Dish Network clobbers Pansat

Status
Please reply by conversation.
"NagraStar, sued Panarex claiming that Panarex sold dishes from a South Korean manufacturer, Global Technologies Inc., that were ready for software programs downloaded from the Internet that let them decode and steal scrambled Dish Network programming."

How do you put software on a dish?

So now Pansat can't sell any more receivers. What the hell is this? Mother Russia. Charlie is one to talk about piracy. I guess he forgot how he and Echostar were involved in VC-2 piracy back in the day.

People often don't realize that intellectual property laws (patents, copyrights and trademarks) mean absolutely nothing to certain cultures. Foreign companies have been stealing our engineering processes and technology since the beginning of the Industrial Age...and it's perfectly acceptable within their society.

How can they shut them down when it is now impossible to use such equipment for pirating since they went to Nagravision 3??? :confused:

Criminals do crimes with guns but you can still buy guns!!! Pirates used receivers but we still should be able to buy receivers!!! :rant:

Why can't these things be overturned so we still would have a selection of equipment to buy!!! :mad:

Where will Charlie draw the line???

Where will Charlie stop with his OJ Simpson legal team??? :eek:

Pirates use dishes, coax and lnbfs along with the electricity to run satellite devices! :rolleyes:

Do all satellite related component companies fly the "pirate flag" according to Charlie??? :confused:

DISH Network made a deal to stop the sale of four different models of Pansat receivers; the 150, 250, 3500 and the 9200HD.

This leaves them free to sell the Pansat 4500 as well as the TC-1000 off air stereo ATSC tuner, which will be re-configured with an optional kit in several weeks, that has many of the HD satellite functions as the 9200.

DishmanDan-it will stop when he controls ALL satellite-delivered tv programming. Then he can go after the OTA stuff.
In short, 'Might makes right' pretty much sums up this entire episode.

I hope Comcast eats Charlie alive. They have more power and bucks than him. I don't care for Comcast but in this instance I hope Comcast gets control of more programming and distribution of cable services and sticks it to Charlie good. Because without Cable programming Charlie may as well sell his pizza pans for a cheese and sausage dish.

I think a member here works at Panarex, if I am not mistaking his user name is Hugo something.
Maybe he can give more details with this issue against them.

As Dishman Dan pointed out, the targeted equipment is now useless for anything other than unencrypted signals. This proves Charlie simply wants anyone who receives ANYTHING via satellite to pay him.

There are antitrust laws in this country... Someone should start using them.

DishmanDan-it will stop when he controls ALL satellite-delivered tv programming. Then he can go after the OTA stuff.
In short, 'Might makes right' pretty much sums up this entire episode.

I was at a former C band dealer on Monday (Looking for goodies!) who is now a D@$# and a D!#$%^* dealer. He says that Charlie is a nice man and would never go out of his way to cause trouble! :eek:
He also says all the "Charlie the Pirate" stories with the C band are false. The guy had no knowlege of the FTA receiver companies being shut down one by one either!
I think the guy was talking about "Charlie's Angels" and not the Charlie I was talking about!!! ;)

I was at a former C band dealer on Monday (Looking for goodies!) who is now a D@$# and a D!#$%^* dealer. He says that Charlie is a nice man and would never go out of his way to cause trouble! :eek:
He also says all the "Charlie the Pirate" stories with the C band are false. The guy had no knowlege of the FTA receiver companies being shut down one by one either!
I think the guy was talking about "Charlie's Angels" and not the Charlie I was talking about!!! ;)

Sound's like that guy don't have a clue, like most of the dumbed down drones in this country.

Please don't get me started about Charlie and his EVIL ways. :mad: I'll keep it simple. He wants it all and he wants it now, doing anything he has to do to achieve it, legal or otherwise.

Wow

Seems to me that should be illegal for them to even rule that another business doesn't have a right to make a receiver. They have already started on OTA in my state they are already airing commercials warning people about the attempts of special self interests groups trying to take away OTA or charge for services. When I saw some of the decoders for Digital OTA being offerend by certain companies I knew it was only a matter of time. Some of these Digital boxes was being offered with a card slot. What's that tell you?

Our nation has already seen what the huge corporate monoply has done for our banking system. Suppose when is our government going to step in and say enough is enough?

Think of it this way, If they can stop Panarex from building FTA receivers it will be only a matter of time before He can go after any FTA receiver MFG that allows any kind of software updates. Seriously speaking He could go after any company that builds an FTA receiver. Panarex is only the first..wait and see...

By this logic, shouldn't Charlie's company be subject to a lawsuit? Weren't there Dish Network receivers that were modified to steal signals with as well?

That is true

By this logic, shouldn't Charlie's company be subject to a lawsuit? Weren't there Dish Network receivers that were modified to steal signals with as well?

I did some research on this post this afternoon and ran across enough information on the web to learn this is very true! I even found j-tagging could be done. I was amazed!

Looks to me Like Panarex could very well say the same thing about Charlie's own receivers.

This whole notion boggles me, as it's like telling Coffee Drinkers you have to drink my brand of coffee and use my coffee maker or you can't have coffee.

Now that would certainly raise some eyebrows...I would bet too it would get some really nasty replies messing with a man's coffee! LOL

Almost........Dish Network has a problem if your coffee maker allows you to brew stolen coffee right out of the box. As far as I know, all Pansat (Panarex) receivers running factory firmware will not steal signals right out of the box. They have to be modified to do so......in much the same way a Dish Network receiver must be modified to steal a signal. Therefore the manufacturer is not at fault.
May I offer another analogy....lets say you take a new car and cut out the seatbelts, disable the air bags and have an accident. In this accident you are seriously injured as a result of the lack of safety features. Is this the manufacturers fault because YOU modified it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)