Dish Network Corp. (DISH) founder Charlie Ergen said he may permanently drop Time Warner Inc.

Turner Classic Movies is what I miss. Shouldn't they be OBLIGED to give us a rebate since a NUMBER of channels are off now? I mean it's NOT what I signed up for so I'm NOT getting what I agreed to nor what I'm paying for. Contrct violation between Dish and me? YES!
In fact you did agree by signing the commitment contract when you began your service.

I. Changes in Services Offered. We may add, delete, rearrange and/or change any and all programming,
programming packages and other Services that we offer, as well as the prices and fees related to such programming,
programming packages and Services, at any time, including without limitation, during any term commitment period to
which you have agreed. If a change affects you, we will notify you of such change and its effective date. In the event
that we delete, rearrange or change any programming, programming packages or other Services, we have no obligation
to replace or supplement such programming, programming packages or other Services. You are not entitled to any
refund because of a deletion, rearrangement or change of any programming, programming packages or other Services.

I actually read mine before I signed it, not many do according to the tech that waited patiently for me to finish reading it.

No it ain't. They wanted to make a special on Hilary. They like to point out Republicans as "sexist, racist, and having a war on women". They showed Marco Rubio taking a drink of water like several times. Candy Crowley interceded for Obama in the 2nd debate, even though moderators are supposed to remain neutral. (Even though after the debate she retracted that statement. Don't believe me? Look up the youtube video "Candy Crowley Admits She Was Wrong to Correct Romney." All the mainstream media gives the Democrat more time in the debates, even ones where the GOP wins like the 1st 2012 presidential debates. They are hostile towards the GOP in the GOP debates. At least Fox News at least TRIES to portray both sides. There are liberals on Fox News like Allan Colmes, Juan Williams, Bob Beckel, and Kirsten Powers. They hardly have any conservatives on the other networks. And when they do, the conservative is often cut short when talking. May I add that that ABC moderator in the VP 2012 debate let Biden be rude and interrupt and laugh at Paul Ryan the whole debate? She even interrupted Ryan a few times. Stop excusing this disrespect. Liberals ARE NOT about free speech like they say. They are about free speech when you agree with them.

awe bless your heart.
You need to stop your political ranting and leanings and take it the pit and not here in this thread. If you can't then someone might find the need to delete your posts.

Reactions: Yespage
Turner Classic Movies is what I miss. Shouldn't they be OBLIGED to give us a rebate since a NUMBER of channels are off now? I mean it's NOT what I signed up for so I'm NOT getting what I agreed to nor what I'm paying for. Contrct violation between Dish and me? YES!

No it's not.

Sample agreement:

http://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/dha_agreement.pdf?WT.svl=video-plan-agreements-files

Page 1, part of the big bold part, and underlined:

***You acknowledge and agree that DISH shall have the right to change : (I skipped A, look if you're curious)
(B)packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by programming suppliers, features and functionality at any time and from time to time, including, without limitation, during any term commitment to which you have agreed;

Well, the news coverage quality is so poor on CNN and MSNBC, they probably can't tell the difference.

No it's not.

Sample agreement:

http://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/dha_agreement.pdf?WT.svl=video-plan-agreements-files

Page 1, part of the big bold part, and underlined:

***You acknowledge and agree that DISH shall have the right to change : (I skipped A, look if you're curious)
(B)packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by programming suppliers, features and functionality at any time and from time to time, including, without limitation, during any term commitment to which you have agreed;
What is incredible is that such language is actually legal. Of course, when I first signed on, there were fewer channels, and not nearly as much HD.

News stations don't offer near the quality they use to. There are so many other news channels and other outlets to get news. It's like living in a big city and one of the newspaper companies quit. Some people may be bothered that their favorite paper is gone but overall not many people care because there are other papers giving the same news along with tons of content online. The news is at our fingertips now and they old ways of offering news are going under.

Last edited:
Reactions: nelson61
The problem with CNN is same as The Weather Channel. More often than not, when I tune to CNN, I get cooking/travelogue shows instead of news. When I tune to TWC, I get guys traipsing around the Alaskan wilderness, instead of the weather. As a result, I rarely ever go to them anymore. They brought these cable/satellite confrontations on all by themselves.

Reactions: Elkview and brejust
The problem with CNN is same as The Weather Channel. More often than not, when I tune to CNN, I get cooking/travelogue shows instead of news. When I tune to TWC, I get guys traipsing around the Alaskan wilderness, instead of the weather. As a result, I rarely ever go to them anymore. They brought these cable/satellite confrontations on all by themselves.

can get the weather on the net however i like cnn still for some stuff and hln for that crazy lady nancy grace turning off those mikes and shutting people up when they disagree with her. *lol*

some reality shows are good on cable *like on discovery* yuken men, dual survival. there are plenty of good reality stuff on other channels. like that saying to each they own. If someone doesnt like a show they should not have to watch it. the issue is a customer pays for services and channels, and we should still get them.

hmm

And the black helicopters are flying over your house too, right? :)

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk
those black helicopter squadrons exist, without giving away to much I was assigned to a special projects aviation unit for my first tour of duty in the navy. where everything was secret squirrel stuff, I ended up divorced because of that squadron. because you couldnt talk about what you did where your going what you did when your coming back or even contact home when deployed. we was basically flat out told lie to your spouse and family if you dont want to end up with a court martial or in Ft Leavenworth.

Only on Charlie's end. We will see no discount in price. They have never had a price drop that I can remember in 18 years with DISH.

There was one time when they did have a price drop.

It was a $49.99 bundle that included Top200, HBO/Cinemax and the DVR Fees.

Then before that there was a discount when the everything pack came out.

The dvr Bundel was around for a year, but it was a price drop before Dish broke the Bundel and jacked the rates up

I just realized Anthony Bourdain's shows are on CNN. I really like his shows. Gosh, I'm gonna miss him. Guess I'll have to distract myself with some of the thousands of shows and movies on my two HWS and five EHDs.

Reactions: JTBenson
There was one time when they did have a price drop.

It was a $49.99 bundle that included Top200, HBO/Cinemax and the DVR Fees.

Then before that there was a discount when the everything pack came out.

The dvr Bundel was around for a year, but it was a price drop before Dish broke the Bundel and jacked the rates up

Well Claude,after you were a retailer for them , I believe you. But to me ,it has been price hike,year and year since 2000 . When it wasn't a price hike , there was an equipment or miscellaneous Fee hike. Even their "price freezes" were nothing more than a huge price hike the year before the freeze and then another price hike at the end of their price freeze. Simple shifting of the increases on paper to make it look like there was no increase in the middle year. The first few years I had DISH , there were few price hikes and a lot of channel additions. IN 2000, I paid only $69.99 for AEP and now it would cost you over $126.99.

The Weather Channel had one of those Supernatural shows on so my cousin recorded it and showed it to me and we had a good laugh. Sad, but at least on the Roku I have Weather Nation.

Reactions: levibluewa
Well Claude,after you were a retailer for them , I believe you. But to me ,it has been price hike,year and year since 2000 . When it wasn't a price hike , there was an equipment or miscellaneous Fee hike. Even their "price freezes" were nothing more than a huge price hike the year before the freeze and then another price hike at the end of their price freeze. Simple shifting of the increases on paper to make it look like there was no increase in the middle year. The first few years I had DISH , there were few price hikes and a lot of channel additions. IN 2000, I paid only $69.99 for AEP and now it would cost you over $126.99.
You don't say. I mean I wouldn't have thought it unless you hadn't repeated it for 100th time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts