Dish Network Corp. (DISH) founder Charlie Ergen said he may permanently drop Time Warner Inc.

I am waiting for the TNT negotiations as I expect this to be resolved around then. If not, I will be switching.

Just be prepared to switch again no matter which transporter you are using. The war between the transporters (Dish. Directv, etc) and the content providers is starting to get hot. We will be seeing many more contract disputes and not just limited to Dish.

I just called them to ask about getting a price reduction since they've removed channels from my 250 pack and not added in new ones. They offered $5 a month for three months as long as I promise not to leave. Or what? They'll ask for $10 back? I told them to buzz off and started looking at new services.

If DirecTV didn't have the stupid sports packages included with everything and I could get a price reduction to have the removed, that would be ideal. This is getting ridiculous. I have to count on TV for my business and I with these fake contract negotiations, I'm always in flux. So sick of it.

It amazes me that a package that has "everything" (which is essentially what I have with all pay channels) goes from $129.99 to 168.99 with Blockbuster channels (not included in everything, meaning everything isn't everything), superstations, DVR service fee, protection plan ad taxes. Then they play with the lineup. Unfair.

Not sure what you mean when you say " I have to count on TV for my business". I may be wrong, but according to your post, it appears that you are utilizing a residential account in a business setting?

About a year+ ago, they have started disabling the dvr features on the receiver for pauses, and the reasoning is, it is no longer being paid for, so it is no longer subscribed to for access. Not everyone is affected, so you will hear mixed stories across the board. Almost all 625 users that have received the signal saying they are disco will be affected(after a certain software version).

About a year+ ago, they have started disabling the dvr features on the receiver for pauses, and the reasoning is, it is no longer being paid for, so it is no longer subscribed to for access. Not everyone is affected, so you will hear mixed stories across the board. Almost all 625 users that have received the signal saying they are disco will be affected(after a certain software version).
Well I did pause my 722k in December 2013 and had it like that till March 2014. No issues with already recorded shows. Don't know if external hdd is allowed

I can't count how many times my "death and taxes" prediction of people asking for a price decrease in this thread because of the removal of the Turner channels. It's comical. Do people forget that a new deal was struck with Disney this year, which would be an expensive increase that would greatly eclipse any savings made from the loss of lowly Turner channels? Now maybe the increase would be $3 instead of $5, or $5 instead of $7.

Reactions: navychop
Or switch to Shaw Direct, the Canadian services never drop channels. Plus, you get different channels Dish and Direct don't want to sell you. But don't get me started on that, heh.

Or switch to Shaw Direct, the Canadian services never drop channels. Plus, you get different channels Dish and Direct don't want to sell you. But don't get me started on that, heh.

I don't see Shaw being much better than any other provider. Just browsed through a Shaw Direct thread and saw plenty of the same complaints with them. A price increase at the beginning of next year, equipment fees being ridiculous, not getting the channels they want in HD and some of the same complaints you hear Dish and DirecTV customers talk about.

I don't see Shaw being much better than any other provider. Just browsed through a Shaw Direct thread and saw plenty of the same complaints with them. A price increase at the beginning of next year, equipment fees being ridiculous, not getting the channels they want in HD and some of the same complaints you hear Dish and DirecTV customers talk about.

It is like getting a package shipped to your house. Do you want to use UPS, FEDEX, or US POSTAL SERVICE. They all deliver a similar package for a similar price.

Well I got $25.00 off for 6 months & FREE Showtime and Starz for 3 months on two of my accounts. I already got 1/2 Hbo last month for 6 months on my account. That makes my DISH fees go down to $11.00 a month for a while. Not too bad. I wasn't really trying to hard to get too much this time. My Dad will appreciate the savings on his account in my name.

Reactions: TheKrell
Not sure what you mean when you say " I have to count on TV for my business". I may be wrong, but according to your post, it appears that you are utilizing a residential account in a business setting?
I believe they said somewhere that they write reviews of TV shows or something like that. I wouldn't expect that to require a commercial account.

Gee, I got no offers for 15 minutes of chatting (after 1/2 hr wait) before I got the $5 off for 6 months which I took. Are you saying we should keep going back and asking for more? I am loath to beg, when in fact Turner stations don't really matter that much to our family.

If it's the person who I'm thinking of then she isn't using it as a business account. She is using Dish to watch TV shows so she can review them for her website.

Reactions: ChadT41
We are up to week 3 now with my daughter not being able to watch her favorite shows (seriously, she DRVed 4 shows and watched them over and over) -- so I'm starting to seriously weigh some of my options.

I honestly want to see how well the family manages not having TV, but am not sure I'm ready to fully commit to a complete cancel over this one network (not quite yet). From reading around it looks like I can put my account on 'pause' for $5/month and just keep all equipment in place and leave everything untouched without affecting my subscriber time with dish (which is at 18 years now).

Anyone done a pause before? Any gotchas I need to worry about? Anything that does/doesn't work for me which service is paused?

If nothing else I'm hoping that Dish seeing a (very) long time customer serious enough to consider dropping a service that I'm (generally) happy with means this particular outage isn't a 'non event' per Charlie's words.
Just a minute..Now who is REALLY making an issue of this one channel? Is it really your daughter? Or is it YOU?
I have an even better question....What would be the result should the show your daughter likes is cancelled?
Tell ya what....Us kids were in no way coddled. If we whined about a tv show(s) not being on, my mom would tell us to go outside and play or go read a book.

Gee, I got no offers for 15 minutes of chatting (after 1/2 hr wait) before I got the $5 off for 6 months which I took. Are you saying we should keep going back and asking for more? I am loath to beg, when in fact Turner stations don't really matter that much to our family.
I called this morning around 11:00 am and asked to cancel my account. I got immediately transferred to the loyalty department. I told them that I wanted to cancel because my prices are too high and DISH is removing channels. He said the usual we are working to get the channels back...yada, yada, yada, and then offered me $25.00 off for 6months. I said good can you give me any premiums for FREE and he offered me Starz and Showtime for 3 months. I already had 1/2 Hbo from last month. I said yes, I would take that offer, as long as he could apply it to both of my accounts. He said sure , he applied it and said check back in May for more promos and credits. I said I sure would and I was out and it only took about 20 minutes total from start to finish. I have heard of another who claim they got $35.00 off for 6 months, but I didn't push it that much ,since I really don't care if they replace CNN or not.

I called this morning around 11:00 am and asked to cancel my account. I got immediately transferred to the loyalty department. I told them that I wanted to cancel because my prices are too high and DISH is removing channels. He said the usual we are working to get the channels back...yada, yada, yada, and then offered me $25.00 off for 6months. I said good can you give me any premiums for FREE and he offered me Starz and Showtime for 3 months. I already had 1/2 Hbo from last month. I said yes, I would take that offer, as long as he could apply it to both of my accounts. He said sure , he applied it and said check back in May for more promos and credits. I said I sure would and I was out and it only took about 20 minutes total from start to finish. I have heard of another who claim they got $35.00 off for 6 months, but I didn't push it that much ,since I really don't care if they replace CNN or not.

So glad that in the end, you stood on principle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts