Dish Network Corp. (DISH) founder Charlie Ergen said he may permanently drop Time Warner Inc.

It is a new trend. Viacom is doing it now with Cableone since they are in dispute. If you are using Cableone internet you cannot stream from Viacom owned sites like MTV.com. So, you could be subscribed to Dish but cut off because you have Cableone as an ISP.
Liberty drop Viacom channels, but still access to the website, more, Liberty customer there access to the bandwidth even after 5 hours of NETFLIX, youtube and download of torrent at same time.

Personally, I would pay $5-7 a month for TCM. If they would make it a premium channel, I would pay for it. And I bet you that many classic movie fans would. Not sure if Turner would get enough subscribers doing this though.

a la carte.

Now, you're talking.
This is an illustration of a la carte. You would be willing to buy these channels at a certain price as a premium. I agree.
However, programmers will fight this clear to the US Capitol.
The programmers want their niche channels which cost them money to produce, to be on the coat tails of their other more highly rated channels.
To the avg consumer, these niche channels are the clutter in the hallway that leads to the bedrooms in their home.
They'd just as soon find a dumpster for those items, but there is always ONE person in the house who is emotionally attached to the junk.
A la carte not mean to eliminate all package, just another way to have channel. Package, theme package and A la carte and even two channel for 2.99 like in canada, after the basic package.

The Satellite or cable companies have been bundling packages where 90% of the content in those bundles are ignored by the customers. If they would either break down the bundles into smaller bundles, or offer ala carte type programming they would get more sympathy from me. McCain actually tried to do something like that, but the lobbyists
seem to have put a stop to that.

It should be no surprise that more people are cutting the cord

Reactions: foghorn2
The Satellite or cable companies have been bundling packages where 90% of the content in those bundles are ignored by the customers. If they would either break down the bundles into smaller bundles, or offer ala carte type programming they would get more sympathy from me. McCain actually tried to do something like that, but the lobbyists
seem to have put a stop to that.

It should be no surprise that more people are cutting the cord

I think that the general public would have to all agree to be willing to completely get rid of the bottom 20% of watched channels then. Those channels would have to eventually get let go of by the networks due to lack of viewership.

Reactions: dishcomm
When that time comes they would, but is also not guaranteed that the AT&T/Directv deal would be approved yet
Plus they can't wait that long when Directv have ESPN and AMC contract expiring soon.
Businesses that are in good financial shape typically have the luxury of waiting out these things.

No, smart man. I wouldn't have married my wife if she wasn't an avid Steeler fan. :)
Sorry, football and estrogen don't mix.

I've been called a caveman because I don't like being around women while watching sports. Especially football. Oh well.
Quite frankly most, not all women who claim to like football know very little about the game. They tend to scream at the play on the tv and say things that make no sense. They tend to take things personally because they have no understanding of the nuances of football.
I swore off Super Bowl parties long ago because of this.
Now, I have also been around female football fans who I swear know more about the teams, game than most guys. They can analyze a play. They can pretty much tell what's going to happen by looking at the offensive set ups. Amazing.
I have one particular friend whose wife is a football connoisseur. She comes up with stuff that floors me.

I've been called a caveman because I don't like being around women while watching sports. Especially football. Oh well.
Quite frankly most, not all women who claim to like football know very little about the game.
Oh well, I can tell you're not a Steeler fan then (I'd venture to say some other teams as well, like the Packers) :)

Steeler fandom in ingrained in family traditions...kids, grandmas et. al. all are diehard knowledgeable fans. :D

UGH.....The ratings on their shows are so low, that some of them are not even listed.
Glad to see MSNBC has at least one viewer.
Not me! I just like one to check in on once in awhile. If not CNN then they will suffice. Don't need two, that's for sure. Could drop MSNBC and have Al Jazeera I guess....haven't even stopped by there for a visit though.

Oh well, I can tell you're not a Steeler fan then (I'd venture to say some other teams as well, like the Packers) :)

Steeler fandom in ingrained in family traditions...kids, grandmas et. al. all are diehard knowledgeable fans. :D
Oh.....It's not JUST Steeler fans. Although my 5 years experience working in a Steelers sports bar told me that you Steeler fans believe you are the most knowledgeable football fans on planet earth.
My experience also told me that Steeler fans are the most up and down sports fans. They live and die on every down. It's amazing.
One second they are elated....The very next down they are ripping the team to shreds. I don't get it.
Look, every team has their well rounded fans.
My point about women in this area is based solely on personal experience. I prefer to watch football with other guys. We don;t have to censor ourselves. We can drink beer, burp, fart without some hypersensitive female making a big deal out of it.
It is also a pleasure to view football without the inane screeching. It is what it is.
Done

Quite frankly most, not all women who claim to like football know very little about the game. They tend to scream at the play on the tv and say things that make no sense. They tend to take things personally because they have no understanding of the nuances of football.
I swore off Super Bowl parties long ago because of this.
Now, I have also been around female football fans who I swear know more about the teams, game than most guys. They can analyze a play. They can pretty much tell what's going to happen by looking at the offensive set ups. Amazing.
I have one particular friend whose wife is a football connoisseur. She comes up with stuff that floors me.

I get what your saying. I must be one of the few that has a wife that knows a good amount about football. We have season tickets to Iowa football games and we watch football together at home a lot. We also do a fantasy football league together.

Reactions: dishcomm
I get what your saying. I must be one of the few that has a wife that knows a good amount about football. We have season tickets to Iowa football games and we watch football together at home a lot. We also do a fantasy football league together.

My condolences.

Or switch to Shaw Direct, the Canadian services never drop channels. Plus, you get different channels Dish and Direct don't want to sell you. But don't get me started on that, heh.

The only malfunction with that solution is Shaw Direct is strictly just for Canadian residents. They changed the satellite footprints to make it so. I wouldn't mind having Shaw Direct myself but since they want to have a Double Standard deal going on with us, I don't need their service. That's where they can see some of our programming, but we aren't allowed see any of theirs. Whatever they want to do I guess.......:-/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)