Dish Network Expands National Hd Line-up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
At some point they will need to do away with all of the SD channels, in order to free up bandwidth eaten up by duplicates. To do that, they need to have all receivers be MPEG4 and HD. The questions is whether they'll make receivers that receive HD and downrez just so they can continue charging the HD customers extra - or will they force everyone to buy into HD, or will they eventually drop HD fees when HD has become mainstream? I wonder if the current line of SD receivers can actually receive and downrez HD? Also wonder when my 622 will have the option to stop showing me the SD channels where they are duplicates?

So there are aprox. 11 million SD customers to aprox. 2 million HD customers and you want Dish to tell the 11 million to kiss off because they are just going to do HD channels???? That sounds like a good business plan. :rolleyes:

OK, now that we got SciFi and USA, what do we want next? How about ABC Family, FX and weather channel. Is Fox News in HD yet?

Charlie has always delivered

Good Lord, an intelligence observation as opposed to the usual sophomoric bitching!
I so definitely agree. I have had Dish for I am thinking... approximately 8 years . Love to see the subs here bail at some point, crying I'm going to Direct. (Whaaa...whaaaa..whaaa and also blah..blah..blah....) Always makes for an interesting read with no intelligent reasoning. Dish and in his defense (Charlie) has always delivered over the years that I have subscribed to Dish. There has been no reason to defect. The hardware and service have been and are first rate!!

I switched to the HD only plan today, adding CNN was the one channel I watch in SD, that and the golf channel I had in Ala Carte. I also added the Music CD channels Ala Carte (not sirius).
So now I get all the HD channels for less than I was paying.

I've been very satisfied with Dish since 2002.:):)

when will i get USA HD and Sci-fi HD? i have dish latino max with dish HD ultimate and i dont get these channels.

I'm in the same boat as you, I talked to someone at Dish and they said I should be getting those channels, they will open a work order and let me know. I also have dish latino max ultimate hd. If I know something i'll let you know.

From looking at the uplink center, there isn't a feed for Sci-Fi HD and USA HD in the Latino package. If you look at CNN HD, there is a corresponding feed at channel 5314 for the Latino package. However, I don't see that to be the case with Sci-Fi HD or USA HD. They "create" different channel numbers for the DL packages and I'm not seeing it for them.

5314 - CNN [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 25 ConUS beam (Available)
5314 - CNN [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar5 129W TP 11 ConUS beam (Available)

9436(200) - CNN [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 25 ConUS beam (Available)
9436(200) - CNN [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar5 129W TP 11 ConUS beam (Available)

Notice CNN HD is added twice to both satellites. One is for DL and one is for regular programming.

CHNG 9431 USA MPEG4 HD Tp 17 EchoStar 8 110w UNAVAIL HIDE
TO 9431 USA MPEG4 HD Tp 17 EchoStar 8 110w AVAIL HD MAP 105

CHNG 9432 SCIFI MPEG4 HD Tp 17 EchoStar 8 110w UNAVAIL HIDE
TO 9432 SCIFI MPEG4 HD Tp 17 EchoStar 8 110w AVAIL HD MAP 122

Notice they didn't add those channels twice for each satellite.

Just curious is anyone getting usa or sci fi hd in Alaska. I subscribe to top 250 and alaska hd and I am not seeing these channels.

I'm in the same boat as you, I talked to someone at Dish and they said I should be getting those channels, they will open a work order and let me know. I also have dish latino max ultimate hd. If I know something i'll let you know.

Yeah, they are not in the Dish Latino Max HD packages. The SD versions of Sci-Fi and USA are included in the Dish Latino Max so I don't know why they were not added to the Latino Max HD packages.

I emailed them and they said that they will forward my request to the programming department. I'm not expecting them anytime soon. :)

Just curious is anyone getting usa or sci fi hd in Alaska. I subscribe to top 250 and alaska hd and I am not seeing these channels.

I live in Anchorage and can see both channels, but they are not available to Alaska customers according to the Dish CSR I talked with. We have the Alaska HD package and these are only available at HD Essentials and higher. We are also not allowed to subscribe to the HD essentials package, I tried. I called Dish three times and got the same response each time. I have a six foot dish pointed at 110 so signal strength isn't a problem. I plan on complaining to Dish on a regular basis. It seems absurd that a few months ago I could have ordered a PPV movie on this transponder, but can't view these channels now!

This is typical dish when it comes to alaska, I am probably going to go direct tv sometime this summer.

The only SD channels I still watch are Speed and FX, but with the lawsuit going on it'll be awhile before the HD versions are available. Really glad we got SciFiHD.

Yeah, they are not in the Dish Latino Max HD packages. The SD versions of Sci-Fi and USA are included in the Dish Latino Max so I don't know why they were not added to the Latino Max HD packages.

I emailed them and they said that they will forward my request to the programming department. I'm not expecting them anytime soon. :)

i wonder why they cant just turn on the USA HD and Scifi HD from the 9400 range.

This is typical dish when it comes to alaska, I am probably going to go direct tv sometime this summer.

When it comes to Alaska Dish's HD lineup is lacking, I have a co-worker with Direct and she gets all of the HD channels. I would like to know if Dish has any plans to expand Alaska'a HD lineup, they're seriously behind Direct up here..

I'm hoping someone at Dish(Charlie?) comes to their senses and allows us to receive these two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts