Dish Network Has Tnt Hd!!!!

John Kotches said:
Well, I guess DIsh just showed DirecTV who the HD leader is.....

The answer, still Voom :D

Cheers,

We did not need that
gee,which DBS company will survive til the next year........ :p

John Kotches said:
Well, I guess DIsh just showed DirecTV who the HD leader is.....

The answer, still Voom :D

Cheers,

LOL, I love that. I'm not sure how a company that only has 8,000 subscribers, a 53 million dollar debt, and 21 channels of garbage content makes them a HD Leader. Just because someone has the most # of channels doesn't make them a leader, sheesh...

Who's to say Direct TV won't carry TNTHD at launch? Has that been announced? Nothing is official until launch day when the cards are on the table.

BFG said:
LOL, I love that. I'm not sure how a company that only has 8,000 subscribers, a 53 million dollar debt, and 21 channels of garbage content makes them a HD Leader. Just because someone has the most # of channels doesn't make them a leader, sheesh...

Agreed,The only channel they have that I might have a interest in is the MonstersHD channel,the rest well,who needs a bunch of channels that repeat the same stuff over and over and over.
The only other channels they have that would be a improvement for both D* and E* are the premium movie channels(starzHD,etc)which I have no problem believing that both D* and E* will start carrying this year.
I like having my RSN and the other SD channels that I like to watch that they don't carry(sci-fi,super-stations,locals when they are not broadcasting in HD,etc).
And I am glad that E* added this channel at launch without any complaining from us(When will Dish add more HD)except remember what else is out there for them to add(BravoHD is the same shows every 6 hours)and the premium channels,nothing.
I like being with a company that I have no fear that will be in business next year. :p

Discovery HD is on channel 9421, but if you enter 9420 on your remote and the TEST1 (TNT HD) isn't uploaded yet you will be brought to the closest channel #, which is DiscHD...

Great! Now I can finally see what all the uproar was because this channel must have some "compelling HDTV" to select it over Cinemax HD, Starz HD and Bravo HD.

Can't wait until Wednesday to see this "compelling" channel.

Channel 9420 used to be Discovery HD. But when it moved over to 110° from 61.5° they had it mirrored on both satellites at the same time it was on 9420 at 61.5/148 and 9421 at 110. Later it left channel 9420 and the side slots.

See ya
Tony

Bradtothebone said:
Does (will) TNT-HD simply mirror what is on TNT-SD, or will the content differ, al la Discovery vs. Discovery HD Theater?

Brad

it will simply mirror what's on TNT...

I bet TNT-HD will mix the HD content just as ESPN-HD does. The question will be "How is the SD handled"?

Is there any programming on right now or will they wait until Wenesday?

Until Sacramento forced a Game 7 against Minnesota yesterday, there was a chance that the Western conference finals would start on Wednesday. A press report in January said TNT would be showing most of its movies , sports and drama in HD starting in May