Dish Network Has Tnt Hd!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott Greczkowski said:
Its on 110. I understand it won't be available to everyone until the 19th.

But it WILL be available. :D
did dish officially tell you the 19th or is that from one of your inside sources which may or may not be true?

gpflepsen said:
I bet TNT-HD will mix the HD content just as ESPN-HD does. The question will be "How is the SD handled"?

I think they should pass SD through 4:3 the way HBO does. HBO-HD does an excellent job of mixing content.

If they really feel they need to stretch, they should use something that would produce similar results to the 811's Partial Zoom, or Sony's "Wide Zoom", instead of ESPN's ridiculous full screen stretch, where everybody looks like a fireplug.

korsjs said:
Here comes nascar in hd the second part of the season. Could be everyweek with nbc going to broadcast most of the races in hd.

AMEN!!! Glad I invested in everything in time to see the last decent NASCAR season (before Brian France totally destroys it) in HD!

Could be everyweek with nbc going to broadcast most of the races in hd.
From the May 5th issue of TV Technology:

NBC aired NASCAR's first HD broadcast on Feb 14, the Hershey's Kisses 300 NASCAR Bush Series. The next day, NBC broadcast the 46th Daytona 500 in HD. Both were produced in 1080i Dolby Surround Sound, using the same HD mobile production unit that produced the Super Bowl. NBC has no specific plans to air another HD NASCAR event this year.
The good news is that FOX moves to 720p this fall, and they should offer NASCAR in 720p HD next year.

Ken F said:
From the May 5th issue of TV Technology:

The good news is that FOX moves to 720p this fall, and they should offer NASCAR in 720p HD next year.
For YOU maybe. Unless everybody gets off their butts and beats the NAB into submission, a lot of us will NEVER see HD networks. Please click on my signature below. TY.

GaryPen said:
Until then, you can tune to HDNet Movies, your 24 hour "Lone Wolf McQuade" network.

now,now,now,those cinema channels on voom never have repeats do they :yes

Why is it when D* or E* get some good news about HD the "Voomers"come out to try and ruin the fun,you would think they would be happy for us since they will have some HD content here when they come back after Voom is no more.

For what its worth Dish's Official Statement on TNT HD is that nothing has been announced yet.

However in speaking with others at the company the channel is a definate Go for this week, two have told me it will be launched on Wednesday (The day most channels launch) another has told me it will appear on Thursday, the same day of the Sirius Launch, and one has told me it will launch on Friday.

And there you have it.

I have never seen Dish's picture quality. Is Dish picture quality the same as Direct TV's, both for SD and HD?

klmnoah said:
I have never seen Dish's picture quality. Is Dish picture quality the same as Direct TV's, both for SD and HD?

'don't know if it's still the case, but DirecTV was downconverting the resolutions of their HD channels in order to use less bandwidth. The horizontal pixel count was (is?) reduced from 1920 to something like 1440, I believe. 'not a good thing for picture quality (assuming you have a monitor of high-enough resolution that you can tell the difference), and a big strike against HD Tivo, IMHO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)