Dish Network Has Tnt Hd!!!!

Okay, now that we know it's not a hoax and it's actually on, I guess we can start with the speculation of which, if any, of the TNt broadcast NASCAR races will be in HD. Did we ever get any sense of the answer to that question?

Stacy

Grumpy said:
well, it's the 21st and I don't see 9421 TNT-HD on my menu, maybe later today?

That's becasue it is supposed to be @ 9420. Dish had a Press release about it, so it is coming if u can't get it yet.

Stacy A said:
Okay, now that we know it's not a hoax and it's actually on, I guess we can start with the speculation of which, if any, of the TNt broadcast NASCAR races will be in HD. Did we ever get any sense of the answer to that question?

Stacy

Someone did post a story saying no but I dont remeber which thread, It might have been this one but whichever one it was it was on the first page or the second.

Edit: I found it on this thread. It had been copied but it was the same one I read.

NBC aired NASCAR's first HD broadcast on Feb 14, the Hershey's Kisses 300 NASCAR Bush Series. The next day, NBC broadcast the 46th Daytona 500 in HD. Both were produced in 1080i Dolby Surround Sound, using the same HD mobile production unit that produced the Super Bowl. NBC has no specific plans to air another HD NASCAR event this year.

Can anyone explain why TNT-HD is compelling with stretched upconverted SD while starz, Bravo, Cinemax HD chanels with 20-25% of the day in true Film to HDTV conversions is not compelling?

Don Landis said:
Can anyone explain why TNT-HD is compelling with stretched upconverted SD while starz, Bravo, Cinemax HD chanels with 20-25% of the day in true Film to HDTV conversions is not compelling?
Because Charlie couldn't buy a clue with his entire fortune.

tnt looking real good

sorry for posting another thread. some guy closed the other one without reading the post. the thread had nothing to do with tnt launching, it had to do with the picture and audio quality.

i believe tnt hd looks really good. needs some work on the camera and needs some real work on the audio, but, damn this looks great, just like hdnet, way better than abc and espn (720p).

for the guy who closed the last post, you should close the post that have to do with the launch of tnt hd, not the new post discussing how it looks and sounds.

TNT HD Sound Delay?

Is anyone else seeing a sound delay with TNT HD? When the ball hits the rim I get the thud of it as split second later, anyone else seeing this?

So far during the Lakers/Timberwolves game, it looks like stretch-o-rama for the commercials. Especial bad looking with the letterboxed movie trailers and the promos for the TNT-HD HD movies. Grrr(tm)!

I keep getting unsinked far more often than normal too? Just my setup?

Loving the game in HD, definetally not trying to bash.

Don't know if they fixed the sound delay problem or not, but there for a while they were feeding audio from a radio broadcast or something. I haven't been watching since. Should be able to tell at half time or post game.

GaryPen said:
I figured their had to be some. With the NASCAR fan base such as it is, they probably get tired of watching their favorite drivers always leaning to the left.
Oh that's good! I mean it! And of course, you're RIGHT! ar, ar, ar. :p :yes

he is the mod, he isn't just "some guy". he has the power to close down any thread he wants, and he most likly close or delete this one. He is here to try and stop multiple threads about the same topic, and save room on the server for new stuff that already hasn't been talked about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)