dish network issue

KG4KBU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Corbin, KY
Dish says I can get DSL from windstream and the lineman will not run the line due to it's at&t and they sure won't offer DSL so I want excede through dish at 10 gig month. So I need help signing up then how much would a service call be and do u all offer lnfz?

So Windstream is telling you they do not own the lines at your home? Dish also partners with AT&T, so if you are in an AT&T region have you asked if you could bundle with them?

The next house has windstream and I have at&t and their dslam box is about 5 miles from me and they said they would never ever give me DSL so I'm screwed

How far is the next house from you? Have you contacted Windstream to see if they can get you service at your home? I am also in an AT&T service area but Windstream is also in my development so they may lease lines from AT&T. Its worth a shot to ask.

Less then half a mile and they said no the lineman (who works on the lines) who was with windstream said no he said it was against the law

In a given area, one company owns the "final mile" wires to the houses. Other vendors pay for use of the "final mile". No lineman needed.

Also DSL is not pumped into the wire at the pole, it is done upstream. If the entry point is the "dslam box", then 5 miles is a pretty long stretch. A 1/2 mile extra may be just enough not to be able to carry the DSL signal.

It is not unusual in older wiring grids to only get 1/2 the normal DSL distance because of the number of wire splices.

If only I could get windstream to run a wire to me and in at&t area. When we first got phone service it took over two years because the older companies bellsouth and gte I think fought over who our area belonged to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts