DISH Network launching HD Locals in 7 more cities/DMAs

I can't believe D* is waiting until April to launch MPLS locals in HD...damn, I'm tempted to jump...but I just bought a H20 HDTV receiver, so I'm "committed" for TWO YEARS....

Is there any way out of annual commitments??

HD Locals...

Will these new HD locals be available to existing MP2 customers or just customers with the new MP4 boxes? Will these new HD locals have an additional monthly fee associated with them or will it just fall under the fee we already pay for locals? Is all of the content broadcast on these HD locals going to be in HD or will it only be the shows that are available in HD. It wouldnt seem fair to pay an additional cost for these HD locals that may only broadcast a couple of hours worth of shows a day of actual HD content. Any info/thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

sbacchus said:
is atlanta still 129 only? hoping against hope....

I can't see them on my setup 110, 119, 61.5. I'll be getting in touch with E* to try and get a "real" installation now versus the move one cable from the 811 to the 622 that I got last week.

So as long as I get a new mpeg 4 box and subscribe to the locals I would get them and anything broadcast in HD I would get and not be paying any additional costs for them?

swing on over to 129, or swap to dish1000 if that's what you want, but yes Atlanta is on 129

asmcbride said:
So as long as I get a new mpeg 4 box and subscribe to the locals I would get them and anything broadcast in HD I would get and not be paying any additional costs for them?
And with the proper antenna for your area, yes you would.

Does anyone know if there is an online resource or site that shows all of the local broadcasters show lineup and what shows are broadcast in HD? It would be nice to look at a weekly guide for each of Fox, CBS, NBC and ABC to be able to see just how many shows are actually broadcast in HD throughout the week.

BFG said:
swing on over to 129, or swap to dish1000 if that's what you want, but yes Atlanta is on 129

crap i have a dish pointed at 61.5 right now but absolutely no line of sight to 129 :mad:

Horray!

I will be able to get 50% of DC's local HDTV channels.

NBC 4 - Yes!
Fox 5 - Yes!
ABC 7 - Yes
CBS 9 - Kinda! Its a Gannett station, but one with HDTV local news
UPN 20 - Nope
PBS 22 - No
PBS 26 - Nada
WB 50 - ain't therei

There are a few other Digital channels, but they are SD only. This includes some sub-channels too.

Nope it's in the contract, if you can find it read it to them it says something to the extent that - in leau of paying a cancellation fee, you may return your receivers to us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts