DISH Network launching HD Locals in 7 more cities/DMAs

there was no time frame given.

it was just in the list of markets to be added in 2006, and dish said they'd add 5 markets each month and they aren't really being added in size order so that makes it a bit harder

Can I just switch the dish I now have pointed at 61.5 to point at 129 instead, so I can get my Minneapolis locals? Assuming I get a good signal, is it as simple as just repointing my dish? I'd leave the Dish500 I have still pointed at 110 and 119.

When I leased my 211 last month Dish told me Minneapolis locals would be on 61.5.

BFG said:
there was no time frame given.

it was just in the list of markets to be added in 2006, and dish said they'd add 5 markets each month and they aren't really being added in size order so that makes it a bit harder

The email I got from Marc Lumpkin a few weeks ago said it depended on both Echostar X and how negoiations go with the various affiliates within the DMAs.

This was in the context of me asking about the Burlington, Vt DMA, which although # 90 by size, is actually in the "List" of 50 Dish announced.

My guess is that it also depends on potential $$ vs expenses. Unless something changes in their price structuring, Dish isn't making any additional by adding HD LiLs - they're just included in the Locals package along with the analog channels. So they must be planning on making the money by attracting more subs to the locals package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)