DISH Network launching HD Locals in 7 more cities/DMAs

there was no time frame given.

it was just in the list of markets to be added in 2006, and dish said they'd add 5 markets each month and they aren't really being added in size order so that makes it a bit harder

Can I just switch the dish I now have pointed at 61.5 to point at 129 instead, so I can get my Minneapolis locals? Assuming I get a good signal, is it as simple as just repointing my dish? I'd leave the Dish500 I have still pointed at 110 and 119.

When I leased my 211 last month Dish told me Minneapolis locals would be on 61.5.

BFG said:
there was no time frame given.

it was just in the list of markets to be added in 2006, and dish said they'd add 5 markets each month and they aren't really being added in size order so that makes it a bit harder

The email I got from Marc Lumpkin a few weeks ago said it depended on both Echostar X and how negoiations go with the various affiliates within the DMAs.

This was in the context of me asking about the Burlington, Vt DMA, which although # 90 by size, is actually in the "List" of 50 Dish announced.

My guess is that it also depends on potential $$ vs expenses. Unless something changes in their price structuring, Dish isn't making any additional by adding HD LiLs - they're just included in the Locals package along with the analog channels. So they must be planning on making the money by attracting more subs to the locals package.