DISH Network launching HD Locals in 7 more cities/DMAs

SummitAdvantageRetailer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2004
East Coast
DISH Network Launches HD Locals in 7 more cities/DMAs!

DISH Network will be launching HD local channels in 7 U.S. cities on Thursday March 2nd. These additional cities will bring the total number of HD local markets to 12 and reinforces DISH Network as the Leader in HD programming.

-Denver
-Albuquerque
-Philadelphia
-Washington D.C.
-Atlanta
-Minneapolis
-Salt Lake City

Good news - looking forward to the Wash DC locals, altho I'm still waiting til April Fools Day to order my 622 (...how did E* manage to pick such an appropriate date?).

Question for anyone with: DVR 622 + OTA HD Locals + Sat HD Locals;
How does the guide work as far as the OTA and Sat HD Locals. I'm assuming (hoping) that you can see/access/record both OTA and Sat HD locals. Is this the case?

From Tony's chart:

2/27/06

* Washington, DC major network local channels are now uplinked to channels 6359-6362 on tp 5 at 61.5°. (ANON). These channels are not available to subscribers yet

If I qualify for the "Baltimore, MD ENHANCED 1 (SD 105) Local Network Package" (Significantly Viewed) which includes the DC locals, will I be able to pickup the HD channels out of DC also?

Thanks everyone.

Man I am getting more and more tempted to jump ship from D* to dish. With philly locals starting tomorrow and a dvr that can record them hmmmm. Wonder if I would be able to order all that from dish starting tomorrow.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Scott, I was surprised that they posted this on retailer site before a press release. I wonder when they're going to announce it via press release?!

They will probably announce it tommorow, although lately channels have been up a week before a press release comes out (i.e. the Tennis Channel, Fine Living, Oxygen etc...)

Any ideas about when Dallas is due? It is high on the list, but based on this release, cities lower on the market list are getting a priority...

johnstred said:
Any ideas about when Dallas is due? It is high on the list, but based on this release, cities lower on the market list are getting a priority...
remember they are competing with d*.. sometimes it makes economic sense to get into a smaller market b4 their competition does. Because there are only so many HD customers available whereas larger markets can support 2 HD satellite services

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)