DISH Network MUST be a Cavs fan!!!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
....I sorta mean this tongue-n-cheek, but ALL of Florida will suffer tremendously because two of the top 3 candidates to represent the Eastern Conference will NOT be televised on Fox Sports Net/Sun Sports because of this BULLsh** dispute on the cusp of the NBA season!!!!!!

DDDAMMMMMNNNNNN YYYOOOOUUU DDDDDIIIIISSSSHHHHH!!!!:rant::mad::(

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
....I sorta mean this tongue-n-cheek, but ALL of Florida will suffer tremendously because two of the top 3 candidates to represent the Eastern Conference will NOT be televised on Fox Sports Net/Sun Sports because of this BULLsh** dispute on the cusp of the NBA season!!!!!!

DDDAMMMMMNNNNNN YYYOOOOUUU DDDDDIIIIISSSSHHHHH!!!!:rant::mad::(

Get a real provider who's dedicated to sports... DirecTV.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I dont understand why sports fans continue to stick with Dish

even the "I only watch my local teams" type folks get screwed with games not in HD all the time

boomer69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 4, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
I've been with DISH since they started, and the only reason I've stayed with them is I've always paid less then I would have with DirecTV for the same service, but this FOX fiasco is the last straw!!!...:mad:

If this would have happened any earlier in the baseball season, I would have switched in a second!!!...:( As it stands now, I am giving them until the start of the NBA season to settle this, or I am gone to DirecTV!!!...:rolleyes:

I already have my package and equipment picked out on their web page and all I have to do is enter it!!!... As every day goes by, I am getting a very itchy trigger finger, and may not wait until the end of the month!!!...:eek:

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
That is why I have Directv and have had them for almost 10 years now.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I've been with DISH since they started, and the only reason I've stayed with them is I've always paid less then I would have with DirecTV for the same service, but this FOX fiasco is the last straw!!!...:mad:

If this would have happened any earlier in the baseball season, I would have switched in a second!!!...:( As it stands now, I am giving them until the start of the NBA season to settle this, or I am gone to DirecTV!!!...:rolleyes:

I already have my package and equipment picked out on their web page and all I have to do is enter it!!!... As every day goes by, I am getting a very itchy trigger finger, and may not wait until the end of the month!!!...:eek:

Agreed! Dish is the least expensive of the two....I am waiting to see what happens. I really don't give a hoot.

btharner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 2, 2007
When I switched to satellite three years ago, I did so with one of my sporting preferences (I won't say which one because all the soccer-haters will jump all over me, oops guess I just did) in mind. I chose Dish Network. With the recent situation I did, just out of curiousity, go to DirecTVs website and it looks that if I wanted all the channels that I needed (ESPN, FSC, Univision/Telefutura, and MSG) I would have a bill that is over $130, way more than the $83 I pay now. I wouldn't pay that much more just to avoid missing a few NY Red Bulls games on MSG.

Okay, let the jokes about not watching soccer even if it were free now commence.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
When I switched to satellite three years ago, I did so with one of my sporting preferences (I won't say which one because all the soccer-haters will jump all over me, oops guess I just did) in mind. I chose Dish Network. With the recent situation I did, just out of curiousity, go to DirecTVs website and it looks that if I wanted all the channels that I needed (ESPN, FSC, Univision/Telefutura, and MSG) I would have a bill that is over $130, way more than the $83 I pay now. I wouldn't pay that much more just to avoid missing a few NY Red Bulls games on MSG.

Okay, let the jokes about not watching soccer even if it were free now commence.

Now lets look at that reasonably, You said to get ALL the channels you need it would cost you $ 50 more9roughly) , your paying 80ish now and NOT getting allthe channels you need ?
Does that make more sense to pay less and not be able to see what you want ?

btharner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 2, 2007
No, I get all the channels I need for $80 (well, until MSG got dropped, but that only affected Saturday's game, the remaining games are on the other networks). To get those same networks on DirectTV would cost $50 more. I say that because as I was pretending to place an order, I was not able to get the RSNs or FSC without subscribing to the highest tier of service. Add in three receivers (1 HD, 2 SD), and the monthly price it quoted me was $130 (after the promo involving Sunday Ticket expired after a few months). If I missed something let me know. At this point I have no intention of switching, but it might be a possibility at a later time.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
No, I get all the channels I need for $80 (well, until MSG got dropped, but that only affected Saturday's game, the remaining games are on the other networks). To get those same networks on DirectTV would cost $50 more. I say that because as I was pretending to place an order, I was not able to get the RSNs or FSC without subscribing to the highest tier of service. Add in three receivers (1 HD, 2 SD), and the monthly price it quoted me was $130 (after the promo involving Sunday Ticket expired after a few months). If I missed something let me know. At this point I have no intention of switching, but it might be a possibility at a later time.

Is that including the DISH charges for the addl recvrs ?

You don't have a HD DVR from them, so your prices might be closer.
I was getting at the fact that a HD DVR with DISH would cost you 17 p/m, with D* it's $ 5, the DVR fee, $7 covers ALL DVRs on your account.
As does the $ 10 HD FEE, covers all the recvrs.

btharner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 2, 2007
Thanks for that info. Perhaps I will need to re-visit the possibility when the new season begins in March.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
LMAO! And now, because of local blackout rules apply....NO ONE in Miami with NBA TV can't see the game!

Its the curse of Dan Gilbert!

From my Vibrant using Tapatalk.....

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
LMAO! And now, because of local blackout rules apply....NO ONE in Miami with NBA TV can't see the game!

Correction. The Curse of LeBoob.

Karma's a bitch. Funny how in the first game, Wade gets injured and Miami can't see the Heat on TV. Karma? Irony? Or Sweet Poetic Justice? I'll let you decide...

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ

Nah, no curse. Happens in other sports all the time. The local team wants you watching commercials provided by the local channels. This even happens with NFL Sunday Ticket. If the game is on Fox locally, it's blacked out on the Sunday Ticket channel. Hockey Night in Canada coverage on NHL Network, baseball games on MLB Network and ESPN, etc. In many cases home teams have exclusive rights to games.

The best (albeit possibly more expensive) solution for sports fans will always be DirecTV.

Sandra

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
Correction. The Curse of LeBoob.
PHP:

Karma's a bitch. Funny how in the first game, Wade gets injured and Miami can't see the Heat on TV. Karma? Irony? Or Sweet Poetic Justice? I'll let you decide...

Nah I wouldn't say cursed. One the game was on sun hd so of course nbatv was going to be blacked out. And two, injuries are a part of the game. But hey if we're going to believe in curses then might as well believe in unicorns and leprechauns

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Nah I wouldn't say cursed. One the game was on sun hd so of course nbatv was going to be blacked out. And two, injuries are a part of the game. But hey if we're going to believe in curses then might as well believe in unicorns and leprechauns

Curses/Jinxes work for Madden Covers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)