Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK NAMES ERGEN PRESIDENT AND ANNOUNCES EXECUTIVE APPOINTMENTS

Englewood, CO – February 5, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) today announced that effective immediately, Charlie Ergen, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of DISH Network Corporation and EchoStar Corporation, has assumed the role of President of DISH Network.

Mr. Ergen succeeds Carl Vogel, who stepped down as President due to personal reasons. Mr. Vogel remains Vice Chairman of DISH Network and EchoStar, reporting to Mr. Ergen, and continues leading the Corporate Development, Programming and Business & Commercial Services functions.

Additionally, Mr. Ergen today announced the promotion of two individuals to Executive Vice President (EVP) on the DISH Network executive management team. Erik Carlson was promoted to EVP, Operations and reports to Mr. Ergen, overseeing DISH Network’s home and commercial installations, customer service centers, internal customer billing, and equipment retrieval and refurbishment operations. Mr. Carlson previously was Senior Vice President of Retail Services & Sales, a position he held since mid-2006. He joined EchoStar in 1995 and has held progressively larger operating roles over the years.

Tom Stingley was promoted to EVP, Sales & Distribution and reports to Jim DeFranco, Co-founder and EVP. Mr. Stingley joined EchoStar in 1995 as an Area Sales Manager and has since held various positions of increasing responsibility within the organization, most recently as Senior Vice President of Alliance Management.

The remainder of the DISH Network executive management team reporting to Mr. Ergen includes:

Jim DeFranco, Co-founder and EVP, leading the Sales & Distribution, Travel/Events, and Marketing organizations;
Stanton Dodge, EVP and General Counsel;
Bernie Han, EVP and Chief Financial Officer;
Stephen Wood, EVP and Chief Human Resources Officer.

# # #

I guess dish network is more worried about naming him president than adding programming. I guess this is where our price increase is going.

I guess this is how good ole Charlie is going to get more involved in the business side of things.:D

I'm glad to see that Charlie is finally making something of himself. I bet his folks are proud.

I didnt know that the CEO could become president of the company... But its good news that Charlie stepped in as Carl has been tanking dish lately. Maybe now we can get the feeling that someone is behind the wheel, if whats being discussed in the pub turns out to be true.. along with The other behind the curtin things... The war will be heating up! and quick. This time in three months we all will be floating in hd!

Last edited:
*has yet again been moderated more times than a Chinese librarian*

Dean was doing something else mildly important... Can't be too important though, don't recall what it was.

Question is what will Charlie Chats be like after this.

Next Question... Will there be another Charlie Chat?

This appears to have been the plan all along. Ergan's significant decrease in the day-to-day operations of Dish was announced as allowing Charlie to concentrate on the next phase at Dish. Meaning he was going to buy, sell, or do what he just did, reorganize the company, now companies, Dish and Echostar. These are exceedingly complex high-finance deals involving SEC, IRS, etc. that Ergan didn't want to leave to anyone else. Now, that that is done, Ol' Chuck can get back to really running Dish Network as he did in the olden days. The timing coincides with the recent disappointing last quarter. But none of that can change the launch failures at two separate sites that has caused great delay in Dish launching the sats they had planned to be operational this 1st quarter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts