DIsh Network Olympic Info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
SimpleSimon said:
How about the flagship 921 - based on the 721 - and we don't have it. :(
I'm surprised, since it is available on the 721...

I thought by the time the dust settled, Dish said the only receiver (current receivers only, included I think) was the 811.

On the Olympic Showcase channel, what is the channel in the upper left corner? It is labeled NBC, but is different than my local NBC coverage. Is it an SD version of the HD feed?

I just can't see the whole issue with granting the HD coverage while the NBC showcase channel is available to all.

Well, The 811 just got dish 100 a few weeks ago. The game channels don't even work yet.

Surely none of their software is written in Java. Even if it was, Java doesn't insure cross platform compatibility. The Java Virtual Machine is on each platform and is supposed to make applications run equivelantly on their given platform. Some of the JVM's (especially Linux versions) have their own way of handling certain things, but that is just a personal complaint :D

So, I imagine it has something to do with the 811 and 921 not having a completed "JVM" or whatever cross platform emulation they are trying to put together. I imagine the 16x9 output is a bit of an annoyance also. :rolleyes:

gpflepsen said:
On the Olympic Showcase channel, what is the channel in the upper left corner? It is labeled NBC, but is different than my local NBC coverage. Is it an SD version of the HD feed?

I just can't see the whole issue with granting the HD coverage while the NBC showcase channel is available to all.

It's channel 147, which is like a 5 minute highlight loop

Not sure if anyone has posted or mention already, I spend some time today to compare the quality of ch. 9425 (NBC-HD coverage) and my local OTA HD (NBC). I have noticed that on DIsh, there is the voice sync problem, the vocie has the delay. But OTA has more noticible artifacts than on Dish, especially with the fast moving object. I am wondering if the local station had more compression, since my local NBC has three sub channels on their DTV. Wondering how is everyone else had experienced......

I witness the same thing. When I was comparing the diving between Dish and my OTA I notice alot of pixelation in the driver once they jumped on my OTA channel but not on the Dish channel

I see the opposite! My OTA NBC-DT channel has sharp, flawless PQ w/o any signal breakups or distortions. Watching discus competition, my OTA HD covered the discus flight seamlessly. My OTA HD channel is presented in DD 5.1. Watching the Dish HD Olympics channels, the PQ is softer and the sound is poorer. The signal is so poor that rapid initiation of INFO or VIEW causes severe picture breakup similar to a weak signal. I don't experience this watching HDNET or HDNET Movies, so it isn't my satellite dish's signal strength that is the problem. E* Olympics presentation in HD has been a big disappointment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)