DIsh Network Olympic Info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
BFG: That's not true - I don't get the "blacked-out" slate, I've got the "NBC will provide HD ..." slate. My local NBC affiliate is being a #$%^$%@ about it and not giving waivers.

The only explanation I can give is that either:
1. Someone realized my zipcode is out of their OTA area (but in their DMA).
2. My great-grandfathered waivers from the C-Band days kicked in.
I'll bet on #2

BFG said:
Well I guess that's it then. Distant people do not get the olympics. Only the eligible areas. And the 1 o clock start time sucks as well.
That is why a 921 is GREAT!!
I will record & tomorrow fast forward to what interests me & skip others :)

Dallas NBC OTA feed - HD

I am seeing Figure Skating?????

If they couldn't get the feed then please pick something other than figure skating......

yes they are delaying the HD Opening Cer. 1 hour after the SD, this was planned that way but it is incredibly stupid. They should've at least simulcast the Open Cer. and then start their loop at 4 AM saturday. NBC is a joke...

i am watching ota in tampa, why would they delay opening ceremonies by one hour? is ota going to be delayed the entire olympics? are they doing this incase of terror attacks so they are not seen live???

I don't believe the b*tching and moaning about the tape delay.

The local affiliates are being screwed (at least in their minds), so the compromise is to delay it. So what? You're still getting this wonderful HD feed FOR FREE for crying out loud!!!

The HD coverage will never be simulcast of Analog NBC. they will be running an 8 hour loop delayed 24 hours each day of differently packaged events and commentary etc...

stop bitching about the delay at least your getting it..... think of the people like me who cant get it.. cauz nbc isnt braudcating in hd yet.. towers not up.. and they wont give dish the right to show it in this area..

Let us hope that nbc never gets the super bowl, world seriers, nba finals, nhl finals; or we might be watching the hd feed two days later.

sorry for the rant, but the olympics are special, this is BS! anyone who gets into the olypmics will know the results before we watch the hd feed.

Sad sad sad.

i will be calling the complaint number tomorrow.

Am I the only one who notices that the NBC channel in the NBC Interactive Showcase is NOT my local NBC affiliate, but the NBC Highlights (loop)? Is this going to change once the events start being broadcast tomorrow??

That and if I'm I watching the showcase, then press "View TV" on my 522, it quickly switches to the Telemundo audio, and then exits...not terrible, just funny...

no it wont change, The showcase is actually a channel with interactive features laid on top of it. It would be crazy to be able to configure each person's local NBC in the NBC box

The Dish 9425 HD feed was NOT in DD. It came across as PCM stereo.

THus, can we really call it HD if it violates the audio definition of HD????

Are you receiving channel 9425 from DISH

I am not getting channel 9425 on my 921 and I called Dish. They say that the download to activate it will not occur till 1:00 am on 8/15. It seems that others of you already have it. Am I being given incorrect info by tech support? My channel 9425 says that my smartcard is not set for it. Does anyone have any information to help me??

I am now told that the only people that can get 9425 HD are those that live in an area that already receives NBC as a local and not distant network feed. That sucks since I have no local NBC affiliate available and I can only get the distant NY or LA NBC feeds which disqulifies me from receiving the NBC HD feed. Sound like the feed sucks anyhow so oh well!!

Damn this crap gets more confusing. From what I thought I read your situation WOULD qualify; and the feed does not suck. I've tried that justification too. Just remember this is out of Dish's hands, this is a network vs affiliate vs customer fight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts