Dish Network On Demand access over Starlink

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Anamed1

Original poster
Feb 9, 2021
Spokane, WA
I recently switched my ISP to Starlink and love it! I live in a rural area with poor conventional ISP access. I have my H3 lower ethernet port connected to the aux port on my Starlink Router. H3 shows green on internet connections. However, OnDemand returns the following message: Limited On Demand Content in your area. When I try to access Netflix via my H3 I get a message to check internet connection. I tried connecting my H3 to the internet via my wireless network. Still experience the same problems. Dish Network technician came out and couldn't figure it out. He said it must be a configuration issue in the Starlink router. Unfortunately, the Starlink router has no configurable parameters.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you fix it?

My guess would be that while your receiver has your billing address, the ISP address may not be able to located as the satellites are whizzing all over the earth. There may be some On Demand programming that may be available in the US but, for example, not Brazil or Egypt.

At least, from the message that's what it implies. Can you get any On Demand content?

My guess would be that while your receiver has your billing address, the ISP address may not be able to located as the satellites are whizzing all over the earth. There may be some On Demand programming that may be available in the US but, for example, not Brazil or Egypt.

At least, from the message that's what it implies. Can you get any On Demand content?

A good test of that would be to see if on demand works via Dish Anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I REALLY want to thank you for your post. We need to learn these things, as they will drive usability. What works for WA probably works elsewhere in the States. And vice versa!

Reactions: sktrus
I dunno..but my ISP used a ip address that dish deemed " Canadian " because of their routing tables..even tho the ip block was owned by Comcast...does Starlink use static or dynamic ip addresses?

I recently switched my ISP to Starlink and love it! I live in a rural area with poor conventional ISP access. I have my H3 lower ethernet port connected to the aux port on my Starlink Router. H3 shows green on internet connections. However, OnDemand returns the following message: Limited On Demand Content in your area. When I try to access Netflix via my H3 I get a message to check internet connection. I tried connecting my H3 to the internet via my wireless network. Still experience the same problems. Dish Network technician came out and couldn't figure it out. He said it must be a configuration issue in the Starlink router. Unfortunately, the Starlink router has no configurable parameters.

Maybe Starlink is giving you a Canadian IP address so Dish thinks you are outside the USA. I would open a support request with Starlink.

This same thing is happening to me, although I did have a few weeks of on demand watching with dish and Starlink, today I get the “limited on demand content” code 1254. Tech support tried for hours to update, reset, etc, with no luck. They want to send a tech out for $100, which I refused.

Reactions: pattykay
Yes I suspect the IP address from starlink maybe the problem, you could try using a VPN, with your service I know more cost is involved.
Something you should bring up with Starlink.

Reactions: tetrode

Will your aux connection work with anything else like a laptop?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts