Dish Network Prepaid Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Unless you contact them and request to be upgraded you will eventually no longer be able to use your current yellow smartcard to view any programming. If you already have a purple smartcard then you do not need to worry about getting a new smartcard because you already have the new one.

Once you get a smartcard expiration pop up with date you will have 10 - 14 days left, In that time you must first request, they must process and ship the card, and then you must receive it in the mail, after that you must then correctly get the new card activated. From past experience with prepaid support by all counts this is not enough time to avoid an outage period and lose your programming and prepaid days you paid for. Often it can take 10-14 days of calling prepaid support just to get someone on the phone to talk to that has a remote earthly idea of what you are calling for!

Does anyone know If I can move my prepaid dp301 receiver between a dish with a "dish pro plus lnb" and a "dish pro quad lnb".

I'm still waiting for a replacement lnb which is supposedly going to be a quad.
But someone now has given me a dish they weren't using with a dish pro plus.

Can I set up one at home and one at a cabin, and just move the receiver back and forth. Or will it cause trouble going back and forth between a dp quad and dp plus?

thanks

Does anyone know If I can move my prepaid dp301 receiver between a dish with a "dish pro plus lnb" and a "dish pro quad lnb".

I'm still waiting for a replacement lnb which is supposedly going to be a quad.
But someone now has given me a dish they weren't using with a dish pro plus.

Can I set up one at home and one at a cabin, and just move the receiver back and forth. Or will it cause trouble going back and forth between a dp quad and dp plus?

thanks

it will work run switch test each time

so an update, i havent being able to get my boxes fix yet. right now i have 3 receivers all activated after feb1st and none of therm work, but for sure they eating away my time on the cards...i just wish dish execs will read this forums to help peeps out..i will just have to call that exec lady to see what she can do...

well i'm still battling back and forth with tech dept, seems like lots of those people that work there, dont have a clue what they are doing. last girl i talked to, tells me i have an issue with my lnb or the cable, thats why im not receiving any signal...well bad news for her, i seem to know a lot more than she does, i have signal 200% verified, since i have anotehr box to test and signal works just fine.

with someone that has the dishnow box working at this point and activated after or b4 feb 1st, when u press system info screen and go to page 3, where it says DNASP: what number you have there? buddy tells me i need to have S01 Dsh609, but all 3 of my boxes show S01 Dsh602, so one gguy was tryint o update the system to 609 but no luck yet, problem everytime i phone back, i get a worse rep that has no clue...

yellow card boxes need 609,

try this, it is old advice but might work

If you are activating a dish receiver that has been in storage for a while, there may be issues with activation. We all know that you need to make sure the receiver gets the latest software, but did you know the smart card needs to be updated as well? Yesterday I tried to re-activate a 3900 that had been unused for over a year.

Symptoms: The receiver takes the “hit” from the satellite (subscription channels are in grey)but the on screen message for all channels is “your smart card is not authorized”

This solution comes from advanced dish tech support. The smart card software revision can be found on the sys info screen below the smartcard id number.

Solution: Turn receiver off for 30 minutes, do not unplug, after 30 minutes have passed, pull smart card. Turn receiver back on then insert card.

Unlike receiver firmware which will take the latest software immediately the smart card can only go up one revision at a time. Therefore multiple applications of this procedure may be needed before programming will be restored. You can check revision each time on the sys info screen to see if anything is changing

If the procedure does not work the smart card will need to be replaced with a current revision smartcard directly from dish network.

This procedure should be performed with only 119 installed in check switch.

While the smartcard can indicate it has received the hit for your subscribed programming, because it missed latest smartcard revision while it was offline it cannot decode the programming.

Last edited:
that makes sense to me, this boxes have being in storage for over 6 months or so now, and yes they seem to fail to update to 609 which 2 tech guys try to do for me, i will try the process you telling me now and let you know how it goes...perhaps prepaid systems dont update to 609 like a regular sub card that will update to latest revision....

Thoughts?
Now, I don't know if I am still waiting for a Purple Card or Not!. 22 Jan-- I called in for a replacement card. (used Dish Prepaid Phone number) I was told by a real nice CSR it would be here in 3-5 business days along with a $40 Pin Card for my troubles. (saw the same reply in other emails) After non arrival I followed up on 2 Feb and was told initial date she gave me was wrong , really takes 7-10 business days for it to arrive. No problem with that. Followed up today and was told Yellow cards do not need to be replaced for Prepaid and was told they don't know why the previous two folks told me this or what they did with my shipping information I gave them. I elevated it to a supervisor was told the same thing. Wish somebody had a bottom line for all this. My receiver is now in a RV and can not verify it works or not. But not sure I would buy another card anyways to test.
Any real policy for all this?

All dish networks receivers that have yellow cards whether prepaid or month to month subs need to be replaced with purple cards in order to continue to decode programming. Just because your receiver is prepaid it still has to function with the dish network system.

Someone posted info from a retailer chat that international already require the new card, and as of 3/11 movie channels will require the new card, after that everthing else like core will require a new card by 4/4.

Did you ask to talk to smart card exchange agent? Did you get anyones name when you originally called and they took your info down? Are you currently subbed to any programming? If not that could be the reason they aren't going to give you a card anymore. Did you get a pop up on any channels with a smartcard expiration date (not the same as pin date)?

Whoever told you that you wont need a new card is a moron who believes they are doing right by dish and their customers. If they transfered you to a super it was probably just a buddy in the next cubicle you talked to after a 20 minute hold.

Thanks for the response. No I am not currently subscribed and probably won't get it all together again ( RV is out of town) until next month so I have time. I did not see a pop up date earlier this year and Dish never asked me that so I never referenced it.
I didn't get the first name I talked to or the second, those two seemed very helpful so didn't push them. Even If I had names don't think the "Supervisor" would have gave me anything different, he was adament that the program DID NOT APPLY to prepaid! and the past CSR's were flat out wrong in telling me anything else. Could not respond to what happened then to the information I provided them to ship the card. He also said he had no database to track our past calls (since we aren't subscribers and all they know is the Receiver No) which seems very strange to me for a big business not to track issues with a lucrative part of their business.

yellow card boxes need 609,

try this, it is old advice but might work

If you are activating a dish receiver that has been in storage for a while, there may be issues with activation. We all know that you need to make sure the receiver gets the latest software, but did you know the smart card needs to be updated as well? Yesterday I tried to re-activate a 3900 that had been unused for over a year.

Symptoms: The receiver takes the “hit” from the satellite (subscription channels are in grey)but the on screen message for all channels is “your smart card is not authorized”

This solution comes from advanced dish tech support. The smart card software revision can be found on the sys info screen below the smartcard id number.

Solution: Turn receiver off for 30 minutes, do not unplug, after 30 minutes have passed, pull smart card. Turn receiver back on then insert card.

Unlike receiver firmware which will take the latest software immediately the smart card can only go up one revision at a time. Therefore multiple applications of this procedure may be needed before programming will be restored. You can check revision each time on the sys info screen to see if anything is changing

If the procedure does not work the smart card will need to be replaced with a current revision smartcard directly from dish network.

This procedure should be performed with only 119 installed in check switch.

While the smartcard can indicate it has received the hit for your subscribed programming, because it missed latest smartcard revision while it was offline it cannot decode the programming.

I try this steps but it did not update...R10fret, did ur receiver card update itself to 609 after following this procedure? if so, did u have a tech resend a signal hit to the receiver to get the card to update? see my receivers were sittin in storage for a while, so they all stuck at 602, thats why i cant get them to work..i wonder if they will send a new yellow card for them update to 609 since they try a couple of times to send an update to the card without any luck...

BTW. all those reps at dishnet are morons, maybe r10fret and I can apply and take the freakin tech calls ourselves and get paid...:D
I know all it takes is a freaking hit to the card to update. i know how that works, b4 i subbed and my card was a rev103 and it took baby steps all the way up to 10B until it acquire image, easy science, but for some freaking reason, this boxes are not updating, seems like card rev is turned off in the stream to prevent any more activations of the old 102/103 cards by dish...but since there is no actual prepaid dpt, we are doomed with old receivers with old cards....
thats my 2 cents and logial explanation...

My yellow smartcard was on 609 before it was retired and replaced with the purple card in January after I got the pop up smartcard expiration message on the international channels.

My old yellow card was never offline since it was first activated in 2007 so it would have updated along the way whenever it was directed.

602 may be so far back that it wont turn over any more to 603 or whatever the next rev is.

Did you ever call the long distant number I told you about and explain all this to get a new card sent via fedex?

If you green dot a few dollars/days of international on your box, then you would have good reason to get a new card. ;)

The info I gave you on how a smart card is updated was a re-post from old advice someone else posted a while ago on another site.

Dish only ships purple cards now as replacements, the current yellow cards wont be able to work after March/April.

Last edited:
So if a Dish prepaid customer signed up for international service now we probably would not get it because we still have the yellow card? Or it would accept the purchase but service may not come in? But, then you would call Dish and get the automatic no again a card is not required?
Also another question, if you can get a replacement purple card from another source, (dealer) can you activate it using the automated menu or do you have to call dish to change numbers
Sorry about all the questions

Correct, as has been reported the prepaid phone line will accept your purchase and redeem your pin or green dot days and unless you already have a purple card you would get either nothing on some internationals channels or potentially just a message# but you would get no programming you paid for that you could actually watch with a yellow card. eventually oneday soon this will happen with all prepaid programming (including core)on yellow card receivers, which is why the cards must be replaced.

You cant just get a purple card from another source, the card must come directly from dish network and have a pre arranged marriage in the dish authorization database. Once you receive it I assume you could do the activation yourself since it is the exact same interface the prepaid dingbats would attempt to use to move your prepaid days to the new smartcard in the database.

Interesting comment about not be able to use a Purple card from another source. I heard from the dealer that I could use another purple card. I assume since they (dealer) would provide it , its free and clear. That upon call-in when you give the Rec/S numbers it will marry at that time according to them. Guess the proof will be getting one and actually testing it.

well i contacted my dealer regarding this issues, and he is gonna see if he can gt new purple cards for all my boxes...dish wont do jack unless u buy your kit from radio shack...

A dealer would have to get new cards directly from dish that are tied to your receivers. Whether that is possible is up to both dish and your dealer to work out. Dish doesn't do jack for radioshack customers either as you might have read someone in the error 129 thread got their box from rat shack and ran into the same problems getting it turned on after Feb 1st. How would the prepaid donkey clowns know where you bought your box unless you tell them since they cant pull any info besides R, S, and package days remaining from the same prepaid interface you use.

Error 005

Has any got past this ?

Tried as per R10Fret info above - NO luck.

Called " tech support " five times over the last two days - NO help.

SW = P396 - DP301 dish now !
dnasp = S01 606

Any how did you get to speak to some one to help you ?

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)