Dish Network Prepaid Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dish will supply purple smart cards to all authorized receivers that need them.

They come to the user directly from Dish, no dealer is involved in smart card exchanges.

DNSAP should be 241 DshH02.

Contact Dish Network for correct smart cards.

Dish will supply purple smart cards to all authorized receivers that need them.

They come to the user directly from Dish, no dealer is involved in smart card exchanges.

DNSAP should be 241 DshH02.

Contact Dish Network for correct smart cards.

I tried! , they told me last month it was coming, last week they told me Prepaid Sub did not need a new purple card. This word came after I did a few followups looking for the card and asked for a supervisor. He was adament and testy that I would question him about it.
If you can hook me up with the right guy please let me know.

Cards will come from Dish direct

OK

This is what their tech advised me as via e-mail :

Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for your email. First, we would like to apologize on behalf of the DISH Network for the way that your issue was handled by our representatives.
We take our customer service seriously and strive to be the best in our industry. Our customers are very important to us and we sincerely apologize for the service you have received. Please understand that as a growing company, we are continuously training all of our employees and constantly evaluating our customer service. Although there is a tremendous amount of information with which our representatives are expected to learn and retain, there is no excuse for being inconsistent or insufficient to those that have made us what we are today—our customers!
We appreciate that you have brought this to our attention and will address the issue with the appropriate personnel. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your feedback.
Unfortunately, since there is no account tied to this box you will need to go through a local retailer to request a card replacement. We apologize that we could not be of further assistance in this matter.

Thank you,
Michelle S.
DISH Network Technical E-care

Has any got past this ?

Tried as per R10Fret info above - NO luck.

Called " tech support " five times over the last two days - NO help.

SW = P396 - DP301 dish now !
dnasp = S01 606

Any how did you get to speak to some one to help you ?

Thanks

the dnasp needs to update to 609...problem is, dish is not even updating older rev cards anylonger, so it seems we all out of luck, at least us that still have boxes with old rev...i have 3 that are running out if time since im still waitin for some new cards from dish, i gave my dealer receiver and card number as well as serial numbers for my boxes , im just waitin to see if he goin to be able toget new cards for me...who knows
saga continues....

Error 5 update

Update

NO

Dish will NOT provide any any assistance.

However ....

Dish made a change to the cards today - 02/24/09 - ( most likey updated keys ) .

I left my box on today on a channel shown in white 205 foxnws , and when I came home the error 005 is gone . I can view all channels in white - shopping etc.

Please see as :

revision on the card was NOT updated- Reads as S01 606

I will try over the weekend to add more monies, and see it this worked.

Update

NO

Dish will NOT provide any any assistance.

However ....

Dish made a change to the cards today - 02/24/09 - ( most likey updated keys ) .

I left my box on today on a channel shown in white 205 foxnws , and when I came home the error 005 is gone . I can view all channels in white - shopping etc.

Please see as :

revision on the card was NOT updated- Reads as S01 606

I will try over the weekend to add more monies, and see it this worked.

Ahhhh i'm getting that message too now today. I haven't tried to watch tv the last couple days.

It does it on ALL the channels, I just added programming thinking maybe that had something to do with it, but no i can't view anything :( In the guide the usual "Free" channels like shopping and DisneyXD/G4 is on free preview now. They are in white but it still displays the Smartcard Authorization 005 screen, does this mean I need to upgrade to a G3 card?

The last time I added programming was on the weekend, I was able to watch TV on Sunday. Oh well lucky I only added 1 day today. The reciever was plugged in and off (standby) the last few days so I assume it should have taken the key update if one was sent out.

Edit: OH haha nevermind, I followed the "Please wait or channel up or down". I left it at that screen (005 No Autorization - kept flashing on/off) and it magically came back to life after 2 min :D. I'm recieving the free previews and the programming i added 20 min before.

Also, as a word of caution to anyone out there:

If you are buying a NEW Dish NOW! setup, I would recommend to everyone out there to NEVER purchase the $40 prepaid card found at Radio Shack, or elsewhere, until it can be proven that the system works. This is because with those $40 prepaid cards, you are FORCED to use the full amount on the programming you are ordering. So if it does not work, then you are out $40, with no recourse. Radio Shack will not refund it, but ALWAYS KEEP YOUR RECEIPT for a refund on the equipment.

A better way to see if it works is to buy a Green Dot Money PAK from WalMart, or wherever(they DO sell them in Radio Shack near me as well), load it with $20, which is the minimum allowed(plus around a $4.75 service charge. Charge varies, with WalMart being lowest at $4.64, that I have seen), and then order 1 day of something like Cinema:mad:Showtime/Cinemax/Starz have the lowest per day charge rate of $.43 cents), and then see if it works.

If it works, HOORAY!! Then order what you want at will. If it doesn't, and you have tried all avenues to get it resolved with no luck, return the equipment to Radio Shack(with receipt) for a FULL refund within 30 days.

Then call 1-800-GREENDOT for a refund on your GreenDot MoneyPak. Explain to them why you want the refund, and they will gladly do it. I have done before a few times with no problems at all. They were very helpful. They also refund you your service charge of $4.64 or more as well.

So in the end, if it does not work, you will be out .$43 cents, which is better than $140+, which you would be out with getting the full system, and the $40 prepaid card that does not work.

If it works, HOORAY!! Then order what you want at will.

To add to what has been said, load up funds on what you want if you already have a purple G3 smartcard installed, otherwise don't load up on anything beyond a day at a time especially if you are going around in circles with dish prepaid customer service trying to get upgraded to G3 smartcard and they are putting you off.

Everyone with yellow dish500 card will have to get a purple G3 card otherwise one day soon you will wake up and your prepaid sub box will be a doorstop because the old smartcards are being shut down in teirs. G3 already required for certain prepaid internationals, soon G3 will be mandatory for certain movies.

well im getting some new purple G3 cards shipped in by the dealer...dish said they could be used in any receiver..so we shall see once i get them...customer service is like russian roulette..the only thing i hate everytime i connect through dish now, csr always insist and gettin my number to pull up the account, even though i tell them im prepaid ..im like, do you speak any english? ir you need me to talk spanish?

ir you need me to talk spanish?

It may help ..

It appears as the prepaid " team " is a over flow the Spanish speaking division , many a call I got transfered to a rep you answered the call in Spanish.

The problem lies in : As for prepaid Dish does NOT assign / create a account.

Each trouble called logged / er called in there in NO record at ALL , and you need as to start with square one with the next rep / tech.

12 - twelve calls - 3 - three emails , and over 8 - eight hours on the phone ....

Coming home to see a Federal Express envelope under my mat - inside a NEW purple smart card and a $ 40.00 pin code

PRICELESS .....

Good Luck

Congrats,

Did you finally have to call somebody long distance to get the card sent?

Now comes the next part getting it activated correctly for prepaid.

Please let us know when you get up and running how it went.

Last edited:
Just so I could complete the complete - Dish " customer service experience "

I activated the G3 card tonight.

Instructions ( not a standard smart card update letter ) told me to call 1.888.347.4132 to speak with a card exchange agent ( press 0 ) - NO such option.

This being the Dish Now line, I decided to call the smart card exchange line direct - as no account or phone number registered would NOT field my call, but sent me back to Now for help. An attemp at calling main customer service line yielded the same results..

Call to Dish Now " Support " line :

Call answered ( in Spanish ) by Laura

Had no idea, but would transfer me to some who did.

Call answered ( in Spanish ) by Ricardo - read him the R and S numbers and advised screen says call to activate. States card is already activated ?? After review error code several times, states maybe we need to send a activation signal to you box. Few moments seen congrats message. Hard reboot system and many minutes latter see several preview / info channels in white, that I can view ( no error 005 ).

Will add time over this weekend and report back.

Added notes :

With Dish losing 1% of customer / subscriber base in the last quarter - how can they let / allow this level / type of " customer service " ?

Option 0 does exist but only during the time when you can select options 1-4, it sends you right to a dishlatino agent.

Just out of curiosity, did your prepaid dishnow smartcard upgrade instructions sheet have the old card S number, the R number on it but not the new S number printed on it. This is how it was for me 2 months ago, seems like I would need the new S number printed there to work with but that would make to much sense here.

Are you now showing the word "dishnow" after model# on the system info screen?
Is your DNASP H02?

Would be interested to know if anyone who currently is using yellow with remaining days ever trys to use the "have there been any changes to your system" automated interface on the prepaid phone number to activate their new card. There is that option on the automated number when you add programming it asks you if there has been any changes to your system, there are 3 options smartcard number, zipcode, and dish reception location like 110,119, 148, etc. Zipcode works very well and sets the time on your box.
Once you have a card in hand it might be easier to activate/swap card if the automated system works better than the live agent support.

Can any Dish 301 or 311 or 3900 w/G3 be activated?

Haven't been able to pick this up from the forum, but can any of the above receivers be activated if they have the G3 card using the GDMP? Or must they specifically come from an authorized seller. ;);) Thanks.

No it has to be a dishnow prepaid box, no other current models are sold besides the 301.

Thanks...

Kind of figured that. The one person on this thread mentioned they bought a receiver off ebay, but I assume that was a dealer who sells the prepaid boxes. And also Sadoun has a pretty nice package too. Also assume that a prepaid box stays as a prepaid box and can't be converted to a sub? :eureka

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts