Dish Network Prepaid Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm having the exact problem, it started with me on Fri the 19th when I tried to add movie channels to my existing AT100 which expired on Sunday, since then I tried calling 10 times and talked to csr. But I get the same answer as you do; I live in NJ and wondering if there is something wrong with the east coast service!! please let me know if you figure out a solution,

Could be your box needs the new G3 smartcard and the authorization system on the back end knows this so it wont add programming anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_6694.JPG
    IMG_6694.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 140
BTW, just to clarify, the new G3 smartcard is now included with every Prepaid DishNow receiver we sell

Hello Sadoun,

As a dealer what can you find out about those of use who bought our prepaid receivers 2 years ago and have the older card, what is dish network's plan since there is no contact info on file for doing a prepaid smartcard swap.

Thanks

o.k. you guys are talking way,way over my head. will i have to buy a new reciever after jan.'09' , i have a DP301 with the purple card.

If by purple you mean the new G3 card, which is purple, then my "guess" would be no.

You should be just fine.

My DP301 has the SmartCard with Red lettering on the Yellow background. It has Dish 500 printed on it, in red and black, and the borders(just the borders on top) are in purple and blue, I think.

It is close to 2 years old. I think I got my Dish NOW! system from Radio Shack either in April or May(maybe later) of 2007, but not 100% sure when.

I too am curious as too how they will ship out those smartcards to Dish Now! customers.

I read somewhere that you need to try to add a Dish NOW $40 card, and then you will get a message on screen stating to call the number on there to be sent the new G3 card(they need your name and address obviously). But it makes no mention of being able to just use a GreenDot MoneyPak in order to do this.

I don't feel like "trying" to do it with a $40 Dish NOW Card if it does not work. Then i am out another $40 bucks. If they would just let me try to order programming with the GDM.

And the CSR's are TOTALLY USELESS. Even if I brought up the thing about sending me out a new G3 card, my guess is that they, and the supervisors, would have no idea what the hell I am referring too. And then they would give me the standard response, "The system is down".

I added my latest $40 dishnow prepaid card on dec 1st, at that time I had no problem using the automated system to add the card to extend my international programming through jan 10th, at that time I got no onscreen message about what to do to request a new card, I wish I had since I have been contacting dish exec resolution dept about this since september, as everybody knows prepaid CS is a joke.

Product Manager for DISH Network Pre-Paid

Maybe we should figure out who the product manager is over DISH Network Pre-Paid to get some answers to various questions, such as the expiring smart card situation.

Hello Sadoun,

As a dealer what can you find out about those of use who bought our prepaid receivers 2 years ago and have the older card, what is dish network's plan since there is no contact info on file for doing a prepaid smartcard swap.

Thanks

NO problem. I will check with our contact at the company and get back to you soon.

I have two DishNow receivers. One, I'll call "US", is for domestic programming and the other, I'll call "BR", is for international programming.

Both receivers were purchased this year and have Orange & Yellow smart cards.
Both receivers are connected to a DPP Twin 119, 110 and 61.5. (Nonstandard configuration for DishNow.)

Today (12/30):
I purchased a new GreenDot MoneyPak. (Old one was empty)
I was able to add a day to the BR receiver. It had a number of days remaining but I wanted to see if it worked first.
I was able to add AT200 to the US receiver. It had run out of days over a week ago.

Additionally:
I did have problems adding days the last time (mid-December) I tried to add to the US receiver. The system had a problem and transferred me to a CSR. I made the mistake of giving my GreenDot MoneyPak to the CSR. They had problems while I was on the line but after we gave up my MoneyPak balance went to zero and it appeared to have been added, in full, to the receiver. Fortunately it was only a couple days but I won't make that mistake again.
Typically I only add US programming when I'll watch something, the occasional weekday and weekend. I don't dare let the BR system run out of days... at least until "A Favorita" ends.

NO problem. I will check with our contact at the company and get back to you soon.

Refer them back to their retailer of record. The retailer will need to ask for new cards, and that'll be verified to ensure they in fact sold them before the cards are provided. *nod*

Maybe we should figure out who the product manager is over DISH Network Pre-Paid to get some answers to various questions, such as the expiring smart card situation.

No single product has a single manager assigned to it, but at any rate you wouldn't be given a name for that, just a department. Specifically you'd be referred back to the DISH Now agents. Which is sad, because as of this moment, they know less about what's going on than you do.

I have two DishNow receivers. One, I'll call "US", is for domestic programming and the other, I'll call "BR", is for international programming.

Both receivers were purchased this year and have Orange & Yellow smart cards.
Both receivers are connected to a DPP Twin 119, 110 and 61.5. (Nonstandard configuration for DishNow.)

Today (12/30):
I purchased a new GreenDot MoneyPak. (Old one was empty)
I was able to add a day to the BR receiver. It had a number of days remaining but I wanted to see if it worked first.
I was able to add AT200 to the US receiver. It had run out of days over a week ago.

Additionally:
I did have problems adding days the last time (mid-December) I tried to add to the US receiver. The system had a problem and transferred me to a CSR. I made the mistake of giving my GreenDot MoneyPak to the CSR. They had problems while I was on the line but after we gave up my MoneyPak balance went to zero and it appeared to have been added, in full, to the receiver. Fortunately it was only a couple days but I won't make that mistake again.
Typically I only add US programming when I'll watch something, the occasional weekday and weekend. I don't dare let the BR system run out of days... at least until "A Favorita" ends.

I am using my prepaid receiver for the same channels and programming. I bought a green dot money pak yesterday for the first time instead of a dishnow $40 pin from radioshack. I was returning something at kmart so I got my greendot moneypak at the service desk for $20 + the 4.95 fee. I decided to test it right away to add 1 day to my tv globo to extend it to 1/11/09 and it worked without problems.

As another experiment I also purchased 2 days of AT200 on the same receiver. In order to do this I had to go through a bunch of check switch prompts to verify I could really see all the satellites with my receiver, I can since I have a legacy SW21 cascaded to a SW21x for simultaneous 3 satellite reception of 119, 110, and 61.5 or 148.

I then called a third time to add another day to my Globo int. to extend it to 1/12. This time I had to go through the automated check switch sequence again on the phone to verify I could still really see 61.5 or 148 even though I already have programming in the system from that location. Dish sure doesn't make it easy to have international and base packages on the same receiver!

Interesting enough, each time I did the greendot add after the programming dates were updated at the end of each call and check switch sequenceI got the please hold message. I was then transferred to a spanish speaking customer service agent who had no idea why I was being transferred to them, all my programming adds were already successful, so I decided to ask if perhaps I was being transferred to them to sign up for the smartcard swap, they had no idea what I was talking about so I just hung up the second and third time when I was transferred.

Since I am in FL I have primarily received tv globo int. from 61.5 but it is now badly ovcercompressed and appears to be somekind dishnetwork 2nd generation time delayed turnaround of channel 814 @ 118. It is like dish has a dishnetwork box tuned to 814 and tv globo goes through 2 rounds of compression in order to be uplinked to 596 @ 61.5. All these problems started 5 months ago when they changed something on the transponder that has 596 @ 61.5 to a different uplink center. At times 596 @ 61.5 displays messages at there end if their satellite receiver is having signal problems with channel 814 and sometimes there has even been switching accidents at there end. It was like someone was using a remote control at the headend and changed the channel to Russian tv, tv japan and ktla, if it wasn't so annoying it would be pretty funny, Luckily I have found a phone number for the main WY TOC to report problems like this immediately.

If the weather is good I try to avoid 596 @ 61.5 altogether and go with channel 596 @ 148 which is a 1st gen uplink and does not look overcompressed. The only problem is it has a 50% signal strength from Florida using an old 24" voom dish. The video quality on channel 596 @ 148 is excellent but 148 is at an elevation in the sky of 12 degrees so it is very susceptible to rain fade when there is a storm 50 miles out over the gulf of mexico. The worst part of this setup is each time I need to switch between 148 reception and 61.5 reception the 3900 receiver has to require all the channels tables because it wont store 2 channel# 596 simultaneously, one ch 596 from 148 and the other ch 596 from 61.5, this could be easily solved if dish gave 596 a second alias number like 5960 or something for the 148 location then both could peacefully co exist on the receiver. Unfortunetly channel 814 which is tv globo @ 118 is not authorized/ turned on for prepaid receivers even though it should be if you have the right dishes and switches.

I fired off an email about the discussion of the new g3 cards and how I might get info/or aquire one, to the retailer I bought my set up from and recieved a short response of "no problem".... what the heck does that mean? I fully expect my inqury to be shelved. Please post if anyone finds a way to get one.

added more days with 'dishnow card', today,no problems with auto. system.

OCGW; i would e-mail again and ask for details.

I can't beleive it, I still can't add more days, it's been 3 weeks now, I even called yesterday and spoke to a supervisour who said that the system is down and they are working on it.

I tried every hour of the day but still after entering my PIN (GDMK) & receiver no. it transfers me to customer support.

I checked my card and I do have the purple G3 smart card, I bought the system a month ago and it worked for 3 days and then I could not add any programming.

I wounder If someone else can call with my receiver no. and a different PIN and see if they'll be able to add programming (without actually doing so) just to see if they go by to ordering programms.

My receiver works and I get the TV guide and some of the free channels.
any thoughts? thanks.

have you tried to get more days by using a dish now card from radioshack??

it seem that the problem i have read were about the green dot money pack, just a though.

good luck to you.

Todays uplink report shows that ARYDI and GEOTV are channels that are moving off 61.5 but they are available on the prepaid dishnow platform from 61.5, prepaid dishow receivers don't work with 118 because they refuse to autorize them to get any international channels at that location even if you already have the 1000+ dish for 118, This should be interesting! Perhaps I should add a few days of the pakistanis channels package to my prepaid to see if that gets me the free dish 1000+ that I want. That wont help with tv globo since they still refuse to turn on channel 814 @118 even if you already get 596 @ 61.5 or 148.

WARNING do not any more funds to your international subscription at 61.5 if you sub to channels 620 and 621. After you pay your funds you will get a slate on channels 620 and 621 telling you that the channels have moved to 118 and that you need to call 1 888 255 5044 for a free dish upgrade. When I called that number I was not eligible for the upgrade because prepaid dishnow subs have no account numbers and their R# is invisible in the system. This is fraud! Dish network prepaid is still actively collected funds as of today when I added 2 days for these two channels and now all you get the slate. I have called exec dept again and they did nothing again, I demanded a name and phone number of the person in charge of prepaid dishnow they claim to have no such info, I told they I am contacting attorney general of CO to report them for fraud, This will be the same way they handle the smartcard swap for prepaid boxes, collect everones funds and then shut the channels down and keep their money, prepaid customer service is a complete laugh too, after waiting on hold there I was disconnected, BEWARE. The prepaid system is dying a slow death and dish is laughing all the way to the bank!

so to continue the saga, today I began receiving an error 359 message on my prepaid box telling me to replace the smart card by jan 21 and to call 1-888-230-7836, after a bunch of bull asking for account number even though I dont have one being prepaid I gave up there, I then called prepaid support again and after several trys finally got a human on the phone who actually spoke english, that was a first! After about a half hour they agreed to take my address info and send a new smartcard and supposedly a $40 pin for my troubles, we shall see, will keep you updated if that really happens. Also discussed the fact that international is leaving 61.5 and what they are going to do regarding a new dish for free they had no plan. Plus mentioned that even once you already have a dish for 118.7 when are they going to authorize the channels on 118 for prepaid boxes got nowhere regarding that either. Then we got into another problem regarding prepaid model 3900 receiver incompatibility with 118. I can get ch 580 from 118 so I don't really think it is a problem even though they do. I told them hey dish created all these crazy problems let them work it out. I have had to go with 148 for now even though signal levels stink there from FL. The sky is falling quickly for prepaid!

strange thing, when i activated my dishnow card, i upgraded to the 'top 200' from the 'top 100' and i know i lost one of the channel #193, i think was a science channel, but i watched it sometime. i don't know if i lost any other. it says in the flier that the 'top 200' added to what you had. why would i loose one or more channels.

but who are you going to call and complain too? no CS will know anything. unless you tie yourself in to a contract, then they can answer all your questions.

its a shame that some companys put things on the market without any support. i really hate the idea that a american company would do that. i'm sure there is a bunch of fed. laws that they breaking.

pre-paid is a very good ideal for retired, fixed income people and low income people who can pay when they can afford to and not be label a 'dead beat' if they miss a month or two.

i've had pre-paid t-mobile for about ten years now and it has worked out fine for me and this dishnow will work out fine too, but they need the right hand to know what the left hand is doing. they don't know that they have a good thing going with 'dishnow' if they would just manage it right and stop treating it as a second class citizen.

strange thing, when i activated my dishnow card, i upgraded to the 'top 200' from the 'top 100' and i know i lost one of the channel #193, i think was a science channel, but i watched it sometime. i don't know if i lost any other. it says in the flier that the 'top 200' added to what you had. why would i loose one or more channels.

Science Channel, Bio and Fine Living all left free/pre-view mode on Wednesday January 7. Now National Geographic Channel is in free/pre-view.

Prepay Dish is also great for RVers. I have been sporadically using the DP301 since June 07.

I am leaving on a RVing trip next week for the next 6 to 8 weeks to several locations in southern Florida than up to Georgia and back to Massachusetts. I have been following this thread since it's inception and was hoping that there would be a solution to the new card before I left. The campground that I am staying in for the month of February in Naples does not have cable. Since the RV is in inside storage, I will not be able to check the existing card before I leave.

Does anyone sell the new G3 card? Does Radio Shack sell them? Is the only solution at this time is to purchase a new box with the new card.

Thank you for any help.
Paul

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)