Dish Network Prepaid Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a question if anyone can help me out, I apologize if this question has been answered on here before, I have an old 3900 receiver will I be able to order a g3 card from dish network pop it in activate it and watch prepaid dish. Thanks:confused:

I have a question if anyone can help me out, I apologize if this question has been answered on here before, I have an old 3900 receiver will I be able to order a g3 card from dish network pop it in activate it and watch prepaid dish. Thanks:confused:

Actually, a little more info is needed.

Is/was this 3900 a prepaid receiver already, or is this an old receiver that you just have laying around, not being used.

If it was just laying around, then the answer is no. You cannot just turn an old receiver into into a prepaid dish receiver. It must be a refurbished receiver, done by Dish, and then resold as a prepaid receiver.

If it was a prepaid receiver already, I guess you can. The 3900 is old, and I think Dish is really trying to get people to have the DP301 refurbished/prepaid receiver in the least.

Anyone have a prepaid 3900 receiver that has received a new G3 smartcard, and got it to load up and ready to go?

Doubtful with all the problems associated with the changeover at this point. My own experiences included in that.

I have the 3900 and G3. There is no difference in the 3900 and the 301 other then you need to use a dish pro adapter with the 3900 unless you have legacy lnbs and switches.

Both the 301 and the 3900 are in the same boat since they can only handle QPSK and MPEG2.
Thus they only work with SD western arc. Bigger problems down the road to think about for prepaid since they arent even selling a new prepaid model right now that can handle 8PSK modulation or MPEG4 SD Compression used on eastern arc.

As we have seen with the smart card exchange fiasco for prepaid, dish is not a very proactive company!

freaking dish prepaid sucks! now they added a new option for smart card exchange, well i try ti activate a brand new receiver, i removed old yellow card, and inserted new card sent by my dealer..now i go in the automated system, type in my receiver number and then get connected to dish..now after freakin 10 minutes, i get someone in the regular account dpt, so now he transfers me to prepaid system, a lil more waitin, now i got some freakin girl that dont have a clue what to do, except follow a freakin script, askin about my address , phone number, etc, im here explainin to her that new card was already sent by my dealer and i just need to activate it, so she takes my card number, asks me to insert old yellow card again..here im explain to her that old yellow cards are no longer being activated, only new purple cards, but she dont get it, she thinks she knows more than me, she asks for the prepaid number and she gonna set it up for me, now im here thinkin this girl dont know jack, but stupid i give her my prepaid numberm now after a while she gonna transfer me to a diff dpt that is gonna take care of addin the new days to my new card, meanwhile she tells me to leave system ON, until when? dont matter just leave it on, it could take God knows how long, and i know it aint gonna freakin work, just got me pissed off that all these shoemakers are not properly prepared to handle the transfer on prepaid customers.

Last edited:
well i think dish totally colapsed in the way their are handling their prepaid..so sad.
now, when i try to add more days to my system, since my time is expired and i havent received new card for that receiver, as soon as i type receiver number , it ttransfers me automatically to regular dish account...back to square one, they transfer me to prepaid dpt which cannot solve the problem, so now i got 1 box that i cant even add more days until i get a new card next week, since they havent sent yet, and those cards just come lose, so they are not even married to any receviers..i think dish will probably self-destruct itself, not totally ready for excahnge yet..i know a friend that lost his greek programming on the 18th of march, and no way to get it back since is nagra3, he finally received the card yesterday...

I think there might be a workaround via the tech support option, after you enter your R# there you might be able to order programming. Worth a try.

Dish Prepaid activation not working, is this normal

I have been trying to call and activate this prepaid receiver I bought, but for 7 days in a row now, after I call I enter the green dot moneypak # and my receiver # and then it transfers me to customer service and they say, the phone activation system is down, call back later.

It's been 7 days and every day they keep telling me this.

Is it normal that it goes down like this, or do you think this is just a one time problem.

This is not fair, very bad service. Maybe they don't care about their prepaid customers and hope you will give up and subscribe to their other service.

I don't know what to do

I bought my prepaid system 3 weeks ago and have had nothing but problems with it. The first GDMP card I bought got wiped out by a csr Because I was told by them that you had to activate either 30 or 40 dollars of service at a time no matter what form of funds you were using.(wrong info). I made the mistake of thinking it would be a good idea when I first activated my reciever to press 0 and go through a service rep. (very bad idea on my part). After trying for hours to get service activated the first time I hooked it up and was told by 1 rep that I had defective equipment and to exchange it for another system.( I think she was full of -_-_) For every twenty csr I talk to 19 have no idea what they are talking about and 1 does. The only way that I know anything at all is from reading the posts on this forum. (thanks to everyone on here). I was able to get it activated for the first time 2 weekends ago and it worked great finally. Last weekend tried to activate a couple of more days and straight to csr after entering my reciever # and was told the system was down for three straight days of trying to add more programing.(bull) After reading some posts on this forum I let it transfer me to csr and told them I needed to order a new g3 smart card. csr seemed very knowledgeable and set me up to recieve a new card. Right after I got off the phone with her I called back to see if I could get past entering my reciever # and it worked great. Now instead of being transfered I was asked by the automated voice if it had been longer then 10 days since I ordered my new smart card ( said no ) and It continued through the process of adding the programing. Thanks again to everyone on here.

Last edited:
BBB

I complained to the BBB dot org Dish Network needs to straighten up, I really think everyone here needs to complain, it's simple, just fill out the online form.

Maybe if they get enough complaints they will fix things so we don't have to go through this trouble.

I call dish again and still got sent to customer service, they said, you can only activate through the automated system, so she transferred me to it, and it was all in spanish.

I spoke to her in english, and she transfers me to the spanish version.

Hey Direct TV Executives

Hey Direct TV, can you come out with prepaid service, you will for sure get all the business, Dish Network doesn't know what they are doing and I don't think they even care about their prepaid service.

I'm sorry I switched from regular dish network to prepaid. I never had a problem with the regular service, always good service, but I just want to order the movie channels, I don't want all those other channels, there isn't enough on to make it worth $35 a month.

Direct TV!!!! Can you save us?

Hey Direct TV, can you come out with prepaid service, you will for sure get all the business, Dish Network doesn't know what they are doing and I don't think they even care about their prepaid service.

Believe it or not, they actually do have one. But it is only available in Puerto Rico,and other Latin American countries. And it revolves around Spanish programming, and some English programming. But mainly Spanish programming.

I hope the same exact thing you do, but I doubt they ever will have one. I would hope that they would make a prepaid system that allowed you to prepay, in total, for things like NFL Sunday Ticket, and MLB Extra Innings.

But I would like to see them release one as well, but I really doubt it.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, they actually do have one. But it is only available in Puerto Rico,and other Latin American countries. And it revolves around Spanish programming, and some English programming. But mainly Spanish programming.

I hope the same exact thing you do, but I doubt they ever will have one. I would hope that they would make a prepaid system that allowed you to prepay, in total, for things like NFL Sunday Ticket, and MLB Extra Innings.

But I would like to see them release one as well, but I really doubt it.

hey steelerrule, do u know where i can pick up one of those prepaid systems? shoot im just interested in their spanish programmin, we lost goltv, which is the channel i want, can u give me some info where i can read about those prepaid boxes?

hey steelerrule, do u know where i can pick up one of those prepaid systems? shoot im just interested in their spanish programmin, we lost goltv, which is the channel i want, can u give me some info where i can read about those prepaid boxes?

Well, I can send you to the website where it is located, but there is no way for you to get it here in the USA.

The ability to reload the service is only available to people who live in Puerto Rico, and the other Latin American countries where it is available.

Actually a better way for you to find out info on it is to go to Google, and Google: Prepago DirecTV

You should get a few websites with info.

Green dot money pack

Is it possible that it's the green dot money pack that is causing a problem and if I were to buy a dish card, then maybe the system would activate it for me instead of sending me to customer service and having them tell me the system is down.

I'm going to send a message to direct tv and tell them the problem and see if they can bring that prepaid service to America.

Maybe I will just buy a ku receiver or c band and buy from that, but I think it's a little more expensive.

Got my g3 card (they sent it 2-day air), all I can say is after another hour of my life GONE and multiple CSR I was able to add days to my system again thru the automated system. I would at this point try a system from Direct TV if they were to offer it.

I did find if you called and spoke with a CSR in the evening, being able to speak spanish would be a plus. When I called in the mornings I got more of the english speaking folks. Makes me wish I had taken a little spanish back when I was in school.

All I can say is keep calling, eventually you will get a CSR that knows what to do, and will be helpful.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)