DISH Network Price Change

dang so the CSR today that my dad spoke to was right then :eek:

someone asked in the pub about the "free" channels and I posted this
I wonder if its Starz. Reason I say that is my dad got one of those "get Starz free for 3 months" thing in the mail since he is auto pay/paperless. He called today and the rep said Starz was "making big changes on 2/1" so they were going to give him Cinemax for a month free then switch him to Starz (????) and every Dish sub would get something in the mail regarding the "Starz Big Change"....now take stuff a CSR says with a grain of salt but thats what he was told today.

I wonder if I'll just get the 6 PPV coupons that I will never use because I am in the middle of the 3 month free Starz and Platinum offer and I also have Encore due to Top 250? :( My online account lists it as "Starz 3 months free" and "Platinum 3 months free" instead of it being subscribed to normally, so I wonder if that might help me keep it for a year? *wishing*

Not sure what to do?

I'd think they'd let you drop Starz and get it free, if you have a good record with them.

Good thought. I'll have to ask them. I've been with them for 9-10 years and a spotless autopay record with them. It better not be a problem.

Drop the HD Platinum. That's what I did I have AEP.

I'm a "whale" (AEP) sub too, and have been for nearly a decade, but I'd drop Starz to get it free for a year before I'd drop the Platinum package.

I'm in a similar situation except I'm in my 1st month of 3 free Starz months. I do not want to waste this promotion by getting stuck with PPV coupons instead of Starz or Platinum free for a year. (I get Encore already as part of HD250.)

Exactly, I don't want 6 PPV coupons that I wouldn't use because they're not for HD use...I'd end up not using them and thus get nothing. So, if I drop Starz around the 28th of the month, I wonder if I'd get it back (free for a year) on 2/1, or do you have to have not had it for 30-days or some garbage like that?

"Since 2005, Starz has begun airing an increasing amount of original programming to compete with rivals Showtime and HBO.

Starz has announced it will double its original programming in 2011."

From wikipedia.

Great, just what I need more original programming which usually sucks!

HD Usage ?

Where did you get the idea that they are NOT for HD usage? I have two sitting on my account and they are good for up to $6.99 each.
Gerry

Exactly, I don't want 6 PPV coupons that I wouldn't use because they're not for HD use...I'd end up not using them and thus get nothing. So, if I drop Starz around the 28th of the month, I wonder if I'd get it back (free for a year) on 2/1, or do you have to have not had it for 30-days or some garbage like that?[/QUOTE]

I wonder if I'll just get the 6 PPV coupons that I will never use because I am in the middle of the 3 month free Starz and Platinum offer and I also have Encore due to Top 250? :( My online account lists it as "Starz 3 months free" and "Platinum 3 months free" instead of it being subscribed to normally, so I wonder if that might help me keep it for a year? *wishing*

Not sure what to do?

I'm also in the middle of a 3 months free Starz & Platinum promo and wondering if I need to cancel Starz before Feb. 1st to avoid getting stuck with the encore package.:confused:

Good thought. I'll have to ask them. I've been with them for 9-10 years and a spotless autopay record with them. It better not be a problem.

I'm a "whale" (AEP) sub too, and have been for nearly a decade, but I'd drop Starz to get it free for a year before I'd drop the Platinum package.
Sorry I don't understand. If you drop Platinum, then Feb 1 they add it back for one year free. Value $120 for one year.

Drop Starz keep the other three movie packages, get Starz free for one year. Value $24 for one year.

To me AEP + Platinum subs would be treated about well as other subs would be.

long_time_DNC said:

Exactly, I don't want 6 PPV coupons that I wouldn't use because they're not for HD use...I'd end up not using them and thus get nothing. So, if I drop Starz around the 28th of the month, I wonder if I'd get it back (free for a year) on 2/1, or do you have to have not had it for 30-days or some garbage like that?

I've only used my coupons (15 of them) for hd only!

Obviously Dish customers that have everything including HD Platinum are getting screwed the most (me :(). HD Platinum free for a year = $120 where 6 PPV coupons is worth a paltry $41 and change at the max. I don't like playing games with dropping packages (HD Platinum in my case) and then hoping that Dish will add it back on 2/1. One should not have to play games- period. Either give AEP + HD Platinum customers the Platinum for free or provide 18 PPV certificates! My preference is the Platinum for free. Get your head out of your ... dish!
Gerry

and when someone opened a new thread about not being able to get Starz and got Cinemax free for a month he posted a link to MY post about what my dad went through that day (same thing).

good lord the world is coming to an end...either that or I should haul my butt to the gas station and play the lottery :D

the HDAbsoluters will be automatically placed into one of the americas top pack's with it's hd add on free and be given a small discount for certain amount of time so they deff looking at a bill increase

Obviously Dish customers that have everything including HD Platinum are getting screwed the most (me :(). HD Platinum free for a year = $120 where 6 PPV coupons is worth a paltry $41 and change at the max. I don't like playing games with dropping packages (HD Platinum in my case) and then hoping that Dish will add it back on 2/1. One should not have to play games- period. Either give AEP + HD Platinum customers the Platinum for free or provide 18 PPV certificates! My preference is the Platinum for free. Get your head out of your ... dish!
Gerry

No need to be upset about it, reread Scotts posts, you can just keep AEP and drop HD Platinum:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/239132-dish-network-price-change-7.html#post2433740

If you already have Starz and Encore...you will get the HD Platinum package free for 12 months

Question here. So if i downgraded my package, i currently have the 250 thinking of going to the 200 or dish latino max. Would i still get the starz channels next month?

I think with a $5 per month increase, they can easily afford to lock the prices in for two years! I demand the full slate of ESPN and Disney HD channels!!!

You damn right... they need to bring these channels back and that includes bringing us ESPNU in HD!!! $5/more a month for nothing new that I even watch is kinda pissing me off...but I'll accept that I'll be paying less for the next year since I won't have to pay for Starz during that time. After that year is gone I'll have to drop something and most likely it will be starz since I can stream everything on it through Netflix.

A few questions that have been asked but haven't been answered ,so I thought I would throw it out there again:

1- Will customers who are enjoying the 3 months free Starz still be elligible for 12 months free of Starz, or will they automatically get Encore pack?
2- Do Flex customers (who get no programming discounts and who also locked in for 24 months to get HD for Life) qualify for 12-months free of Starz?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts