DISH Network Price Change

Honestly, I've never taken the time to go to 102...wonder if I'm the only one?
No, you're not... That's not Dish's problem though. They make the information available. Go to Dish's Facebook page every time a free preview ends and see the people bitching and moaning because "we used to get HUB and you took it away!".

No, you're not... That's not Dish's problem though. They make the information available. Go to Dish's Facebook page every time a free preview ends and see the people bitching and moaning because "we used to get HUB and you took it away!".
Sounds like it'd be wise to toss up "Free Preview" on the Channel Banner, assuming they don't do so already.

They used to post a FREE Preview banner instead of the guide data, whick made the channel useless, since you never knew what was upcoming.

Ira Bahr said:
DISH Network continues to work harder than any other company in the industry to offer the best prices, and the most choices,

That's why I'm with DISH ... wait, did they just say prices were going up? :confused:

I just went there, and I'm going to have to visit more often. I laughed harder than I have in weeks. From their page:

"Did you know DISH Network uses solar energy to power its satellites? DISH Network and Greener Dawn have partnered to offer you information about the advantages of solar power for your home. To learn more about reducing your energy bills and to receive a special offer on a FREE solar evaluation visit Dish Green today."

I'm not exactly sure what the other option for powering the satellites is. Maybe a windmill? A gas engine? LOL!

Ha! That is pretty funny.
I'm not exactly sure what the other option for powering the satellites is. Maybe a windmill? A gas engine? LOL!
Other sources used include fuel cells (Shuttle) and RTGs on our deep space probes. Any others?

Ha! That is pretty funny. Other sources used include fuel cells (Shuttle) and RTGs on our deep space probes. Any others?

Neither of which are used on communications satellites. Somehow I doubt Dish or Direct is going to be powering their satellites with PU238. Solar power is really the only option used on these kind of sats.

I just got my January bill. The multi-sports package just went from a $49 annual cost last January (for 2010) to $69 for this coming year. That is a $20 increase or 40% in one year.

I just got my January bill. The multi-sports package just went from a $49 annual cost last January (for 2010) to $69 for this coming year. That is a $20 increase or 40% in one year.

But tell the whole story..... It's not the same package, didn't they add Red Zone. According to the CSR that package is not going up, it will remain at $7 monthly - what it has been. In addition didn't they add a couple of other channels, NHL etc..?

Simply not true. Redzone, if you really like their jumping around in games and watching none - I do not much care for it as I prefer to actually watch a game -, was available to me the previous Fall well before I switched from monthly to annual payment the following January.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/185466-more-info-nfl-redzone-dish.html (Also note the monthly charge then was $5.99 not $7)
I think the one NHL channel was there as well as one NBA channel, but do not watch hockey so could care less. In any event, anything they added since last January was minor and certainly not worth a 40% increase. Also, they should have notified us about this type of price increase and given their reasons. It would have been much better customer relations

Also his price prices are still off

DTV pricing 2011

Choice Xtra 65.99
DVR Fee 7.00
2 extra recivers 12.00
Total 84.99
with MRV 87.99

Choice xtra not shooting up 7 bux only too get solid numbers before posting please. and that not directed at you tiger but at andrew.

I'm sorry I would need the choice ultimate which will be $70.99. I have 4 tv's so $6.00 x3 = $18.00. I put whole house DVR because if I move to Directv I'll have that feature for sure. But I'm still saving around $6.00 if I'd only go for DVR.

O.k. let me get this straight. MultiSport used to be $5.99/mo. and if you bought it annually it was $49 -- a savings of $22.88 per year.
Now, some time in the past year or so, MultiSport increased from $5.99/mo. to $7/mo. and if you buy it annually it is only $69 -- a savings of $15 per year.

What exactly are you complaining about?

Note: I have annual MultiSport package and enjoy having a savings over paying monthly.

O.k. let me get this straight. MultiSport used to be $5.99/mo. and if you bought it annually it was $49 -- a savings of $22.88 per year.
Now, some time in the past year or so, MultiSport increased from $5.99/mo. to $7/mo. and if you buy it annually it is only $69 -- a savings of $15 per year.

What exactly are you complaining about?

Because Dish Multisports pack is a complete waste of money since NO out of Market games can even be watched.
Besides NFL Red Zone what good is the Multi Sports pack from Dish network?

They only have 1 Fulltime RSN and its an in-Market only Fulltime Channel.

If you like college sports and some high school sports it makes complete sense...... Not everything is about the overpaid pros....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)