DISH Network Price Change

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Fios for $70? Out the door? Hrmm..... let's see.... the $69 price I think you are mentioning is for the first 6 months. Then it goes to $79.99 if you ordered online (or $84.99 if you ordered on phone). And let's not forget that $15.99 montly DVR fee (it's only free for the first 3 months!), $5.99 standard def box rentals, and the $5 or so in video franchise fees every month.....

I think your bill is going to be a lot more than $70 a month for the next two years..........

I guess you missed the smiley after my post. Anyhoo, fortunately for me, I'm back north each year before the higher charges catch up with me.

Dish's response, or any company's response, to that would be the price increase would be higher if they didn't fight the contract terms.

Oh I know what the response would be thats not in doubt.My response would be D_t_v didn't slap a $5 increase on their customers and they never took down all the channels that dish did.Don't get me wrong I really like Dish but if their main selling point is to be the lowest cost sat provider in the US they are headed in the wrong direction.

MikeD-C05 said:
So we have determined it will be FREE Starz right? I am still not sure about how this is going to work.

I think we will get a different set of premiums every month, as we currently have Encore on free preview for a month.

With AT250, two 722's, and no premium channels, things are getting a bit pricey. I received a call a few days ago offering "free" Starz. Nothing is ever "free" -- so I didn't even bother to finish hearing the pitch. Now I know why--I don't want to sign up for another 2 years. I really like E*. I've had them for years--even humbly returning from a brief and painful stint with COMCAST--eager to pay the extra fees for the DVR's.

Now, with four HDTV's to hook up, it seems like E* is no longer cost-effective. Their configuration website doesn't even allow for more than three HDTV's--at least that I could figure. I'll gladly pay for two whole-house DVR's and two HD receivers from D*. The price difference is negligible, and the only HD channels I'll miss are BBC HD and HLN HD. But my kids will be able to watch Disney in HD again. I will miss the mostly-logical channel grouping of E*.

Now to find out when my contract is up...

Twitter has its uses. I tweeted dishnetwork tonight and this was the response.

@approachin40 there will be a price increase. some accounts can qualify for a premium channel, specifics on this have not been released. *M

I am not happy about any price increase. Not at all. But I give up. AS more and more of the shows i like to watch are available in some streaming form, I get closer and closer to saying good buy to broadcast television in any form.

Twitter has its uses. I tweeted dishnetwork tonight and this was the response.

@approachin40 there will be a price increase. some accounts can qualify for a premium channel, specifics on this have not been released. *M
"a premium channel", as in singular. "some accounts can qualify", meaning many won't and qualify as in you need to do something other than just be a Dish subscriber to some minimum amount of programming. Not so cool with that context.

I am not happy about any price increase. Not at all. But I give up. AS more and more of the shows i like to watch are available in some streaming form, I get closer and closer to saying good buy to broadcast television in any form.

One of the editors from Cnet just did a diary type of article on cutting the cable cord. After about a month, he went back to cable. Hopefully something changes soon, because it is getting to damn expensive to watch T.V. It is a pretty interesting article though. Kind of shows you some of the pro's and con's of cutting the cord.

One of the editors from Cnet just did a diary type of article on cutting the cable cord. After about a month, he went back to cable. Hopefully something changes soon, because it is getting to damn expensive to watch T.V. It is a pretty interesting article though. Kind of shows you some of the pro's and con's of cutting the cord.

I do have to say, those were an interesting series of articles. While he was saving $99 a month, he was also used to Fios, and lived in a somewhat fringe OTA area.

Seems their biggest problem was 1) Spotty OTA reception, 2) Dissatisfaction with Hulu and tv.com delays, 3) Dissatisfaction with the PlayOn interface, and 4) Addiction to having a lot of TV available.

Recap: Diary of a cable TV cord cutter | Crave - CNET

For me, 1) I live 8 miles from most of my towers (although two are lower power VHF, but we will see), 2) I'm not planning on using much online beyond Netflix and watching directly on my PC, 3) Not planning on using PlayOn at all, and 4) With Dish America Bronze, I've already given up a lot.

Well, I am pretty upset for two reasons:

1. Dish Network probably knew about this increase when I signed up 30 days ago, but they didn't tell me. Now, after being a customer for less than a month, I'm being told to pay 12.5% more for the Top 120 package. Legal? Maybe. Ethical? Heck no.
2. Even though Dish Network knows they are raising the price now, they are still selling packages to new customers today claiming the old price is the price that customer will pay even though they will see an increase on Feb 1. And they will keep selling packages using that old price point until January 30... never telling those customers that there will be a price increase until after they have signed a contract. Again -- is that legal? Possibly (but I doubt it). Ethical? Definitely not.

Given I've been a customer less than 30 days, I spoke with Executive Relations this morning about this issue but they would not assist me in any way. They simply stated they have the right to raise the price to whatever they want and I have to pay it for 2 years unless I want to cancel with an ETF.

So, I've submitted a complaint to both my AG and the BBB alleging that Dish Network should NOT be able to quote me one price and then raise it by 12.5% less than 30 days later. I don't care what the contract says -- this is a SUBSTANTIAL change that I believe voids my contract with them on legal grounds that they are making a substantial change to the agreement that I am negatively impacted by given that I only signed the contract 30 days ago. The resolution I am seeking is for Dish to either (a) honor the price I committed to paying or (b) for Dish to remove my contract requirement so I can cancel without an ETF if I choose to do so in the future.

Of course, that doesn't solve the problem of Dish being unethical. But it will solve my problem of having to pay $5 more than I agreed to.
No one you spoke to would have know what the price increase or if there would be one when you signed up. We here usually know it before the CSR's do. In fact I just had to let one know when paying my bill. On line pay wouldn't work due to needing to be pro rated.

Dish is raising their fees for this next year, this year that is why the can freeze next years increase. They are collecting the increase a year in advance. That $2.5 x 12 x 17,000,000 subscribers equals 510 million dollars of next years increase that they will collect this year. Man, how genereous those ass holes are.

I do have to say, those were an interesting series of articles. While he was saving $99 a month, he was also used to Fios, and lived in a somewhat fringe OTA area.

Seems their biggest problem was 1) Spotty OTA reception, 2) Dissatisfaction with Hulu and tv.com delays, 3) Dissatisfaction with the PlayOn interface, and 4) Addiction to having a lot of TV available.

Recap: Diary of a cable TV cord cutter | Crave - CNET

For me, 1) I live 8 miles from most of my towers (although two are lower power VHF, but we will see), 2) I'm not planning on using much online beyond Netflix and watching directly on my PC, 3) Not planning on using PlayOn at all, and 4) With Dish America Bronze, I've already given up a lot.

8 miles away from the towers you should have no trouble at all. Many of that guys OTA troubles were his own doing from the lowsy installation. What I did was install a good OTA antenna and get 11 crystal clear channels, nexflix for the movies/shows, and the final piece will be a FTA setup. I save about $80.00 a month from cutting the cord....enough for a nice vacation yearly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts