Dish Network Programming Update

I would guess that another channel would be one to replaceCourt tv since they can't come to an agreement. I read that 2/1/07 was the deadline by Charlie to cut them off if no agreement is secured .

I would guess that another channel would be one to replaceCourt tv since they can't come to an agreement. I read that 2/1/07 was the deadline by Charlie to cut them off if no agreement is secured .

Yea!! Echostar Court TV 24/7 coverage of the various Echostar/Dish Network lawsuits!!! HD, of course!!!

I wonder if Versus/Golf HD will be one of the new channels since it's free to any provider carrying the SD versions??

What is reasoning for not including National Geographic in the HD Pack. For 20.00 per month they need more substance. It is the only non-premium to not be in the pack.

The HD follows the SD pattern. SD in your regular package, then HD in your HD package. Nat Geo is only available in the top package, so you must subscribe to that package for the HD version.

As for it being the only non-premium to not be in the pack, if you think about it, it is a premium. It isn't a "movie channel", but it costs more to have both the SD and HD version of it. In my opinion, it is a premium because I am not going to pay more for it.

What the hell makes NGEO HD so damn special, I will not pay extra in the AT package just to get 1 extra HD channel, what a ripoff! We're already paying an extra $20.00 stop jerkin us off Charlie!

Well I don't think Direct is going to be adding anything soon either.
So what! D* ALREADY offers our locals in HD. Hopefully the D* 'dish' can be mounted on the E* 'post' to avoid yet more holes in my roof :)

FWIW I could not care less about the speculation about E* adding more HD nationals or RSN's. We'll miss a couple of the Voom channels. But by the time our contract expires, we will have already seen all of the 'new' content on Voom - at least twice :)

And no we are not 'moving' just to get HD locals -- which BTW is an oxymoron -- because part of value of "locals" is local news and weather - DUH.

Talon Dancer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts