DISH Network® Launches First-of-its-Kind “Eurochannel”

You need a Dish 1000, which points at 110/119/118.7. The channel is only on 118.7. The dish is a little bit larger than a Dish 500, but if you get 110/119, then you should have no problem getting 118. Some of the International channels don't show up in your guide if you don't get the satellite that the channel comes in on.

I suspect, from looking at the uplink report, that Eurochannel was put on preview today. I can't confirm it because I don't have a dish for 118.7, but the international channels on 61.5 that changed flags are on preview now.

You need a Dish 1000, which points at 110/119/118.7. The channel is only on 118.7. The dish is a little bit larger than a Dish 500, but if you get 110/119, then you should have no problem getting 118. Some of the International channels don't show up in your guide if you don't get the satellite that the channel comes in on.

Do they charge to replace the 500 with a 1000? I'll have to contact them I suppose and get some info on the LNB drift for 61.5 and not having 118.7. With the HD channels, French channel, and possibly Eurochannel it seems I'll need access to 4 satellites at least.

I suspect, from looking at the uplink report, that Eurochannel was put on preview today. I can't confirm it because I don't have a dish for 118.7, but the international channels on 61.5 that changed flags are on preview now.

The only reason I know that Eurochannel was added to E* is because I received a flyer/postcard today (in French) inviting me to add the channel for $9.99 or get the French Bouquet (TV5, Eurochannel, EuroNews, Trace, 3Atelesud) for $19.99. On the flyer it said I could watch a preview from May 21st to June 4th. Of course I received this on June 4th and I don't have access to 118.7 so I am out of luck on the preview.

Oh, well then the flag change in the uplink report was the channel going out of preview mode then. But some other international channels did go into preview mode, because I can see them on 61.5.

I expressed my views on the matter with the CEO of the EuroChannel, Gustavo Vainstein this morining...

In a nutshell...

Your established carriage agreements with Dish almost assures you no penetration in the US market.

Why would you initiate a relationship with a company that establishes a MSRP price of $9.95 + the requirement of a further commitment to an International package?

Your entire relationship with Dish inhibits as opposed to enhancing your exposure to a potential US market.

What is your per/sub compensation from Dish for such subscriptions? (answer, $2.00 p/sub)

Personally, I'd love to receive the EuroChannel, and I know others that would too, but it's placed on a satellite that requires an additional parabolic antenna + LNB and requires a commitment that is unacceptable to mainstream subs.

Last edited:
CEO of the EuroChannel didn't quite understand they were going to be placed only on an International slot. He's attempting to get Dish to move them to a mainstream position... I could only wish him, Bonne chance! (good luck!)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)