DISH Network(R) Reports First Quarter 2009 Financial Results

The problem is the ones Dish does not take go to Directv.

So I have a feeling that when the numbers are announced again in September October, Directv will be the ones posting the loss :)

Actually DirecTV has been known (especially in recent times) of having strict credit standards. More so than E. If you read through a lot of their shareholder communication you'll see them frequently reference on how they are targeting "premier" customers. I think you're wrong on this one.

Actually DirecTV has been known (especially in recent times) of having strict credit standards. More so than E. If you read through a lot of their shareholder communication you'll see them frequently reference on how they are targeting "premier" customers. I think you're wrong on this one.

They may be targeting premiere customers, as all companies do, but retailers have reported considerable differences in the past for qualifying for both E* and D*.

Maybe the stock is up because the report was not as bad as expected?
The stock is most likely up because the numbers were very much in line with forecasts.

Conversely, DIRECTV's forecasts were missed by fairly wide margins and their stock didn't fare as well.

with Dish catching up and surpassing in some opinions Directv's HD I bet next quarter will be much better subs wise. I know I was gonna go to Directv before they started adding more HD this year. Plus with the 922 coming the end of this year that will entise people as well, only my opinion.

with Dish catching up and surpassing in some opinions Directv's HD I bet next quarter will be much better subs wise. I know I was gonna go to Directv before they started adding more HD this year. Plus with the 922 coming the end of this year that will entise people as well, only my opinion.

They have to improve advertising and customer service first.

They have to improve advertising and customer service first.

I am a "newlywed" with Dish coming over from Directv. I can agree on the adversting. You see a few cheesy commercials on tv., if they can ramp up the commercials with the DVR's and the HD programming they have, being the national HD leader. Also call me crazy, but you can also position in the advertsing that you do have sports. I am a sports fan and get my fill, I would guess that there are a few other Dish subs that are also sports fans and get what they need from Dish in regard to sports.

From what I have been reading this may take them away from their past focus of the low cost customer. I think you can positon yourself as having all the programming for high tier as well as something for those who dont need all the HD in the world. Good advertising can do this!!

In regard to customer service hopefully they have started to make some changes. I have had a few calls to them and with questions and both went great. The calls were polite, had the info I needed and spoke clear english. I was thinking that the calls were based right here in the USA

just tried to sign up,

I tried to sign up to dish and they would not connect all my tv's. Directv connected all my tv's at no charge. All they had to do was give me two more tv's and they would not. You would think that if they are losing subs they would do anything to get new ones. I would have been a good customer with the everything pak plus all the add on's. I guess they don't need the customers. Directv gave me everything I wanted when I signed up. That's why they increase and dish decreases. If someone has a solution please let me know because Dish does have the best equipment. My contract with Directv is up.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)