DISH Network Reports Third Quarter 2010 Financial Results

Well I was around since the beginning of E were you?.............

QUOTE]

What does having been around since the beginning have anything to do with it?
Let's see, do they offer more channels that 15 years ago? More package choices than 15 years ago? More receiver choices than 15 years ago? How about more satellites up in the sky than 15 years ago?

It is an Out-Of-Market package. You will not avoid blackouts of your LOCAL team with NFLST, so why buy it? Every other game is available.

I have NFLST, and I haven't had an issue with blackouts. Everything that has been blacked out, I have been able to find on my local CBS or Fox. Why buy it? because its not meant for you to get your local team. The package is meant for you to get the out of market games that you wouldn't normally get. If your not getting your local games, two things happened, 1. your team is so crappy that there not selling out, or 2. your local affiliate is dropping the ball.

It is an Out-Of-Market package. You will not avoid blackouts of your LOCAL team with NFLST, so why buy it? Every other game is available.
I understand that but didn't know if when someone forks out that kind of money -- or I should say, based on how much the providers pay the NFL -- that they might just make it wide open. I guess not... :(

Of course, the appeal of Sunday Ticket is for people to be able to see most or all NFL games from around the country. The local teams will still be broadcast on the local channels, i.e. ABC, CBS, NBC, or FOX, subject to blackout rules, of course. Sad that the NFL requires games to sell out in order for people with less disposable income to have the chance to see the games. What's the average ticket price to an NFL game ? Take the family and I'll bet it's more than most people pay for a month of cable or satellite service !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts