Dish Network Retailer Chat (3/17/05)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
DucTape said:
I'm guessing that they will not be selling them long once the department of agriculture gets wind of it. You must be a licensed pest control reseller to sell products like that to the public and that's a license in every state which is maintained by update credit's. Maybe they are licensed but I doubt it.
Wrong. You can buy pest strips, etc. in a grocery store. No reason similar chemicals couldn't be packaged to fit in the shroud, and sold under the same (non-)restrictions.

Iceberg,

Is this really you on that Picture (and Tank) .. also in your avatar? :D
Just wondering....

SimpleSimon said:
Wrong. You can buy pest strips, etc. in a grocery store. No reason similar chemicals couldn't be packaged to fit in the shroud, and sold under the same (non-)restrictions.

Actually not correct (sorry Simon) here in Connecticut if a Satellite Installer installs a pest strip as part of their installation they are required to have a pest control license.

I found this out yesterday, it was the first I have heard of it.

Ah - I stand corrected.

This proves my past posts about so much of this stuff being locally regulated, tho - and also my point about some of these places being a bunch of frelling dictatorships (like the People's Republic of Boulder).

So, in Conn. a customer can install something they buy in the supermarket, but the tech can't - without PAYING for a license he'll never use for anything else. Ridiculous.

I'll bet there's even a law against letting the customer climb the tech's ladder to do it himself. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)