DISH Network Retailer Chat Recap - August 18th, 2011

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to another SatelliteGuys Live DISH Network Retailer Chat Recap!

As always we will only report items of interest to you the consumers and will not discuss dealer sensitve items such as costs and profits.

Todays show "might" be interesting as new DISH Network CEO Joe Clayton is scheduled to be the guest on todays show. In addition last week DISH Network started their fall marketing campaign, is it working or will there be tweeks made?

We will find out here today together at SatelliteGuys.US!

I will reopen this thread when I post the first update. Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!

And here we go with another DISH Network Retailer Chat.

We are welcomed by Amir Ahmed and Brian Neylon, they say we have a great show today and a good special guest. (That guest is DISH Network CEO Joe Clayton.)

Amir cant do a show without talking sports... so he opens by asking his NCAA Football picks for the year.

Joe wants to know if they are betting and money on this, Brian comes back with Steak Dinner. Joe wants to know if they can add a bottle of whisky to the bet. Good deal...

Joe goes on and tells a little of his history.

Attachments

• dish1.jpg
    dish1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 274
Joe says DISH needs to fix their message to consumers, they have done so many great things but customers don't know about them.

Joe has hired a new national advertising Vice President and a new advertising agency. And we will see many changes around October 1st.

Joe does not like the "Cheap Cheap Cheap" advertising message. Instead he wants their ads to be emotional, where people viewing the ads say to themselfs wow I didn't know we could do that.

Next year they will launch a new equipment platform which will give them advantages over their competition. In addition he wants to push "More Movies, More Music, More Magic!" This will be launched at CES, and joe is inviting the press to a free lunch. :)

Joe will leave no bullets in the gun in January.

Joe is excited.

Joe is on fire. I like it.

DISH will make a move as major wireless player in the future.

I got to admit I am excited about a lot of what he is saying in fact a lot of the stuff he is saying I have been saying for years now! Way to go Joe!

Joe then goes over his football picks.

Amir's Sleeper picks are NC and OK State.
He is going with New England in the AFC and Green Bay.

Joe picks...
Alabama Crimson Tide as the #1 Team. He predicts Kentucy will go to a bowl game this year.
In the NFL he picks the Colts and The Bears. He predicts the Colts will be champs this year.

Joe leaves but jokes that if the sales number don't go up soon you might see new hosts on the retailer chat. Damn I like Joe.

Now Amir and Brian now go over the new promotions which went into effect last week.

They talk about the NFL Red Zone Channel and keep telling how great Chris Hanson is at hosting the channel... umm guys its Scott Hanson not Chris. :)

Still just going on talking about the current promotions...

They go to talk about Marketing but there is no one from Marketing there today, so instead they show two new 30 second commercials that are running.

Now showiing a new video which will be airing on a retailer channel (in HD) which shows off DISH Network. They want retailers to play this video in their showrooms.

The video is kind of hokey its about a guy who lives on a desert island and wants to watch TV... (If it was true the audit team would be all over his ass) :D

When you get a chance scott, explain the "direction" you think Dish is going... Do you think it will basically be all movies? Thanks.

Its spelled out above, at CES their new slogan is going to be "More Movies, More Music, More Magic!"

I think that says a lot (and note it does not say MORE SPORTS.

On the tailgater it needs a new software update on the 211k. The software needed is L4.99 the software should be rolled out to all customers with 211k's within the next 30 days.

If you dont have L4.99 yet and get a tailgater DO NOT hook it up to your 211K until it has the l4.99 software!

You can not force your 211k to update. It will get to your box when it gets to your box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts