Dish Network Retailer Chat Recap - July 10, 2007

Versus is NOT showing the Tour De France in HD.

They announced they were but changed their minds...

Check out http://ww3.versus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2255

I talked with Dish about this earlier this morning and was told that if Versus did somehow get it up in HD that they would push to turn it on early.

It looks like Versus is screwing this one up.

sweet $100 rebate now?

I'm still thinkg it only gets better, so I wish I knew what changes are coming August 15th

This is great news. Thanks again Scott for the work.

Im really excited about G/VSHD, DiscHD, TLCHD and HistHD.

Its driving me crazy about what might be coming mid September!

If you have hard line being used near the 622, just buy a cheap 4 port switch and plug it in by the 622. You'll turn that one connection into 3 open connections.

I have a hard wire coming from a router to my Xbox360 now, which is set on top of my TV. Would a 4 port switch work in that scenario or could i just use the same cable from my Xbox when I'm not playing??

I have a hard wire coming from a router to my Xbox360 now, which is set on top of my TV. Would a 4 port switch work in that scenario or could i just use the same cable from my Xbox when I'm not playing??

Take the hard wire from the Xbox and plug it into the switch. Most new switches are are auto sensing and will see it's a uplink configuration. Then take two CAT5 cables and plug them into 2 of the other switch ports. Plug them in to the other devices. Done deal. No having to unplug stuff and no wearing out your network ports.

But remember a wireless game adapter is going to be quite a bit slower than a wired connection. That may make a big difference when it comes down to downloading HD movies (at least I hope we will have options to download HD!!)

But remember a wireless game adapter is going to be quite a bit slower than a wired connection. That may make a big difference when it comes down to downloading HD movies (at least I hope we will have options to download HD!!)

True, but thats my best option.

Nevermind, I just saw your post about the sling unit, pretty darn nice!

I thought you didnt have Dish anymore Jim.

Dishes MPEG4 HD channels look GREAT. Most of the channels that are up would look no different in 1920 x 1440 then they do now at 1440 x 1920 because they were all shot on HD Cam.

The MPEG2 stuff.... welll... you got a point there, but I dont feel they will be MPEG2 much longer (i.e. by the end of the year)

About the ext hard drive, once the data is removeable someone will be able to develope a program for us to view it on our computers or burn to DVD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts