Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to another SatelliteGuys Recap of the LIVE DISH Network Retailer Chat.

As usual we will only recap items which may be of interest to you the consumer and will not discuss retailer sensitive issues such as costs and profits.

After the satellite issues the other night I am not expecting much "news" from today's show. But because I am a SatelliteGuy I will sit through it just in case something interesting is said. :)

I will reopen this thread once the Retailer Chat has Started.

And here we go!

Amir and Brian welcome us to the September retailer chat.

Looks like a lot of it will be talk about the new DISH Sales iPad app...

They talk about the Satellite issue at 129. They are happy that the satellite is healthy and that there is no issue with the satellite.

Now talking about Blockbuster, saying something exciting is coming. Next Friday the 23rd Joe Clayton is going to have a press conference announcing the new Blockbuster Streaming Service.

Talking about the addition of the MLB Network now... Showing a MLB Network commercial.

Dish is launching a new package which contains 5 channels called the Heartland Package it contains Hallmark Channel, GMC, Pixl, Hallmark Movie Channel and RFD-TV. It is a ala carte package. Available October 1st for $5 a month. Pixel SD will be launching on or before October 1st. You can add it to the Welcome Package.

Now talking about the NFL Red Zone.

Dish launching a new package which contains 5 channels called the Heartland Package it contains Hallmark Channel, GMC, Pixl, Hallmark Movie Channel and RFD-TV. It is a ala carte package. Available October 1st for $5 a month. Pixel SD will be launching on or before October 1st. You can add it to the Welcome Package.

dang I suggested "The Waltons" package a while ago..glad they listened..they should really add INSP tho ;)

Now onto questions meaning there shouldnt be anything else of interest...

I am interested in seeing what next frdays Blockbuster announcement is. :D

Dish is launching a new package which contains 5 channels called the Heartland Package it contains Hallmark Channel, GMC, Pixl, Hallmark Movie Channel and RFD-TV. It is a ala carte package. Available October 1st for $5 a month. Pixel SD will be launching on or before October 1st. You can add it to the Welcome Package.

cool :)

interesting as Hallmark is already in Welcome Pack

Amir just said that in October you are going to see DISH Network everywhere and that they are spending millions and millions on a complete new ad campaign.

Also the press conference will be at 10am Pacific Time, not Eastern Time.

We hope to be streaming the event LIVE here at SatelliteGuys (Or at least have a link to the live streaming) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)