Dish Network Retailer Chat Recap - September 28, 2007

I am a Directv sub, but I like to see what Dish is doing. More HD from Dish hopefully means more HD from Directv and vice versa. It looks like a merger is imminent, however. The reason I say that is Dish execs aren't answering questions. That is usually reserved for Directv's execs.

Looks to me that Dish was not going to respond to what Direct is doing. I guess they feel if they were going to launch more hd, Dish would have given in to what direct is doing. By not responding I guess Dish is trying to make direct feel that they don't care what they are doing. If this is true. It is pretty lame Dish.

I just hope if there is a merger us D* customers get the Voom HD channels they are sooooooooooooo cool ( BTW Voom sucks)

You know, VOOM doesn't suck any more than the 200-250 (+/-) bad SD channels I have to subscribe to in order to get the 50 or so I actually watch in the AEP package. Of the 15 VOOM channels, we watch maybe 2-3 on a regular basis (about the same ratio). Other VOOM subs probably watch a different 2 or 3 than we do. Would I trade some of those VOOMs for some of the channels D* added this week? Sure I would. But others here would probably want to trade some of the ones I watch. ;)

Sorry, this thread really isn't about VOOM.

Brad

They now go into NHL Center Ice and say it will be back this year. They say some games will be in HD but they dont have a list of that yet. They will be talking more about that when they have more to talk about (no metion to the NHL Network)

For what its worth, I am still hearing Buzz that NHL Network is coming next week.

I'm less interested in the NHL network than in getting actual CI games in HD (at least, from those HD RSNs that are going to already be showing games in HD this year). The "some games will be in HD but they don't have a list yet" comment makes me wonder, though, if it's just going to be the same as last year (maybe that's what the delay in negotiating the CI package was all about). I read that 8 HD RSN feeds could be showing on 129 at any given time so I was kind of hoping for more HD for CI this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)