Dish Network/SES Americom was granted to moved AMC 16 to 118.75

dlsnyder said:
The way I read the report they will use the extra capacity for internationals. Is a standard LNBF capable of tuning in those frequencies though? Seems like a Dish 500 might be sufficient for this if the power is high enough.
As I read the footnotes, all the ka freqs are uplinks, unless that's a misprint...

Maybe it is not byebye SuperDish after all. They could use a SuperDish with a new lnbf adapter kit in order to pickup the channels. They would probably need to use the same size SuperDish that they have been using in order to pull in the FSS satellite. Maybe they will come out with a mesh dish (SuperDish 2) to pick this up.

The invacom LNB's do both frequencies at once on one lnb. This would be the most likely thing to happen. People wont be expected to have two dishes pointed at 119 ;0 It would be FSS and DBS together @ 119, both owned by dish.

Scott Greczkowski said:
This is big news...

Wonder what they will do with all the extra space?

I was told in the past if this move was agreed to that you would get the 118.7 location with an existing Dish500 without the need for any repeaking. I wonder if this is true or not.
I noticed in the report that the bird in qeustion an FSS satellite..Is that not medium powered as are the FSS birds at 105 &121 degrees and as such would
require a larger antenna?.I did a search and couldn't find pertinent info..

Wonder if you could get 110 118.75 119 121 and 129 all with one dish :p

However, hopefully this new dish (if the sat is even used heh) will be of decent size!

CJPC said:
Wonder if you could get 110 118.75 119 121 and 129 all with one dish :p

However, hopefully this new dish (if the sat is even used heh) will be of decent size!

What if E* is planning on moving 121 to 129 in the future? That would give E* 2 sats at each major location 61.5,110, 119, and 129. Just a guess :)

roachxp said:
What if E* is planning on moving 121 to 129 in the future? That would give E* 2 sats at each major location 61.5,110, 119, and 129. Just a guess :)

What good would that do? Echostar 9 is an FSS satellite. Why would they do away with a 121 SuperDISH to make a 129 SuperDISH? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

Last edited:
chaddux said:
What good would that do? Echostar 9 is an FSS satellite. Why would they do away with a 121 SuperDISH to make a 129 SuperDISH? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

I dont see them doing that, they have other tenants on the CBAND side of Echostar 9... They wont be moving it out of 121.

Well they can do what DirecTV is doing to come out with a slim superdish. Go with 110, 118.5, 119 and 121. Cause not everyone gets 129 so the 129 cant be on the new superdish

Ka AMC16

Did they receive approval for KA at 118.7? If so maybe they are planning to follow in D* footsteps with HD LIL on Ka band Just a thought

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)