Dish Network/SES Americom was granted to moved AMC 16 to 118.75

mattb said:
I dont see them doing that, they have other tenants on the CBAND side of Echostar 9... They wont be moving it out of 121.

I agree completely. There is NO way they are moving Echostar 9 from 121 to 129.

DirecTv is not using FSS satellites for their 5 eye HD dish are they? I thought they were all high power satellites. I dont think they can make the dish size for FSS any smaller than it is now. They could add 129 to a SuperDish if they wanted to. They are getting rid of the SuperDish for a reason though. That is due to the high expense of having them installed and more issues with them. I am sure they have other uses for FSS though but I am curious what the uses will be for. Maybe they will use them for smaller local markets or something.

Stargazer said:
DirecTv is not using FSS satellites for their 5 eye HD dish are they? I thought they were all high power satellites. I dont think they can make the dish size for FSS any smaller than it is now. They could add 129 to a SuperDish if they wanted to. They are getting rid of the SuperDish for a reason though. That is due to the high expense of having them installed and more issues with them. I am sure they have other uses for FSS though but I am curious what the uses will be for. Maybe they will use them for smaller local markets or something.

Yes they are... and thats why the dish is so big :).... there using fss on the 97/99??? slot i think it is and the 101 (besides the high powered one on 101)

goaliebob99 said:
Yes they are... and thats why the dish is so big :).... there using fss on the 97/99??? slot i think it is and the 101 (besides the high powered one on 101)
\They are not using KU FSS at 97/99 they are using KA band.

Ka requires the larger dish just like Ku FSS because the slot spacing is only 2 degrees apart. The larger dish allows one to focus in on a smaller area of the sky. Ku-FSS satellites can be as powerful as E3 at 61.5 or E5 at 129, both of which are running at normal power Ku-DBS (E3 overheats if it runs at double power and E5 is running too many transponders for double power). Ku-DBS can run 2x power of Ku-FSS, but even at the same power a smaller dish can still be used since the spacing of the satellites is 9 degrees apart.

So we could see Dish Network come out with a similar type of dish like DirecTv is doing with their five eye dish for 110, 118.7, 119, 129 (maybe a SuperDish version for 121 in the mix as well) and maybe some future ones. Whatever happened to 105.5 ala carte that was going to be offered?

AMC-16 is indeed an FSS bird, but it can switch between linear and circular polarization. Circular is good for integrating with DBS reception. This move is a good thing for us DISH people.

I can see dish comming out with a dish exactly like the one direct offers being that there dish is only 25h x 29w which is smaller then the existing super dish which is closer to 34.5w x almost 30h and only picking up 3 Sat's.. And if they are smart they will make an adaptor which will accommodate the existing superdish mast/pole mount and for the record the directv dish (at9) picks up 3- ka satellites 99/103 which is like our 105/121 and now 118.7 and 3--ku satellites 101/110/119 like our 61.5/110/119/129/148 satellite so it is possible to rid outselves of the superdish for a smaller more efficient dish... and i talked to Nick Rossetti ( if you know who he is at dish )) last year and he did mention a new mesh superdish maybe this will be it ?

I dont' think customers are offended so much by the width, height, and skew of a SuperDiSH as much as they are offended by the obnoxiously long focal length and the huge shroud and wires hanging out at the end of that long pole.

Oh yeah and the messy struts that some installers put up to keep it from pulling out of the rafters in the wind...

Scott Greczkowski said:
If you check the Pub area you would know how they are going to do it. :)

Let's just say PLUS is the word. :D

Ok, you have hinted that there is word about what E* is up to with this move. It has been 5 days now since you hinted. How about some more info about what is happening with 105, 118.7 and 121? Are we SuperDish owners in store for some additional programming?

Don't know the filing with the FCC said HD, LIL and Internationals.

I just know to get them you are going to need a new Dish 500+ or Dish 1000+ Dish.

There I finally mentioned the new dishes in public. :D

I feel better now. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)