Dish Network - Sign up now or Feb 1st?

dennisi01

Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
New Jersey
Hey,
I've been looking to sign up with Dish network this week, but heard that there will be better promotions on Feb 1st. Now, my question is does anybody know if I would be better off waiting until Feb 1st? I'm asking because Currently I can get a dual tuner DVR, and 2 HD receivers, with the top 200 package + locals + silver HD for $73 a month and no upfront costs, plus cinemax for a penny. I have 3 HD tvs and 1 SD TV. What do you guys think? Here is the invoice that Dish spit out for me after I went through the dish builder:

I appreciate the help!!!
---
Monthly Fees
America's Top 200 $40.39
New York, NY local channels $5.00
SilverHD $10.00
Additional Programming $10.00
DishDVR Advantage, You Saved $5.98! $49.99
SilverHD $10.00
HD Leased Receiver Fee 2 $7.00
HD Leased Receiver Fee 3 $7.00
DISH Home Protection Plan $5.99
DISH Network DVR Service Fee ($4.60)
HD Leased Receiver Fee 2 ($7.00)
HD Leased Receiver Fee 3 ($7.00)
Additonal Fees $18.60
Monthly Total Price $73.99
----
One-Time Credits and Fees
$50.00 credit on 1st bill -$50.00
Cinemax for a penny $0.01
Activation Fee $99.00
Activation Fee waived. -$99.00
Amount Due Today $0.00
Instant Savings! All new customers receive a $50.00 credit on their first bill with qualified programming.
----

Hey,
I've been looking to sign up with Dish network this week, but heard that there will be better promotions on Feb 1st. Now, my question is does anybody know if I would be better off waiting until Feb 1st? I'm asking because Currently I can get a dual tuner DVR, and 2 HD receivers, with the top 200 package + locals + silver HD for $73 a month and no upfront costs, plus cinemax for a penny. I have 3 HD tvs and 1 SD TV. What do you guys think? Here is the invoice that Dish spit out for me after I went through the dish builder:

I appreciate the help!!!
---
Monthly Fees
America's Top 200 $40.39
New York, NY local channels $5.00
SilverHD $10.00
Additional Programming $10.00
DishDVR Advantage, You Saved $5.98! $49.99
SilverHD $10.00
HD Leased Receiver Fee 2 $7.00
HD Leased Receiver Fee 3 $7.00
DISH Home Protection Plan $5.99
DISH Network DVR Service Fee ($4.60)
HD Leased Receiver Fee 2 ($7.00)
HD Leased Receiver Fee 3 ($7.00)
Additonal Fees $18.60
Monthly Total Price $73.99
----
One-Time Credits and Fees
$50.00 credit on 1st bill -$50.00
Cinemax for a penny $0.01
Activation Fee $99.00
Activation Fee waived. -$99.00
Amount Due Today $0.00
Instant Savings! All new customers receive a $50.00 credit on their first bill with qualified programming.
----

I'd wait until the new sub deals are announced. Plus the fees are going up for nearly all packages next month. The one you did the Builder for will increase by $8 per month.

I'd wait until the new sub deals are announced. Plus the fees are going up for nearly all packages next month. The one you did the Builder for will increase by $8 per month.

This is good advice. Besides the new promo will rock your world compared to the current promotion.;)

Will this promo only be for first time subs?

Yes it will as it is with all new promotions with all subscription services.

Promotions are designed to attract NEW customers. Typically they will be loaded with "freebies" to make the offer attractive. Now because they are loaded with "freebies" it will take the provider,Dish, Direct, etc.... up to 2 years to break even on that new customer.

It is because of this 2 year period as to why they can't offer these attractive promotions to existing customers. If they did they would never make a profit and would have to fold.

The Q-1 promos are official. Regardless of which Basic Bronz, Silver, Gold, Amer everything programming package is selected, new DHA accounts will earn $25 credit for each of the first 6 months.....FREE HD add on for 6 months.....15 prem movie chs, Including HBO for 3 months and Platinum HD free for 3 months. HD only packages earn $20 credit for 6 months and the other 3 months free offers, as above. There is no $50 up-grade for the first 722, therefore, no $50 credit off first month bill. Equip configerations remain the same. DVR advantage rates will increase for DDA accounts where only a $.98 savings will result {bummer}. Do the math.

Dishstore will have a pre-order offer available on Monday

Ever since DISH Network has announced the greatest DISH Network promotion ever a few weeks ago at CES, everyone who has been thinking of getting signed up with DISH Network is now planning to wait till Febuary 1st to get in on this fantastic offer.

At The DISH Store we are so excited about all the fantastic offers, its driving us crazy not being to offer our customers the very best deal around. So as usual we took DISH Networks promopton and made it better.

Starting on Janaury Monday January 26th Dishstore will now be accecpting pre-orders for the Febuary 1st DISH Network promotion which includes the following...

A) Free Upgrade for the VIP722 HD/DVR Receiver
B) $25/Mo off for customer subscribing to Classic Bronze 100, 200, or 250 Bonus Pack for the first 6 months
C) $10/Mo off for customers subscribing to Bronze, Silver or Gold HD add on packages
D) (2) Great Movie channel Packages Free for the first 3 months
E) Up to a $125 Dishstore exclusive customer rebate.

Here is how it works...

A) Starting on Monday January 26th, call the DISH Store at 800-807-0837 and ask to speak with one of our sales advisors.

B) Our sales advisors will help you pick out the proper programming package and the equipment configuration that meets your needs.

C) We will then pre-build your Pending DISH Network order in our system, and choose a few potential installation dates

D) At Midnight on Febuary 1st, we will transmit your order infromation to DISH Network and build your account and schedule your installation

E) On Monday Febuary 2nd we will call you to follow up with your install date, and change it if necessary to work with your schedule.

There are 2 rebates being offered with this promotion....

http://www.satelliteguys.us/metro25/dishstore/rebateq109.pdf
This is the standard Dishstore rebate, which will allow you to get up to $75 cash back when you sign up. Valid from 2/1/2009 through 8/31/2009

http://www.satelliteguys.us/metro25/dishstore/rebateearly.pdf
Additional Cash Back Bonus when you pre-order by Febuary 1st. Valid on new orders placed from 1/20/2009 through 1/31/2009

Claude says, "$10/Mo off for customers subscribing to Bronze, Silver or Gold HD add on packages" while Jerryinvirginia says, "HD only packages earn $20 credit for 6 months". Can anyone clarify which is correct? Oh wait, I see that Claude is actually just saying those add on HD packages are basically free for 6 months (since the cost the same as the discount). Wonder if they will also offering any promo on the HD only packges.

Claude says, "$10/Mo off for customers subscribing to Bronze, Silver or Gold HD add on packages" while Jerryinvirginia says, "HD only packages earn $20 credit for 6 months". Can anyone clarify which is correct? Oh wait, I see that Claude is actually just saying those add on HD packages are basically free for 6 months (since the cost the same as the discount). Wonder if they will also offering any promo on the HD only packges.

New customers that desire HD only packages will earn a $20 credit for 6 months as well as 15 premium movie chs for 3 months {HBO for sure....the other programmer is yet to be established}.

Glad my Dish contract is up next month!! With the way the economy is right now, I'm not signing any contract for quite awhile, cell or Satellite.

Why bother getting Turbo HD when its basically the same price as the AT100, 200 or 250 after the discounts for the first 6 months.
So you are confirming that there is a promo for $20off the HD-only packages? And yes, I know I would get the Silver Classic (with free HD) for just $3/month more for the first six months -- but I'd also have to remember to downgrade the package (and that too will cost me an additional $5). Besides once all the new HD channels -- that are supposedly coming soon -- actually arrive then TurboHD Silver will have everything I need/want.

If you do the classic packages plus HD its $35 off for 6 months. If you do Turbo HD then its $20 off for 6 months.
From what I am seeing DishDVR Advantage Classic Silver 200 + Silver HD will be $67.99 (so $32.99 after discount) while DishDVR Advantage Turbo HD Silver will be $49.99 (so $29.99 after discount). So that is how I came up with the numbers above.

ok, I need some clarifications with all the cost increases coming Feb 1st. and new pricing details for NEW customers.

So let's talk about Existing Customers. If your a current Dish subscriber with DishDVR Advantage with Classic Silver 200 + Silver HD will we be able to take advantge of the new TurboHD pricing or has it not been decided or made public what the pricing will be for existing customers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)