Dish Network still sending out 722s??

rtukani

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2015
PA
I realized that maybe the Hopper system was not going to be as cost effective as I thought it would be, so I decided to go with a VIP 722K system. The only question is, on the DISH "My Shipments" profile, it says an order is placed for the 722 (NOT 722k). I looked all over Dish's site and could not find any links whatsoever to the regular 722 (No K), only the 722K, 222K, Hopper, and older legacy recievers. Should I just assume it's a 722K since I couldn't find any trace of Dish selling it?

622 722 and 722K are all part of the same family of receivers and can be shipped interchangeably. For new customers you would probably get a 722K but no guarantees.

Reactions: JSheridan
622 722 and 722K are all part of the same family of receivers and can be shipped interchangeably. For new customers you would probably get a 722K but no guarantees.

SIMPLE: Meet the installer at the truck. Ask which box is being installed. If it's not a K, refuse installation. Tell him why. He'll either come up with a K, today or later, or you'll get someone eventually who will!

I realized that maybe the Hopper system was not going to be as cost effective as I thought it would be, so I decided to go with a VIP 722K system. The only question is, on the DISH "My Shipments" profile, it says an order is placed for the 722 (NOT 722k). I looked all over Dish's site and could not find any links whatsoever to the regular 722 (No K), only the 722K, 222K, Hopper, and older legacy recievers. Should I just assume it's a 722K since I couldn't find any trace of Dish selling it?
If you use an OTA, the 722 is better as it comes with an built in modulator for OTA use.
The 722k, comes without. The device must be purchased as an extra.

Reactions: brad1138
I'd be pissed if they sent me a 722 NON-K to replace my K model. I've got the OTA module to receive/record 2 OTA's as well as get OTA on tuner 2.

Ed
You can take the OTA out of the k, and put it in the non K.
If you use an OTA, the 722 is better as it comes with an built in modulator for OTA use.
The 722k, comes without. The device must be purchased as an extra.
if willing to buy it for the K, you get an added tuner. The 722 only has one tuner for OTA, whereas the m2 OTA module has 2

You're correct OsU. That was actually a site error. I was typing that, then decided to research it some more, saw I was wrong and erased it. When I came back to the thread, I didn't notice it "auto saved" my previous print and included that. Disregard that portion of the message, should just be the second Part of it.

That's one of the things that gets on my nerves on this site... The auto save when you delete text and close a thread. I get its purpose, it just is more of a nuisance... For me atleast.

Reactions: TheKrell
SIMPLE: Meet the installer at the truck. Ask which box is being installed. If it's not a K, refuse installation. Tell him why. He'll either come up with a K, today or later, or you'll get someone eventually who will!

The only problem is that I ordered it because I'm am existing customer. I think I should have mentioned that earlier..

They can't specify. The Dish Computer thinks the ViP622, ViP722 and ViP722K are all interchangeable. Never mind what they "tell" you.

Meet the guy at the curb, before he puts any time into the job.

The VIP 722K allows TV2 to use OTA which the VIP 722 does not. I know because I upgraded to a VIP 722K so the wife could have OTA on TV2.

The Hopper solved that issue.

Reactions: TheKrell
What does it mean by Ota? I get all local channels without any separate antenna.
The VIP 722K allows TV2 to use OTA which the VIP 722 does not. I know because I upgraded to a VIP 722K so the wife could have OTA on TV2.

The Hopper solved that issue.

Reactions: brad1138

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts