Dish Network to Launch New Music Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
products and services or to purchase items online, visit www.RadioShack.com.
About World Digital Media Group
World Digital Media Group (WDMG) is an integrated media and content company focused on the marketing, distribution, and sales of independent, known, and world music artists. Headquartered in Dallas, WDMG is the first company to be conceptualized, developed and launched fully leveraging and integrating all possible media by maximizing the existing reach of its assets to bring music directly to the public in various forms of delivery, from physical CDs to digital. It is headed by Chris Christian, a multiple Grammy and Dove Award-winning record producer, performer, songwriter, and record label executive.

cc entertainment formed the wdmg with three partners, under cc entertainment is a holding company LCS Music group inc most of the music is old..

LCS Music Group Inc. owns 8,000 instrumental music library tracks, 100 album masters by such artists as Amy Grant, Marilyn McCoo, Dan Peek, Whiteheart, Chris Christian as well as 100 music videos and 52 Gerbert 30 minute TV childrens episodes. *dAKOTO (FF); *CHRISTIAN MUSIC VIDEOS (MU); *GERBERT (DR); orgs: TAFP.

Christmas in New York - The Pointer Sisters: Formed in Oakland, California, The Pointer Sisters grew up in a family of limited means. There were two boys & four girls & although they sang around the house as early as they can remember, they got their start performing together in their father's church. After high school, Bonnie Pointer set out on a career in music & in short order, sisters Anita & June followed suit. After a bit of a rocky start, including a period when they found themselves stranded & penniless in Houston, they signed a record deal & released their debut in 1973. By this time they were a quartet as their youngest sister, Ruth, had joined them as well.

In the late 70s Bonnie Pointer left to embark on a solo career, but in spite of this major set back, by the 80s remaining trio of The Pointer Sisters had developed into one of the most dynamic acts in pop music. They achieved worldwide fame with a string of hits. In 1984, their run of chart-topping releases culminated with Jump (For My Love), Automatic, and others, that injected a much-needed mix of style & sophistication into the contemporary music scene. Although they had several more releases thru the remainder of the 80s & 90s, none matched the success of those efforts.

However, after a somewhat lengthy absence from the record scene, The Sisters have reemerged as a new trio with Ruth & Anita Pointer, and Ruth's daughter Issa. And they're flashing a brand new holiday single called Christmas In New York, that captures the energy & enthusiasm of their heyday. The track is an original composition penned by Chris Christian a multiple Grammy winning producer, performer, and label exec together with Nathan East, an industry veteran. It's definitely one of the most infectious songs of the season, and appears on the compilation Smooth And Soulful Christmas created by WDMG a company which Christian helped found. The cd as whole simply sparkles with one of its brightest moments being provided by The Pointers and Christmas In New York !!

CD: Smooth & Soulful Christmas (2005)
Label: YMC Records
Sites: Pointer Sisters ; YMC

Let me help support Scott. What the PUB area sometimes reports is a rumor. Just a rumor that is published as a roomer in t e pub area. It may or may not happen. What I have noticed from Scott that once the Rumor becomes a fact, he moves the info in the public area. Those that sub to the Pub area are aware that what is mentioned there is rumor only until it is varified. Don't blame Scott. Blame the sub who broke the pub honor code. ( I hate to call it rules) It is a matter of honor.

Last edited:
The funny thing that no one has noticed or commented about is that SIRIUS and Clear Channel are apart of the little venture... Who would thought that a DBS provider, a satcaster, and a broadcaster who runs spots telling everybody how bad satellite radio is are working together... Gotta love the Mays family... They know how to get into the money stream anyway they can:) :) :) . CC

Just have it so if you subscribe to Sirius already you get the channels on Dish, and if you just want them on Dish pay like 6.95/month or something, like they offer it on SPRINT PCS. You get some of the music channels for 6.95/month on your sprint phone. I'm sure and I hope E* pays Sirius something for this, and I'm curious how many people signed up for Sirius after hearing it on Dish. Plus like someone said earlier Direct has XM, makes sense for Dish Network to have Sirius. I too would pay an extra couple bucks for the Stern channels, but thats not the only reason I have Sirius, I've had it for a couple years.

Oh well. If Sirius gets dropped then its just that much more room for Dish to add other channels. I'd like to see Sirius stay but I rarely listen to it but I am sure that many others do.

the cc entertainment is not clear channel promotions it a brand new group formed by Chris Christen Entertaiment

DWS44 said:
Some of us actually enjoy doing that! Nice to have Sirius all over the house w/o buying a pile of Sirius receiver and paying an extra $7 each per month, on top of the two I have in my vehicles already.

if i lose 6077 the broadway music. which is my fave of all the sirus channels, i will be very unhappy. i cannot afford to go to real broadway shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)