Dish Network Upgrades

Check

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
Woodbridge, Va
I've been with Dish for 5 years now and had a 7200 and a 921 (along with numerous other ones, 301s, 501s, etc) and I was wondering something that a customer who's been with them longer might be able to answer. Has Dish Network ever added support for a port on any of their boxes after they were released? I've had tons of boxes that had features that were going to be enabled in future releases but I've never seen it happen. Can anyone remember ANY feature that ANY Dish box came with that said when you bought it that this port would be enabled in a future upgrade where it really WAS upgraded? Just curious.

Check

The ports on the 4000 & 5000 units supported Dolby Digital adaptors, of which I have one. They also supported some aftermarket mobile dish positioners, for use on campers, trailers, etc.
The port on the 5000 also supported their HDTV modulator, which is getting to be pretty much useless, since it does NOT support 8PSK modulation.

The Model 6000 had two expansion slots that were activated after the box was in service. The 8vsb digital OTA tuner and the 8psk adapter that allowed for more HDTV channels. Both were about $99.00 from what I remembered.

Dish Net & Voom Connection

Dish HDTVs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)