Dish Network Verizon merger ???

Considering the transfer of assets from Echostar to Dish ONLY Verizon (among likley buyers) would, smartly, demand as part of the deal, it HAS TO BE Verizon, and they desperately need Dish. IMHO, this is a purchase of Dish that will have Verizon in complete control and a complete buy out of Charlie. Charlie might be given a seat on the board as a very minority owner (think poor old Ted Turner when he sold Turner to TW: an ineffectual board member who nobody on TW the board took seriously). Charlie will still have Echostar to play with and rule. But it would be a far smaller Echostar, but he could do some things with it.

Oh, yes, IMHO, it is Verizon. They are the ONLY one who NEEDS Dish now. I hope Verizon does not bring its horrid bad for consumer "wireless provider" Verizon model of pricing to Dish. I think an announcement is coming very soon.

I thought charter was buying Verizon?

I hope they don't get bought out. Things are miserable at Dish and I hope it stays that way.
The rumor was Verizon was "looking to buy a cable company," which IMHO was spread to send people and press looking in the other direction when Verizon was probably already close to cutting a deal with Dish. The problem is that Spectrum (the merged Charter/TWC) has a lot of debt thanks to that merge, and that is not appealing to any company until a good part of that debt is retired. Even this Administration is not likely to allow Spectrum to get even bigger with a huge wireless carrier like Verizon, for now. The old phrase, "too soon." Also, Dish is far better set for what Verizon needs to compete with AT&T by having SlingTV up and running and even some of Dish's wireless spectrum that Verizon can work with the FCC to keep or not as part of the deal. But, I do dread the notion, as you do. Verizon, UUHHHGGG!

Considering the transfer of assets from Echostar to Dish ONLY Verizon (among likley buyers) would, smartly, demand as part of the deal, it HAS TO BE Verizon, and they desperately need Dish. IMHO, this is a purchase of Dish that will have Verizon in complete control and a complete buy out of Charlie. Charlie might be given a seat on the board as a very minority owner (think poor old Ted Turner when he sold Turner to TW: an ineffectual board member who nobody on TW the board took seriously). Charlie will still have Echostar to play with and rule. But it would be a far smaller Echostar, but he could do some things with it.

Oh, yes, IMHO, it is Verizon. They are the ONLY one who NEEDS Dish now. I hope Verizon does not bring its horrid bad for consumer "wireless provider" Verizon model of pricing to Dish. I think an announcement is coming very soon.
Maybe Charlie could sell spectrum bandwidth from his tailgate.

What does Verizon get with an outdated Sat service that is on the way out (in the sense of the typical pay tv model). Seems like a lot of overhead to get spectrum

Not saying Verizon can't change their minds, however less than five months ago they stated at a stockholder meeting, and repeated when asked by analysts two months ago they were not interested in DISH. I don't know if being said at a stockholder meeting or to analysts makes any difference. I heard McAdam (From Verizon) specifically say on Bloomberg not more than three weeks ago that he knows where the rumors are coming from because Verizon has looked into the spectrum DISH has, and he repeated they have no interest in buying DISH. That is consistent with what Shammo (Verizon) said.

My real skepticism is Verizon has been extracting itself from the TV business in many markets, and stopped expanding the ones they still have except where they were contractually obligated to.
This is the link associated around the time of the interview, but there are many others.
http://www.investors.com/news/technology/verizon-tells-analysts-no-cbs-dish-in-cards-aol-doing-fine/

On the other hand, the transfer of assets sure seems to be a tie in to something happening with DISH. Maybe it's not with Verizon...

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Well it will certainly be interesting.

But seriously would Verizon rather pick up a Satellite provider or another Land Line service ?
Keep in mind how they hardly up keep half their infrastructure now.

The Fios customers are taken care of , but the rest OMG.

I would place my money on Verizon buying Dish.

And Tampa makes excellent points, and I remember all of those claims of Verizon never working with Dish.

But the fact is its all about money.
It would be stupid for Verizon and or Dish to walk away from this deal, with that other Cash cow( AT&T) hanging around.

When T mobile wants to supply land line Internet options at the speeds that are currently in place with the Cable and Fiber industry, well that would be IMO a different story.

But all T mobile can offer is great service in the big citys, but Nothing to where Verizon already has Landline and Wireless services in the Rural areas.

I'm in Pa and there are 30 miles radius patches all over the state where T Mobile is dead.
And Yes I had 1 T mobile Prepaid phone up until last December.
Because I was going to consider the service myself.
It just simply didn't work where it needed to.
These reason lead me to believe Charlie would lean to Verizon.

Unless TV sales are down, I don't think most people are using cell phone data to watch TV.

Last edited:
This rumor has been around on Fox Business for some time. They mentioned 2 different companies Verizon was seriously considering, can't remember the other.

VERIZON CAN F*CK STRAIGHT OFF

I hate everything about them, too, except that their wireless coverage is the best for where I live and travel.. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I traveled from KC to Indianapolis yesterday and never once lost service. Had LTE the entire time. I mean, that's just amazing. I love their coverage.

The best advantage for us when Verizon buys DISH is that once you get on a plan, you can stay on that plan forever and the price never goes up.

Okay, maybe I'm being a tad optimistic. However, I've been on the same America's Choice plan with unlimited data for over ten years and I pay the same today as when I started. I'm sure they'd bring their pricing model to DISH, so I could stay on the Top 200 until I die for $59.99.

I'm sure they'd bring their pricing model to DISH, so I could stay on the Top 200 until I die for $59.99.

upload_2017-2-11_13-39-1.png

Not saying Verizon can't change their minds, however less than five months ago they stated at a stockholder meeting, and repeated when asked by analysts two months ago they were not interested in DISH. I don't know if being said at a stockholder meeting or to analysts makes any difference. I heard McAdam (From Verizon) specifically say on Bloomberg not more than three weeks ago that he knows where the rumors are coming from because Verizon has looked into the spectrum DISH has, and he repeated they have no interest in buying DISH. That is consistent with what Shammo (Verizon) said.

My real skepticism is Verizon has been extracting itself from the TV business in many markets, and stopped expanding the ones they still have except where they were contractually obligated to.
This is the link associated around the time of the interview, but there are many others.
http://www.investors.com/news/technology/verizon-tells-analysts-no-cbs-dish-in-cards-aol-doing-fine/

On the other hand, the transfer of assets sure seems to be a tie in to something happening with DISH. Maybe it's not with Verizon...
Somebody wants to sell some stock..much like the dish/att rumors

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts