Dish Network ViP222 HD Dual-Tuner Receiver: A SatelliteGuys.US Review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The only problem I've had thus far is that the unit could not re-establish a satellite link after losing it in a thunderstorm. Once I reset it, it linked up without a problem.

So if the TV2 output on UHF (21-69) doesn't output stereo audio, couldn't I just pull the TV2 output off of the composite plus L/R stereo RCA jacks and input them into my Rat Shack modulator that does carry stereo and send that signal via coax to my basement TV? The installers hookup last Saturday has a coax output from TV2, UHF (21-69) which goes to the coax input on my basement TV. The basement TV is now set to Channel 60 to allow for control of the ViP222 tuner. If I use the composite out and L/R stereo out and convert it with my RS stereo modulator, with the basement TV set to Channel 3, won't I have a controlable output from the ViP222 with stereo audio?

Any flaws in this logic? Does anyone think the video signal done the way I described will be any better or worse than the TV2 UHF (21-69) signal? It is hard to imagine why Dish wouldn't have included the hardware to make the TV2 agile output stereo. It really isn't that big or expensive an upgrade to the hardware. What were they thinking?

Since I have not followed the forum or tech chats for quite some time, is the 222 external hard drive option going to happen or has it already? Time frame?

Just to bump my own post up after 4 months of no reply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)