This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DISH NETWORK vs. TURNER BROADCASTING

Dish Network is going to have to show itself next year without a price increase (or at least less than what DirecTv has) in order for people to see that it has done any good. If not then it will look like Dish is wanting to do so to put more money in their wallets.

Does anyone know if Turner is trying to get Dish to carry a new channel like Viacom did? This may be the only way we will get new channels in the future the way things are going with Dish.

I had cable locals for a while. I did notice that whenever my dish fuzzed out for rain fade, lo and behold, so did my cable channels.

bcshields said:
I had cable locals for a while. I did notice that whenever my dish fuzzed out for rain fade, lo and behold, so did my cable channels.

What does that have to do with E* dropping the Turner channels?

He was expanding on earlier comments about DISH downtime v. cable. Sometimes threads take an interesting turn.

Criswell predicts....(Can your hearts stand the shocking truth!)

Nothing will happen.

It will be business as usual with the Turner channels. There may be a little drama. But, the channels won't go anywhere, and neither will our rates...for now.

I also predict that Liz will re-marry Richard in the afterlife; Elvis is alive at Area 51; and GWB's torrid love affair with Condoleeza Rice will be exposed 2 weeks before the election.

It siw ell known that Elvis and Lucille Ball live together in a condominium in one of those cities on Mars. Liz Taylor is no doubt detined to spend eternity with Eddie Fisher. So the only one you got right is the one about Condoleeza Rice and Bush.

There is an item in today's SkyReport about this. There was no comment from either side in the dispute, which seems to be out of character for Charlie when there is a potential problem in contract negotiations. I agree with GaryPen here that nothing will happen just on that basis.

EchoStar warns it may drop CNN, other Turner channels

For the entire article click here

EchoStar blackout, part II?

DISH NETWORK vs. TURNER BROADCASTING
Apr 13, 2004

Reposted from: http://www.kpvi.com/index.cfm?page=nbcheadlines.cfm&ID=18001

Some satellite dish owners may be shut out from watching their favorite cartoons, newschannels, or even some Atlanta baseball games.

The Dish Network, run by Echostar Communications, has 9-million subscribers nationwide. It may drop programming from Turner Broadcasting. The channels in question are CNN, Headline News, Cartoon Network, and TBS, which shows movies and Atlanta Braves baseball games.

An Echostar spokesman says that Turner Broadcasting is seeking "unreasonable rate increases". A Turner spokeswoman says negotiations are underway and that they hope an agreement can be reached soon.

In March, Echostar pulled all Viacom channels, including MTV, VH1, and Nickelodeon, in a similar dispute. The two sides quickly reached a deal.

Dish's Deja-Feud: EchoStar Vs. Turner

EchoStar Chooses Industry Leading MTM400 for its Ease-of-Use and Ability To

EchoStar Communications Corp. and Turner Broadcasting have until the end of the month to reach a new contract agreement, analysts said this week.
"We haven't really been offered a reasonable deal," EchoStar chief executive Charlie Ergen told Dish customers during a broadcast Monday night. "We certainly hope we can get a deal with Turner. They've been a partner to us for a long, long time."

GaryPen said:
Other than HBO, CNN and HNN are my most-watched channels.
Since the liberal radio network is about to go belly up..your gonna be sol without cnn
:dev :dev