Dish Network: WHAT A NIGHTMARE! have no choice going with Directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

keith826

Oct 5, 2007
Hello satellite community, i will try to keep this short and to the point!
I have been waiting over 5 weeks weeks for an install with dish network and 2 waisted weekends! UNBELIEVABLE? we think so!
It all started when we had the good fortune to purchase a house in Belchertown, Ma. before we moved in we decided to go with Dish Network, as opposed to the money hungry cable company's, thats another post. We went with Dish because i have had it in the past and was happy with it. So we called and ordered, they gave us a install date, which was 2 weeks, i thought it was a little long but hey, we'll wait. My friends and family have ordered direct tv in the past and i know for a fact it was a 2-7 day install wait. So we wait 2 weeks, 2 weeks with snowy t.v. reception from my db4 antenna and every dvd i own, does anyone know how this is?
o.k. so the night before the Saturday install date, they called to confirm, everything good so far, Saturday install day is here, YES! they will be here between 8-12:00 this morning NOON comes and goes and no installer, so we called the contractor that dish "subbed" this out to, the same people who called and confirmed the night before, no answer so we left a message or 2. 3:00 rolls around and no return call from the install company so we called Dish, after 20 minutes of automated phone options i finally get a real live person that i can barely understand, so with my vast communication skills i interept what she is saying, oh i am terribly sorry sir but the install company that we hired does not service your area we can have someone out tomorrow between 8-12, ok i say, mistakes happen, whats another day? well sunday 8-12:00 comes and goes no installer to be seen, so once again we called Dish, 20 minutes and hey another real live person (i can understand this guy), ok sir let me pull up your account and take a look at your notes, hmmm... it says you had an install for yesterday. i had to explain the situation to this guy and 3 others that he passed me on to, well, bottom line we have to wait another 2 weeks for an install, they assured us that they would be here and they offered us 4 months of free service, after much debate with my wife and against my better judgement we agreed. what a mistake!!! we waited another 2 weeks and the exact i say exact thing happened again, we even called them the morning of the install date and they say yup they will be out thier before noon, you guessed it noon has come and gone.... we called and the first rep says- oh i am sorry- the installers truck broke down, i didn't believe her so i asked to talk to her supervisor, supervisor gets on yes sir the company we hired does not service your area, are you joking??? we can have someone out tomorrow at your convience, thanks but NO THANKS!!!! does anyone know the feeling of waiting around for an installer to come? you really can't do much, you have to wait, your day is basically gone and i had to do this for 2 weekends in the middle of the summer!! Am i the crazy one? i must talk to someone at Dish above the phone rep pay grade just to see what happened, to vent a little and to make sure this never happens to anyone else, to make this story even crazier we live on a main street and i have counted 5 dish network satellite dishes within a mile radius. I will be calling Direct Tv, like i should have done, 5 weeks ago. I will post my Direct Tv experience soon, i sure hope it is nothing like the other satellite company, which will remain nameless, like they should be!!!
Thanks for reading and thank you for letting me vent.... Keith

I'm currently with DishNet. Although, I am switching very soon. Charlie is a baseball nazi!

That sucks. Keep in mind this is D*'s busiest new subscriber season with the Sunday Ticket promo in full effect, I'd expect a bit more than 2-7 days.

Keith,
Let Directv know about your timeframe you waited on DISH and maybe that will help get you on the short list for the D* install, many of the D* installers work Sat and Sunday and late into the evening too.

If the install date seems long, ask to be put on the cancellation list, they will come to your place IF someone cancels !

It may not be better for you at Direct. I had 3 install dates go bad on me with Direct. Installer calls cannot come because of a emergency, No show, installation company calls the day of the install and says no installer is available. I got $100 dollars each time the install date went by without Direct. The 4th time Direct called to make sure everything was set up and everything did go well.

Our luck with D* installs has ALWAYS been good. They show up when promised and complete the work quickly. Sometimes the dates are 1 week to 10 days off, but they've shown when promised.

Dish Network: WHAT A NIGHTMARE! have no choice going with Directv

Our luck with D* installs has ALWAYS been good. They show up when promised and complete the work quickly. Sometimes the dates are 1 week to 10 days off, but they've shown when promised.

Same here, nothing but good luck with installers and appointments.

Keith 826, sorry you had so much trouble, but welcome to the D* forums.

Keep us posted as to what happens!

i live in Connecticut.
the one who installed my DirecTv was within the 8-12 noon time frame.
he came around 1130am.

and he also install Dish.

so i guess, it really depends where you live..
here, almost all installers do business with both companies.

I gotta say that even though the install company that put my direct system in has a large history of problems ( mastec ) they did get it in during the window quoted and it was %95 up to speck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Making the switch to D*

DirecTV Move

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)