Dish Networks HD is True HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
You guys know how much I hate HD lite and also HD liste discussion as there hasn't been anything said that has not been said before.

However I just the following in my mailbox and just had to post it.

Dish Network tells us in this brochure what you need to get "True HD"

Take a look for yourself.

Attachments

• Dish_TrueHD.pdf
    707.4 KB · Views: 1,439
Six times sharper than Dish standard def?
Yea, I'll believe that! :rolleyes:
The SD qual goes down as the HD goes down.

(...but please don't turn this into yet another run-away HD-Lite-bashing thread!)

Love the brochure, should put a dent in DTV's more HD claim. Like you, I'm not happy with HD lite, we need to keep pushing for FULL HD resolution and bandwidth. All the new HD sets will be 1080p before long and it will be obvious that low resoluition and bit starving are killing the true HD picture quality. On my new 56" 1080p set, when full HD is presented, the picture is breathtaking.

Actually, they seemed to call it "DishHD" in every instance but one. It's almost as if they person who proof-read this missed it. I'm referring to "What do I need to get true HD?" question. I'll bet they meant it to say "What do I need to get DishHD?".

I counted (12) instances of them using the term "DishHD".

Actually, they seemed to call it "DishHD" in every instance but one. It's almost as if they person who proof-read this missed it. I'm referring to "What do I need to get true HD?" question. I'll bet they meant it to say "What do I need to get DishHD?".

I counted (12) instances of them using the term "DishHD".

Excellent observation. Now they can cover their a$$ and say they never said it was true HD, it's "DishHD".

They're still the best picture quality you can get from a subscription. I'm more than satisfied, even with HD-Lite. Perhaps this is because my TV is just a 37" 720p set, but I enjoy the PQ a lot and I still feel like I get a great experience for the money I spend.

The 61.5 Demo channel is terrible now. Very bad compression.

However HBO, Showtime, ESPN, and ESPN2 are true HD. And I think either Nat Geo or Discovery is, and maybe UNIHD - although it too suffers from over compression.

Well either way Dish Rocks and is the HD leader!!
Where have you been? Dish HD has gone in the sh*tter this year. Comcast here has a lot less HD but it is real true full rez/full bandwidth HD. Watching DishHD is like watching a DVD compared to the real thing!

Well, Dish Network should be able to increase some bandwidth to the rest of the HD channels after 1 December, after the loss of CBS in HD, both east and west.

The 61.5 Demo channel is terrible now. Very bad compression.

You missed the posts in the Uplink report that show with the moves of FoodHD and HGHD that the demo is now the only channel on it's transponder, and it's also getting 18or so mbps? That should be the very best channel in the lineup at this time.

I did miss those posts. Last time I looked at the demo channel, about 6-7 weeks ago, it was terrible.

I don't follow what happens with FoodHD and HGHD as I removed those channels from my HD channel listings so that my wife wouldn't find out about them. Those channels don't exist in my home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)