Dish new HD Pack for Puerto Rico

Ok, so I am still confused. I had the HD pack before wednesday. I got home from work and I had all of the new HD channels. I went to a store and while away from home I called Dish and activated the external hard drive support for my receiver. I arrived home and poof...all of the HD channels were missing or in red. I called and they finally activated the "new" HD package so I get the original HD channels but not the new ones. So, starting tomorrow will the new HD channels pop back up? Now I'm reading that I should maybe cancel now and reactivate tomorrow to get them for free until May 2010?

Tom your account is exactly like mine with the expetion of the superstations but that shouln't make a difference.

On the other topic how do you adapted the channel master to fit the square neck of the DP LNB? This is besides the modification that you explain to me for the 5 footers. I have 61.5 with the CM antenna and the other two are 5.5' for 110 and 119.

No problem I'll get the pic this weekend, call me Saturday afternoon.. About 4PM is possible..

Can somebody post the channel number range for the PR-HD, the new package...

Tom

Ok, so I am still confused. I had the HD pack before wednesday. I got home from work and I had all of the new HD channels. I went to a store and while away from home I called Dish and activated the external hard drive support for my receiver. I arrived home and poof...all of the HD channels were missing or in red. I called and they finally activated the "new" HD package so I get the original HD channels but not the new ones. So, starting tomorrow will the new HD channels pop back up? Now I'm reading that I should maybe cancel now and reactivate tomorrow to get them for free until May 2010?

prhdwanter,

The same occur to me yesterday. Chat with csr and upgraded to 1 penny year for cinemax and after that all hd gone. Have not call to get it fix.

Maybe I should cancer hd and order it tomorow for the hd discount

Tom your account is exactly like mine with the expetion of the superstations but that shouln't make a difference.

On the other topic how do you adapted the channel master to fit the square neck of the DP LNB? This is besides the modification that you explain to me for the 5 footers. I have 61.5 with the CM antenna and the other two are 5.5' for 110 and 119.

I have as 6 footer and 2 4.5'. I would like to know how to adapt the dp lnb too. If Tom could post a picture or diagram that would be great.

"HD Enabled, HD Pak" vs. "AK/HI/PR/VI HD Pak"

Reading these posts and comparing the have's & have-not's related to the new HD channels in the PR region, it seems to me that the have's subscribe to "HD Enabled, HD Pak" and the have-not's subscribe to "AK/HI/PR/VI HD Pak" (I'm currently a have-not:(). Will current "AK/HI/PR/VI HD Pak" subscribers eventually see these new channels suddenly appear in their guides in the near future? Or will we have to call Dish to make programming changes?

:confused::confused::confused:

my HD pack still hasnt been upgraded what the hell is wrong?
I still have under account info the old HD and yet no HD enabled HD Pak
ugh

my HD pack still hasnt been upgraded what the hell is wrong?
I still have under account info the old HD and yet no HD enabled HD Pak
ugh

That is very strange Symbol. I automatically received the new channels initially until I made a change to my account and then all my HD disappeared and I was stuck with the new HD package.

Maybe by politely explaining the situation & the reason for it. IMO....u can get better result with any company CSR when being polite rather then rude/demanding.

rajmarie

Thanks, did as you sed tell the truth and the cancel my HD and waived de cancelation Fee. I will chat with them tomoroy to add the HD and see if I can get the $10 until may.

My question for any techs is why can many of us in PR not even see the new HD channels any more? If you make any changes to your account the new HD channels disappear completely. If we get the same satellites....why the heck can't we see the new HD channels? How will they magically appear for those of us tomorrow?

My question for any techs is why can many of us in PR not even see the new HD channels any more? If you make any changes to your account the new HD channels disappear completely. If we get the same satellites....why the heck can't we see the new HD channels? How will they magically appear for those of us tomorrow?

looks like every time a change are made the sistem activate everything againg. The old HD Pak is not on the CSR system and the new one should be tomorow.

I will call and order HD againg and see if I get the $10 OFF offer

I m not a Dish tech....but I guess the reason can be the package. American or Latino....why....because we have 2 different series in 4000 range for us....which is strange since the channel listing on both r the same channels.

This makes me belive that American Classic package will have 1 series...whereas Latino subs will have another one. I might be completly off here...but this is my guess.

Since the new HD was not supposed to be available to us before Aug1...& the uplink happened on 2-3 days earlier....not everything was set up properly causing some people to get the channels..whereas some not. This might have resulted in lots of call to Dish...which resulted in Dish holding the auto authorization till Aug1.

I believe Dish will authorize all the HD pak tomorrow automatically. I also believe that some will still be left out cold & will require calls to dish. If this happened...please be polite with CSR...& the result will be better.

Have a nice HD weekend everybody in PR & VI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts