Dish new HD Pack for Puerto Rico

Hi Nel, I am planning to do what you did, cancel my account and open a new one in my wife's name. From where did you get the new free vip 211, with dish directly? I also have a VIP 622 in my current account, will I be able to transfer that receiver to the new account?

I will send you a PM if you live in the metro area and around

Can anyone with a recently activated PR HD Pak Sub and 61.5 hardware confirm/deny that HD channels not included with the PR Hd Pak (pretty much the rest that are still at 61.5 such as NatGeo, Universal HD) are viewable? Thanks

Can anyone with a recently activated PR HD Pak Sub and 61.5 hardware confirm/deny that HD channels not included with the PR Hd Pak (pretty much the rest that are still at 61.5 such as NatGeo, Universal HD) are viewable? Thanks

Unfortunately, no, they are not viewable, which sucks big time. We can't even see the ones that were recently transfered to 110 (WGN, CI, etc...)

C'mmon Symbol you want more channels admit it.. hahaha :)

This is great, my father watched the Food Network all day Saturday and Sunday. He kept saying the same thing "It looks great". He doesn't watch ESPN, or TNT. HD net sometimes, so the only channel he actually watched in HD before was HD Theater and sometimes HBO. So he very happy that for the same $10 he's getting all those channels.

My mom is mad, my old man always said when I had dish in his house "Who needs HD its fine if you can watch it"
He came over to my place today and dropped his Jaw when he saw shark week on discovery HD on my Sharp Aquos 40" 1080p LCD
My mom is mad because he ran to the store to buy a new lcd and to a local dealer to get an HD box and now my jaw dropped, he plunged in $350.00 for a 722k NIB with OTA

I'm sticking with 222k until 922 comes out

Gold HD / Platinum HD / HD PACK Possible?

Well... I'm still without the 4900-49xx HD channels on 110...

On my account I have Gold HD / Platinum HD.. I did a chat with a tech support from Dish and he said that in order to add the HD Pack to my account he must remove the Gold HD / Platinum HD. I told him to not change anything under my account since I have GOld HD and Platinum HD for more than 5 years.

He was unable to add the HD Pack.. however I know people on PR with Gold HD / Platinum HD and also the HD PACK.

I don't know what else to do.

Well... I'm still without the 4900-49xx HD channels on 110...

On my account I have Gold HD / Platinum HD.. I did a chat with a tech support from Dish and he said that in order to add the HD Pack to my account he must remove the Gold HD / Platinum HD. I told him to not change anything under my account since I have GOld HD and Platinum HD for more than 5 years.

He was unable to add the HD Pack.. however I know people on PR with Gold HD / Platinum HD and also the HD PACK.

I don't know what else to do.

Mylo you are one of the lucky few. I was able to subscribe a good number a customer to those packages, back in 2005(Voom Package)and 2006 for customers with PR address. Dish blocked the HD activation and my business went to hell. All of those that changed their basic package lost their HD package and ended up with 5 channels for $10. It happened to me and thaks to Richard I got them back, and I'm a Retailer. So I'm telling you I called more than 30 times for a friend who lost them in May and I was lucky that after I got mine back, I called the morning after and I got the Package for him. But the new PR-HD was not officially efective yet. I even got the Platinum which I didn't had before.:D

So if you can live with those 33 channels go ahead and do it, I need the NFL Network, Paladia to name a few. I got so used to many of those HD Channels that I don't watch SD anymore but the Networks which now I have on HD via All American Direct, which I know that is expensive but is cheaper than to pay a minimum subscription and the NFL Sunday Thicket on DTV-PR.

Last edited:
Tom,

Believe me I know it is hard for us. I remember I was helping a friend to setup HD last year and I told the dish rep to go to my account and configure my friend's account as mine.. the rep go ahead and removed all my HD channels.. I spent like 2 hours on the phone until I decide to cancel my account after been a dish customer for nearly 10 years. After saying that.. my HD Channels came back :)

Now I was wondering if I can add the PR HD Pack on top of the Gold HD / Platinum HD that I currently have. I know I have all those channels plus more on the Gold HD but they are on 61.5 and at least I want some of them to be on the 110 for an increase in signal strength. But the rep told me that wasn't possible. However my brother was able to have all three packages and even the rep that assist him told him that as long as he keeps the Gold HD package the PR HD Pack will be free. It doesn't make any sense but at least he is able to watch some of the channels on 110.

I guess I'm not the lucky one.

Mylo.

If I have GoldHD+PlatinumHD and the PR HD PAK will I get the mapdown for the PR HD PAK only or all of them?

You already had the three packages? My brother has all three but the mapdown is done with the Gold HD at least on his account and not with the HD Pack.

Mylo you are one of the lucky few. I was able to subscribe a good number a customer to those packages, back in 2005(Voom Package)and 2006 for customers with PR address. Dish blocked the HD activation and my business went to hell. All of those that changed their basic package lost their HD package and ended up with 5 channels for $10. It happened to me and thaks to Richard I got them back, and I'm a Retailer. So I'm telling you I called more than 30 times for a friend who lost them in May and I was lucky that after I got mine back, I called the morning after and I Package for him. But the new PR-HD was not officially efective yet. I even got the Platinum which I didn't had before.:D

So if you can live with those 33 channels go ahead and do it, I need the NFL Network, Paladia to name a few. I got so used to many of those HD Channels that I don't watch SD anymore but the Networks which now I have on HD via All American Direct, which I know that is expensive but is cheaper than to pay a minimum subscription and the NFL Sunday Thicket on DTV-PR.

Tom how does the HD look?

Nel;

They look great. Heck anything is better than our stupid local channels, like Fox-PR, where the left channel on my HT Receiver is way louder than the right. Or like the sorry CBS that sounds like my HT have a severw cold and it needs to clear its throat but doesn't do it.
The change to my locals on HD, well what can I say. I used to have CBS-HD until it was taken away from me when they add that GREAT channel as part PR locals. Picture is perfect, the re-run of House looks great. Man I'm watching tv again.. :) This fall the series I watched are going to be exellent... specially the 5.1 sound....

Hi People

Mylo I have HD Gold + Plat and also get the map down of the PR HD Pack on the respective channels numbers. What ever comes off sat 110 is on its mapped down location and the others come off 61.5. What I told the advance technical department CSR was to ad HD Gold + Plat and specificaly told him to leave the PR locals and mapped down what ever HD channels I could get off Sat 110. Everything is working great. You have to be specific with them on what you want and they will do it.

Tom I worked with the 6' channel master this weekend and got TP 9 up from 4 all the way to 20-21 and TP 24 is up from 12 to 15-17. But still TP 24 drops down to 9 from 6:00pm to 7:00pm and also from 6:30am to 7:30am. Weird but this is happening only to TP 24 when the sun is either directly sideways on the east or west. The rest of the TP's dont get affected by this. Strange ???????? Anyway I am trying to get a hold of a GeoSatPro 2.4 meter (8 footer). It is nicely constructed made out of steel and the price is $325. It is also made out of 6 individual panels witch makes it shippable to any location in a relative small box. Hope this will give me better relaiability to sat 61.5.

Nel;

They look great. Heck anything is better than our stupid local channels, like Fox-PR, where the left channel on my HT Receiver is way louder than the right. Or like the sorry CBS that sounds like my HT have a severw cold and it needs to clear its throat but doesn't do it.
The change to my locals on HD, well what can I say. I used to have CBS-HD until it was taken away from me when they add that GREAT channel as part PR locals. Picture is perfect, the re-run of House looks great. Man I'm watching tv again.. :) This fall the series I watched are going to be exellent... specially the 5.1 sound....

Well in that case I will be ordering CBS hd and FOX hd from Los Angeles I used to have them before all this local channels show up!

For those who are asking about how to do upgrades you can call locally to this phone number (787) 264-2923(Todays television) and ask for them.Our team summit is on friday so more info is yet to come.The only bad news I can come with is the State charges((ivu) will be shown on your invoices soon.

Hi People

Mylo I have HD Gold + Plat and also get the map down of the PR HD Pack on the respective channels numbers. What ever comes off sat 110 is on its mapped down location and the others come off 61.5. What I told the advance technical department CSR was to ad HD Gold + Plat and specificaly told him to leave the PR locals and mapped down what ever HD channels I could get off Sat 110. Everything is working great. You have to be specific with them on what you want and they will do it.

Tom I worked with the 6' channel master this weekend and got TP 9 up from 4 all the way to 20-21 and TP 24 is up from 12 to 15-17. But still TP 24 drops down to 9 from 6:00pm to 7:00pm and also from 6:30am to 7:30am. Weird but this is happening only to TP 24 when the sun is either directly sideways on the east or west. The rest of the TP's dont get affected by this. Strange ???????? Anyway I am trying to get a hold of a GeoSatPro 2.4 meter (8 footer). It is nicely constructed made out of steel and the price is $325. It is also made out of 6 individual panels witch makes it shippable to any location in a relative small box. Hope this will give me better relaiability to sat 61.5.

Hey Rich,

What you are experiencing with the Transponder signal loss is normal. I can't recall the name of the "event"but yes it happen when the sun is directly in front of the antenna. Maybe another member can help me, this was a big issue back when our 6 footers were the minimum size to get the 119 sats. Why it is happeing in the morning, well I don't since our 61.5 dishes face the south basically. It may be because of the Dish elevation and the Dish gets affected by the sun during the sunset and dawn. I need a bottle of absolut to think more clearly..:cool:

Anyway I told you, a fine tune will help your cause. I'm so busy rigth now that I haven't done mine.:(

Regarding the antenna I don't now. You'll have to compare both technicals specs, the Channel Master gain is pretty good, they used to sell their 8 footer version for over a thousand dollars. The problem is that you have to order it with no way to test it before.

Regarding you account, mine states exactly the same: Dish Gold Classic Silver 200, ala carte: Classic Gold 250 Bonus Pak, and Puerto Rico DMA Package. (you have the superstations). You get the Spotbeams HD and I don't, so go figure....I'm not calling I don't to lose my channels again...:confused:

For those who are asking about how to do upgrades you can call locally to this phone number (787) 264-2923(Todays television) and ask for them.Our team summit is on friday so more info is yet to come.The only bad news I can come with is the State charges((ivu) will be shown on your invoices soon.

Or they can just call me.. :D

Regarding the IVU that's was expected, actually DTV and the Cable Companies took this matter to the courts a couple of years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)