DIsh Nnetwork - Distant Network Feeds on Eastern Arc Satellites

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vtbigdog

Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
Vermont
I have an RV and am receiving Dish Network via the Eastern Arc satelites. I want to be able to add the Distant Network Feeds, but I do not see where these are offered on 61.5, 72 or 77. Am I SOL?

I have a related question for dahenny.

I'm going to Florida next month with my 1000.4 EA dish, and VIP622.

Will I be able to get Florida network channels, like CBS,ABC,NBC?

What your saying is I wouldn't get NY locals like I get at home, but don't want to miss the network shows.

vtbigdog, I'm also RVing for the winter!

What Bobby said, except the only other way you can get the networks, is to get a WA dish, or a dish 500, and subscribe to All American Direct, which is a company that Dish leases transponders to for distant nets.

So for 3 months, can I call and subscribe for that period of time?

I want HD, and that's why I bought the 1000.4.

I got a letter today telling me that I had to call them anyway, because they want to upgrade my hardware.

I assume it's my 2 dishes, one at 110 &, the 119, the other at 61.5.

I guess they want to replace them with a 1000.4 EA dish.

I'm also going to tell them with the last SW update, they screwed up my VIP622, I have to reboot it several times a day to watch TV!

The screen goes black, and there is no sound, very annoying, and I'm not replacing the receiver, because it isn't the hardware.

I've been with Dish for over 10 years, and am use to their buggy software. I'll just have to wait for the next "fix"

Thanks for the fast replies.

So for 3 months, can I call and subscribe for that period of time?

I want HD, and that's why I bought the 1000.4.

I got a letter today telling me that I had to call them anyway, because they want to upgrade my hardware.

I assume it's my 2 dishes, one at 110 &, the 119, the other at 61.5.

I guess they want to replace them with a 1000.4 EA dish.

I'm also going to tell them with the last SW update, they screwed up my VIP622, I have to reboot it several times a day to watch TV!

The screen goes black, and there is no sound, very annoying, and I'm not replacing the receiver, because it isn't the hardware.

I've been with Dish for over 10 years, and am use to their buggy software. I'll just have to wait for the next "fix"

Thanks for the fast replies.

Sounds like hardware to me.

Yeah, if you're gonna be in FL for three months, a simple address change might be the easiest route.

I got off the phone with them, and your right about change of address, they set up a "snowbird account" You tell them your new address, and every time you move, just call them! For Free, and if you have the monthly service charge($6.00), they will send a tech to your campsite to make sure your receiver and dish is working properly for $15.00!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts