Dish non responsive to its customer wants

Matthew s

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
For almost two years I have been requesting that LOGO be added to the line up. I keep getting the same response. Dish keeps adding all kinds of CRAP to the line up 3/4 of which I am paying for but do not watch.

Here is a copy of several emails I have sent them and the responses. I assume that I have been red listed since I was shunted to a call center when trying to call charlie chat. I just want to know if they have plans to add LOGO in the next several years so I can make plans to switch to Directtv if they do not plan too. I guess the near future is either never or when it snow in heck.
Dear
Thank you for your e-mail. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered; however, our records indicate that this channel is available as PPV on channel 537. If you have any further questions, please email us or contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-333-3474.
As a current customer, you may also use our website to view your current or previous billing statements, add services, or make payments to your account. Please use the link https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/UserManagement/login.jsp to visit our Online Customer Support Center.
Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.
Sincerely,
Essam S.
PB-Charlie
DISH Network e-Care
** Please include all previous correspondence when replying. **

Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 11:11 AM
To: FeedBack
Subject: Customer Service,

Full Name:
Account Number:
Question: Today 11/29/2006 I noticed Here is not in the line up. Is there a reason why?
Also when will be logo be added? I have been requesting Logo for almost 2 years. I have noticed that there have been several sports channels, resort and residence channel, mens channel, mens 2 channel, water channel, slueth, soapnet and several others added within the last two years. With the loss of here, dish's refusal to add logo while adding other channels, and Dish's headquarters being in the same town as focus on the family the enemy of the gay people. I can only assume that dish is being inflenced by focus on the family to not add or maintain gay and lesbian programming or channel selections. I do hope I am wrong in this assumtion and that here will be restored and logo will be added to the line up soon.
Dear Mr.
Thank you for your email. I do apologize for the error in your title in the previous email. However, DISH Network is still under contractual negotiations with LOGO and unfortunately, we are not at liberty to discuss our contractual negotiations.
Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.
Sincerely,
Veronica A.
DISH Network eCare
Pine Brook
-----original message-----

Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 7:49 PM
Cc:Subject:
To who it may concern,

I have two problems with this email response.

1 This is the same response I have been getting for 2 1/2 years.

2 I am male so the title Ms. as clearly shown below is not only inappropriate but also insulting.

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 9:35 PM
Subject: RE: Programming,

Dear Ms. ,
Thank you for your interest in LOGO and Q. We are currently in negotiations to provide these channels. We are hopeful of reaching an agreement in the near future.
Please understand we are not at liberty to discuss negotiation details. We continually strive to provide all our customers with a large variety of diverse programming choices.
We appreciate your continued support and patience during our negotiations to secure LOGO and Q.
Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com <http://www.dishnetwork.com/> or reply to this email.
Sincerely,
Veronica A.
DISH Network eCare
Pine Brook
-----original message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 4:44 AM
Subject: Programming,
Full Name:
Account Number:
Question: To whom it may concern,
I have noticed that DISH is launching The Big Ten Network. Here is a quote from the email flyer. "DISH Network recognizes how important Big Ten Conference games are to our customers, and we are pleased to offer the Big Ten Network, continuing our tradition of providing our customers the best in college sports." I have been asking for the LOGO channel to be added to the lineup for amost 3 years. Why is Big Ten Network being added instead of LOGO? As a customer LOGO is more important to me then the Big Ten Network. As a customer I am offended that Dish Network would assume that The Big Ten Network is of any importance to me and that Dish Network does not recognise how important LOGO is to me.
I simply do not understand why I can not have LOGO while in the past several years Dish has added channels of no importance, such as Fine living, all the HDTV channels, and now the Big Ten Network.

How about posting under your regular account here.

Dish and for that matter any company is not going to provide you want you want in the way of a channel that it doesnt have just for one person, there has to be enough of a demand for it from its current customers and potential future customers for this channel or any channel for that matter to be added. So far sine the birth of this site there have been a small handful of people that have requested an interest in this channel and thats an indicator that its not a very popular or high demand interest channel.

Comparing Logo to Big ten is seriously a stretch, a big stretch.

Why don't you take this energy you are wasting complaining about the service and put your money where your mouth is and sign up with a provider that carries this channel?

537 is HDPPV on my box... The information provided is incorrect.

According to Wikipedia -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logo_(TV_channel)#Logo_on_Dish_Network

Logo on Dish Network

Logo was originally scheduled to be launched on the channel's launch date, June 30, 2005, but that didn't occur. But as requested, Dish Network will finally carry Logo beginning sometime in 2007. [unreliable source?]

I think the problem here is that this person isn't getting reliable information. The fact that channel is of no interest to any of us is kind of minor comparatively.. :)

How about posting under your regular account here.
I am not sure what you mean? As for as this forum goes this is my regular account.

Dish and for that matter any company is not going to provide you want you want in the way of a channel that it doesnt have just for one person, there has to be enough of a demand for it from its current customers and potential future customers for this channel or any channel for that matter to be added. So far sine the birth of this site there have been a small handful of people that have requested an interest in this channel and thats an indicator that its not a very popular or high demand interest channel.

Comparing Logo to Big ten is seriously a stretch, a big stretch.

Come on now are you saying that there was a great demand for fine living, resort and residence, & ion? All three of these have been added since 2005. Yes I am comparing LOGO to Big TEn. LOGO is more important to me then all that useless, nasty, sports crap. I consider sports promraming a waste of time and money and I had to choose my channels I would block them and I wish I didn't have to pay for them. Besides there is already plenty of football programing out there how many sports channels does one system need? It is a waste.

They could solve this for me by simply saying "yes we intend to carry LOGO in 2008" Instead of saying "We are currently in negotiations to provide these channels. We are hopeful of reaching an agreement in the near future."

I mean how long do negotiations take? 1, 2, 3 or 10 years?

I love Dish network I think they are better then Directtv that is why I chose them in 1999. I don't want to switch. Directtv sucks. I just want LOGO.

The key word you used was "ME". Just because logo is more important than sports to you doesn't make that the majority preference. I don't even know what LOGO is and have only heard a very small handfull of people ask about it. On the other hand Big Ten threads were all over the place.

It's not that E* isn't responsive to its customers. E* just doesn't care about YOU, individually, as a person. Everyone else is getting everything they ask for on request. You must really have upset Charlie. It was probably the nagging e-mail.

Come on now are you saying that there was a great demand for fine living, resort and residence, & ion? All three of these have been added since 2005.

I don't know the specifics behind these channels, but understand that when Dish Network negotiates with a channel provider, sometimes they throw in sister channels that are free or VERY cheap. So chances are, these channels may have been just part of a package in order to get the BIG named channel.

Yes I am comparing LOGO to Big TEn. LOGO is more important to me then all that useless, nasty, sports crap. I consider sports promraming a waste of time and money and I had to choose my channels I would block them and I wish I didn't have to pay for them. Besides there is already plenty of football programing out there how many sports channels does one system need? It is a waste.

What you don't understand is Dish Network is going to add the programming the majority of their clients demand. Obviously there isn't a big demand for Logo. To you sports may be worthless and a waste, but to me its not. To me, channels like LOGO are a complete waste. But Dish Network doesn't cater to just you and me.

If you can't get what you want, why not just go to another provider. You are not forced to be a DISH subscriber.

You are wasting your time thinking your 1 or 2 emails is going to convince DISH to carry a channel.[/QUOTE]

It's not that E* isn't responsive to its customers. E* just doesn't care about YOU, individually, as a person. Everyone else is getting everything they ask for on request. You must really have upset Charlie. It was probably the nagging e-mail.

I think he already knows this. I mean they already have a conspiracy against him and probably will have to kill him now that he knows about the 'red listed' status he has. ;):rolleyes:

I mean when I call Charlie Chat...Charlie answers the phone. Doesn't he do that for the rest of you?

I think he already knows this. I mean they already have a conspiracy against him and probably will have to kill him now that he knows about the 'red listed' status he has. ;):rolleyes:

I mean when I call Charlie Chat...Charlie answers the phone. Doesn't he do that for the rest of you?

Sometimes the respond to a customer's wants sometimes they respond to a customer's needs. ;)

I, too, would love to see LOGO in our channel line-up. I have e-mailed and I have called, but mainly just to inquire - of course, I get the same "we are in negotiations...." I agree that it would be nice to be told that it will be on before the end of the year, or in 2008 or whatever, but, I also understand these things take time. I also understand this isn't a channel that interests everyone - but what channel out there is of interest to everyone? Do I care about Big 10? No, not really... do I watch sports? yep- love the NBA, (ever if our Pacers have become ...oh I'll just keep that for another discussion- ha!) I digress...am I glad to see the sports channel additions (ie Big 10) in the line up? Of course... more programming = more choices = more customers for E* = more $$$ = more programming = the circle continues. I weighed out the pros and cons of switching to a carrier that does have LOGO and Here!... the pros associated with E* won out - the equipment is better, the pricing is better, and, in our situation, I can bundle it with my phone/internet/cell and have just 1 bill to worry about. I can pick up/rent DVDs of some of the programming from LOGO and Here! - until the day it shows up our EPG.

So, yes, I do want LOGO. I had heard at one point that we may see it in Q4 of 2007. If so, that's absolutely great... if not? well... there are a lot of other programs I can watch. We have Bravo after all. ha ha

Ok... I'll shut up now.

I'd say demand for LOGO is non-trivial. But demand is only one part of the equation. I don't know that I would watch it much, having a pretty full DVR as it is, but I don't begrudge anyone else their viewing wants.

I don't know the specifics behind these channels, but understand that when Dish Network negotiates with a channel provider, sometimes they throw in sister channels that are free or VERY cheap. So chances are, these channels may have been just part of a package in order to get the BIG named channel.

This is very frequently the case. Maybe the people who want LOGO should also contact MTV Networks (this is who operates LOGO), or even Viacom (owner of MTV Networks). They might be able to work out some sort of package deal with Dish where LOGO is carried on Dish along with all the other MTV Networks channels which include the various MTV & VH1 channels, Nickelodeon channels, TV Land, CMT, Spike, MHD, Comedy Central, etc.

Actually, thinking about it some more, maybe the CSR thought he meant HERE! which was on PPV at one point was on 537?

I used to see ads for it on some of the Top250 channels (I think Comedy Central or something like that), but I think it was killed off with the introduction of HDPPV.

It probably wasn't a high demand either. That could help explain why Logo hasn't been a big interest to add.

Short of some rare hot chicks on some of the MTV shows, those MTV networks are all a waste. Let's just get rid of them. I do remember the glory days when MTV actually showed a music video. Those days have died a long long time ago. :)

I love Dish network I think they are better then Directtv that is why I chose them in 1999. I don't want to switch. Directtv sucks. I just want LOGO.

You just have to decide which is more important to you, having LOGO or having Dish.

The reason I went to Dish was because Time Warner took over Adelphia in my area, they dropped NFL Network. Not having NFL Network was important enough to me for me to switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts