Dish now to Flextv who made the switch

Who has switched to Flex tv from dish now?

• Switched to Flex tv.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Got a contract.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Quit dish altogether.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Will wait to see if dish brings back prepaid.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
I hate that DISH eliminated pre-paid. I LOVED it. I refuse to go with Flex. If enough of us refuse either Dish or someone else will bring pre-paid back as an option.

I actually enjoy flex compared to dish now, i like how you can get any receiver you want and still get benefits of a regular dish subscriber but can quit at any time. But i do still miss dish now.

Don't know the exact details of how Flex TV works, but it is only installed free if you want a basic 322 receiver. Anything above that is a $99 install, and you probably won't be able to get around that by self-installing because they won't provide the receiver then. I'm under contract right now, but I don't really mind because I haven't had any problems.

Don't know the exact details of how Flex TV works, but it is only installed free if you want a basic 322 receiver. Anything above that is a $99 install, and you probably won't be able to get around that by self-installing because they won't provide the receiver then. I'm under contract right now, but I don't really mind because I haven't had any problems.

Here we go again, let the DISinformation campaign begin!

The costs for former dishnow customers to convert to flex are free other than the 1st month of programming which you can get welcome pack without locals for only $9.99 to convert your existing dishnow setup to flex. All of your former dishnow equipment is considered owned so if after the first month under flex you dont pay anonther cent if you choose not to purchase another month ever again.

As far as the flextv website being promoted above, that is not for former dishnow customers and appears to be a retailer (not dish corp) looking to sell new flex accounts.

If any of you have gone under contact I sincerly hope you didn't use your outdated dishnow receivers and you got all new stuff.

I thought this thread was only supposed to be a poll about who switched from dishnow to flex?

We already had a good thread going that had the vital info and some good questions about how dishnow customers can switch to flex for free with one phone call to the dishnow customer service line using their existing equipment. see here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/187074-dish-network-flextv-questions-4.html

As far as those waiting for Dishnow to return, no matter how long you hold out you receiver will just become a doorstop unless you pay the 9.99 for at least one month of programming activated under the pay in advance, no commitment, flex program available to former dishnow through the dishnow customer service number. I imagine the offer to convert existing dishnow subs to flex wont be around longer than 30 to 60 days.

Based on what you said Nissan how come you have not voted option 1 like me?

Last edited:
I voted QUIT DISH ALTOGETHER, but I would like to have added WAIT UNTIL THEY BRING BACK THE PREPAID I LIKED. Meaning I like to bring back:

1. The day to day ordering.
2. The ability to order just a premium without having to order a base package to "qualify" the premium
3. The GDMP used for day to day, and not month to month.
4. None of the added fees which they have now.
5. Ability to order PPV/VOD without needing to be currently subscribed(that would be really nice addition to the FlexTV setup. Would not bring me in though since I would need qualifying programming in order to get it)

I got my money's worth out of it though. Had it for over 2 1/2 years. Will definitely keep reading these threads to see if anyone comes up with any insights, or tricks, with the FlexTV program.

Or if DirecTV offers one or something like it down the road.

Sorry forgot to vote i placed my vote.Also one thing i do not like is on flex u have to wait 6 months before you can lease a receiver that is rediculus i sent a email to ceo@echostar asking if there is any possibility of leasing a receiver before then because i dont want to pay full price for one if i ever quite and have a $300 doorstop.:D

If you own it you can sell it. Dish receivers hold their value very well. Leased receivers need to be returned.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts